• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

lost a day due to floods

Kat913

Mouseketeer
My goodness-terrible flooding rain today we broke records. Over 13 inches of rain in less than 6 hours in Islip. Was supposed To be sitting by a pool now instead we flood damaged our car then the only place we could fly was baltimore hours later. Now sitting in baltimore with no direct flight to Fl. They are flying us to alabama then on to orlando- won't be there til late so lost a day. :sad1:
Sending pixie dust to anyone else stuck today.

:hug: So sorry, I saw on the news this morning how bad the Southern State was in the Exit 30s range. Hope you get to FL quick and safe and enjoy your trip!!

My goodness-terrible flooding rain today we broke records. Over 13 inches of rain in less than 6 hours in Islip. Was supposed To be sitting by a pool now instead we flood damaged our car then the only place we could fly was baltimore hours later. Now sitting in baltimore with no direct flight to Fl. They are flying us to alabama then on to orlando- won't be there til late so lost a day. :sad1:
Sending pixie dust to anyone else stuck today.

I am sorry to hear about this. I hope that you get to WDW quickly but safely and have a wonderful time on your vacation (even though it will be shorter than you planned).

I just saw a news report about the terrible flooding on Long Island. Looks like you could use some pixie dust; so sorry for you. After this ordeal I hope you have a wonderful vacation.

Sorry the start of your vacation got delayed.

Here on Long Beach Island many places were under water, but nothing too major. Maybe 2 to 3 inches of water in the streets. But still enough for me to decide to take the day off. Everything is clear now.

Enjoy your trip.

Hope this doesn't turn you off the water rides: Small World, POTC, Splash Mtn...hope you get to FL and dry off soon. My brother is in Ronkonkoma and couldn't believe how much rain came down. Good luck with the car.

Have fun eventually!

Linda

Another islander here. We are on the eastern end and had very little rain I think half an inch, not sure how that happen. I have friends that have flooded basements and couldn't get to work. Thank goodness you were able to at least get a flight out even though it wasn't ideal. Enjoy your vacation, sounds like you need it!

We so know how you feel! We had such a terrible snowstorm that they cancelled our flights the night before and Delta booked us a new flight 3 DAYS LATER! Luckily I kept at it and finally two seats were released for the next morning, but our connecting flight got delayed too. Basically 2 days of our vacation down the drain.

I wish you happy, safe and speedy travel!

pixiedust: pixie dust and best wishes! What a tough way to start a holiday. I hope you get to the world soon, and that you're able to fully enjoy your trip.

Thanks everyone! Finally arrived at our hotel 18 hours after we left the house (& 3 planes later ) glad it was universal that was cut short & nruot the disney end of the trip ;)
We plan on starting fresh tomorrowu. At least we made it here!

Have a wonderful trip!

That was some storm, wasn't it?? A neighbor's daughter lost her car, though reportedly it will be covered by her Comprehensive Auto insurance.

From what Newsday is saying, at least the local authorities worked well together to rescue all the stranded... they learned a lot from Sandy. I know we got a voicemail or text or something on my husband's phone at about 4:30 am telling us of the flooding.

Sorry to hear that, but at least you will still make it to Disney!

A friend of mine just put their boat in the water at the Jersey shore on Sunday (a little late in the season lol) and it SANK with all of the rain! Turned out the pump wasn't working and the boat just filled with water. Some of the stories I've heard from that storm are worse than Sandy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter