Losing weight the healthy way

craps7or11

Mouseketeer
Well it is almost 2007 and I am really serious about losing weight. I went to the gym today for the first time in a long time and was it a shocker when you see yourself in a full length mirror with gym clothes on. Not a pretty sight!:crazy: I would sensibly like to lose at least 30 pounds before the start of the summer. So that gives me 5 full months or 20 weeks to achieve this. I don't think that is out of line, at least I hope it is not. I may be singing a different tune once I am full swing into this! I am thinking of joining weight watchers. Maybe right after the new year when they have free registration. Until then, I am trying to exercise and eat semi-healthy, with the holidays and all it may be kind of hard.......Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :goodvibes

I am down 6.5 pounds since Monday. I know it is all water weight but I will take it. I feel better already. I saw clips of the finale from the Biggest Loser and I felt so motivated by these people. What an accomplishment. I only hope I can be a quarter as successful. Happy Weekend.

I'm still going strong. No exercise this week because I have been too busy. I am hoping after the holidays I can get on a routine of going to exercise. At least the food has been in check. Have a nice Sunday. :cool1:

Hi there and WELCOME to the WISH journals! Sounds like you're doing GREAT so far! :thumbsup2 Keep up the great work. I commend you for starting before the holidays & new year. I know a lot of us use the excuse that we'll just wait until the holidays are over....but you're doing it already!! That 6.5 pound loss is a wonderful start!

Keep us posted, and feel free to read other people's journals. There are a lot of inspiring and encouraging people around here! :wave:

I was so bad over the holiday that I feel sick.popcorn:: That is me eating everything in sight. Today is a new day and I am doing well today. One day at a time, right?

Back down 4 pounds since last Wednesday. Today I almost slipped big time. Thank goodness all the "fast food" places I wanted to go eat at were closed. Tomorrow I will try to get a work out in. One day at a time.....

Hey there! Happy New Year! :cheer2:

Congrats on getting back on track. The holidays are extremely hard, and I'm proud of you for jumping right back on the wagon!

Just try to remember...all those fast food places will still be there when you get all skinny! That's what got me through last year when I had so much to loose. This year - it's the same thing for me. Gotta get off those extra pounds I let slip back on - so no more fast food for now (not forever).

Take care...and keep on posting!

Happy, Healthy New Year! And Welcome to WISH!!!

Hope things are going well for you!

Down 2.3 more pounds. I have been eating pretty good and really watching what I put in my mouth. Boy sometimes it is hard though, or really most times it is!!! I just got a mailing from weight watchers for free registration that I may do. They must have been reading my mind since I didn't ask for this to appear in my mailbox!!

Congrats on your loss! You're really doing GREAT!

Can I ask....what is your first name? I really like being able to put a name with a person, if you don't mind. If not..that's ok. I'm still here for ya! :goodvibes

Keep up the great work- you and I are going along at about the same pace. I would like to lose about 30 lbs. and lost about 8 since 12/26. I am a biggest loser fan as well. When I feel like I can't keep going in my workouts I think about Eric and how he kept going or having Bob in my face telling me to do more- It has worked! LOL! What are your workout goals for today?
Linda

I jumped on the scale yesterday and it read down 2.3 more pounds. I got off and got back on, and it still said 2.3 pounds down. I did that one more time just to make sure, I know STUPID of me, and it went back up and said I lost nothing. Do you want to guess how many more times I jumped on and off and the darn thing wouldn't move? Oh well, it was nice while it lasted!!! LOL

Has anyone else had that problem with a weight watchers scale? Anyhow, my clothes are starting to fit better and I took out my tapemeasure and it actually said I was an inch less in my hips. I didn't remeasure as I had just learned my lesson!:rotfl:

No real exercise plans for today as I am relaxing with the kids. I did one load of laundry and vacummed the first floor of my house so that should count for something, right?

I have the finale of Biggest Loser on DVR so whenever I need a boost I will watch it. I loved Bob saying to Eric "I'm saving your life." I just love that show. It is so inspiring! Kai however was a little too cocky for my liking.

Yeah not thrilled with Kai either but they are all inspiring- I would love to go to the ranch! Thanks for the encouragement on my post, I also get on and off the scale 3 times to make sure it is right- Oh well I do feel better so something is happenening.
Linda

down .4 this morning. I know it isn't much, but it is something.

I went and exercised today. The good news is I made it there. The bad news is I am already sore. I better take some Motrin after I eat lunch. Eating is going good, really good actually. Why is losing so slow?

You're down almost 8 pounds in 4 weeks. I think that's really good! :thumbsup2

Are you drinking enough water? My nutritionist said it should be at least 64 ounces but no more than 1/2 your body weight in ounces.

What else do you drink during the day? I know sugary drinks can slow down the losing process.

But don't be discouraged - you're doing GREAT so far.

Actually I had gained some back, so I am really down 6.7 pounds in 12 days, but whose counting?;) I do have to increase my water intake that is for sure. I mainly drink Diet Rite, which is a bad habit, but one of my only bad habits left!!

Actually I had gained some back, so I am really down 6.7 pounds in 12 days, but whose counting?;)

You're right. I'm sorry. :goodvibes You're seriously doing great. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Slow and steady is the way to go!:thumbsup2

I had a relapse this last week but I am still down 3 pounds overall. I am soooo bloated from all the salt, not enough water. So anyhow, I found all my old weight watchers books and I am going to give this the old college try. I really do think it is the healthiest way. I have done atkins and I just really don't like meat all that much so it is kind of gross to me. Plus I really like bread. Little portions, slow and steady wins the race right? I didn't gain all this weight overnight so I shouldn't expect to lose it overnight is what I keep telling myself. I am going to really try with the water as well. I have been terrible about drinking water for the last few months and I really like water. I am going to go exercise tomorrow as I have to clean my house today. That counts for some exercise I think!

Keep thinking positive! I have to tell myself that too! In the last three days I have read 2 of Bob Greene's books (Oprah's trainer) and I will tell you he is great. He lays it all out there and how to change your eating, thinking and exercising! I am a fan. Check them out. I got them at thre library and he has a new one he talked about on the show today(not in the library yet). I have my name in for it.
Housework is good but I really don't think it raises your heartrate up enough to count. Maybe blood pressure sometimes- LOL!
Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter