Lost Birth Certificate--Help Please!!

tmli

Wants to be known as tmlh....
Well we have another mini crisis...my aunt has lost my cousins birth certificate. She is 15 and has only a SIN as ID. We leave on Jan.12.
She has a photocopy of it, if this was notorized would that be good enough?

I know we have to show them at the border (we are flying out of Buffalo), what about at the airport--what ID is required for check in?

Is there something else we could do to get an original in hand before we go?

Wish I could help. We have flown Buffalo 3 times now and never once have I needed to show any I.D. for all 3 of my kids-15, 14, and 10. Airport or border. I also brought DD's friend(15), and had a notorized letter for her but once again was not asked to show any type of I.D. I do always have it and would probably panic as you are now if I didn't.

Here in Manitoba you can get a Birth Cert the same day if you are willing to pay extra and come back later in the day to pick it up.
Do you not have that option in Ont??
A SIN is not considered a piece of ID from what I understand.
Hope you get it all straightened out.
Vanessa

I lost my son's, and he was born in Ontario. We faxed the application from the website,along with a photocopy of our hotel reservations (you could photocopy airline tickets as well). On that application, I had to give a credit card number. I live in Nova Scotia and had it within one week of faxing it off..it came express post. Just be sure to fax it to the proper fax number...there is one for sense of urgency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter