• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

losing weight on the way to Mickey!

Great idea Amy to do some measurements in addition to weight. Sometimes the weight does seem to be not moving and yet the inches are moving.

Each day my steps are getting better and better on my fitbit, yesterday I just made it over 4,000 steps, today I am already over 5,000 and there is still time enough left to do some more walking. I do not do it all at once, I do 10-25 minutes at a time, then go back for more later in the day. All at home right now.

I would like to join in too. I am 63, 5' 1", and 140 lbs. My goal is to lose 20lbs. before our May trip to Disney. We will be celebrating our 45th anniversary then. My husband tries hard to help me but I know I have to do it for myself. I had surgery a few days ago and have been drinking 64 oz. of water each day since then. I plan to continue doing that and eating healthier and smaller portions. I also plan to walk for exercise. I hope by posting here I will be more accountable. Here is wishing everyone great success!

Great idea Amy to do some measurements in addition to weight. Sometimes the weight does seem to be not moving and yet the inches are moving.

Each day my steps are getting better and better on my fitbit, yesterday I just made it over 4,000 steps, today I am already over 5,000 and there is still time enough left to do some more walking. I do not do it all at once, I do 10-25 minutes at a time, then go back for more later in the day. All at home right now.
I always suggest a photo too, you would be amazed how sometimes people lose 5 #s and they are discouraged, but look at a photo front and side and can SEE the difference!
tonya

Yes, Tonya, I have a Jawbone Up24. I feel it's pretty accurate, but if I'm pushing a cart at the store, it doesn't count steps properly. It also monitors sleep, and you can sync it with MFP. There is a newer version that counts heart rate.

Can I join in? I am really trying to lose weight and would love the motivation and support!

Current weight: 185 lbs.
Goal weight: 130 lbs.
Goal weight by May 23rd Disney trip: 165 lbs.
Height: 5 ft. 4

I have three kids, work from home, and homeschool so my biggest challenge is going to be fitting exercise in time-wise because I'm always short on time! I'm really hoping by my Disney trip I can have look MUCH healthier than I do now!

I would like to give a great review for the myfitnesspal app! I have been using it for 3 weeks and it is just as good as weight watchers. I used to pay for that this is free. I put in how much i want to loose, it gives me a calorie goal and you can keep track of your weight progress. My favorite part is the breakdown of fat/carbs/sugar with goals and after each food you enter you can see how many grams you have left for the day. Also at the end of the day you submit you journal and it will tell you if you keep eating that many calories in 5 weeks you will weigh ___. It also syncs up to my iwatch and adds exercise points from my steps.

:wave: Hi! Let me introduce myself; I'm Jessica and I am 30yr old mom of two daughters. DD2 is about to be 10 months old and I need to get this baby weight off! I have 15lbs of baby weight to lose and then I would like to lose another 10-15 after that. Our Disney trip isn't for another year, so I think my goal of 25-30lbs is doable.

My first goal is to lose 15lbs by July for the cruise we are going on and then the second goal would be to lose another 10-15 by Disney next March.

I plan to start the first week in February. I have a fitbit that wil help me keep up with steps and I will be using a mix of 21day fix and Cize along with clean eating and portion control.

Everyone seems to have some great plans in place. Again I am wishing everyone the best with their new healthy lifestyle. Our group is growing very quickly I have noticed and I will find it hard to keep up with everyone.

Here it is late afternoon and I am over 6000 steps on my fitbit, so I know I will not have any trouble going over my number for yesterday. My final number for yesterday was in the neighborhood of 6500. My goal was to go over 5000, so I am happy with that number as I am working up to 10,000 once there I want to do that number everyday. I count myself lucky that I am retired and have all day, most days to work on getting those steps in. Not sure I would have when my kids were little, then again, I did do an awful lot of chasing around after them.

So, how is your day going????

:wave2:

I'd love to hear from anyone that has gone from a bmi over 30 to running...I want to but not sure if I can do that...as a kid I was not athletic at all....I lost 80 pounds 10 years ago and then had 3 kids....so I'm doing this for my health so I don't go there again....last time I did WW...but I was 2 pounds short of lifetime so im logging in MFP cause I know tracking is a necessity for me...I can have anything I want to eat as long as I keep track of it.;)
Google C25K Couch to 5k-- it eases you into running with combinations of walking and jogging. It's set up as a nine week program, but you repeat days or weeks as needed. I've done it several times over the years and my best effort (combined with weight watchers) helped me lose 75 lbs and build up to running 4-6 miles at a time. I enjoy running although the more I weigh the less enjoyable it is, but it helps get me in shape!

Can I join in? I am really trying to lose weight and would love the motivation and support!

Current weight: 185 lbs.
Goal weight: 130 lbs.
Goal weight by May 23rd Disney trip: 165 lbs.
Height: 5 ft. 4

I have three kids, work from home, and homeschool so my biggest challenge is going to be fitting exercise in time-wise because I'm always short on time! I'm really hoping by my Disney trip I can have look MUCH healthier than I do now!

Just a bit of encouragement, you are almost exactly where I was when I started trying to get healthy. I was 183 lbs and 5'4" about a year ago. Lots of walking and healthy food choices got me to 144 lbs. I also wanted to get to 130, but I don't know if I can. I'm sure gonna try!!

Well... I finished logging in for today....im 445 cal under.... Has anyone had slower wt loss if they go too low on their cal intake? I take my lunch to work so I do well during the day...evenings can sometimes be tempting though...mainly cause DH usually cooks dinner. This weekend I'm going to make some homemade soups and a pot roast, maybe no kneed bread....I cook on the weekend so we run out of leftovers by Thursday....I like fresher food but dh goes for ease of prep on him.

Google C25K Couch to 5k-- it eases you into running with combinations of walking and jogging. It's set up as a nine week program, but you repeat days or weeks as needed. I've done it several times over the years and my best effort (combined with weight watchers) helped me lose 75 lbs and build up to running 4-6 miles at a time. I enjoy running although the more I weigh the less enjoyable it is, but it helps get me in shape!

Thanks...I saw that and im just not sure if my knees can take the impact until I lose some more wt first...im wondering if I need to go to under 200 lbs first.....so far I've done spin, elliptical, and circuit s w/ wts.

I struggled a bit with drinking all the water today but still came close. I did eat smaller portions at each meal, but also ate two homemade cookies. I am a meat and potatoes person but I am going to try hard to limit those foods. Tonight I realized how large my portion was and left 1/2 on my plate. I am also trying to budget and use what is on hand so I need to be extra diligent about eating less. It is really cold and snowy here now so I can't walk yet.

I'm Amber. I've got a trip planned for May. I started dieting about 6 weeks ago. I have lost 22 lbs and still have quite a bit to go. I've been eating low carbs but also counting calories. Not doing any exercise at this point due to a tail bone injury. .

Just a bit of encouragement, you are almost exactly where I was when I started trying to get healthy. I was 183 lbs and 5'4" about a year ago. Lots of walking and healthy food choices got me to 144 lbs. I also wanted to get to 130, but I don't know if I can. I'm sure gonna try!!
Thank you so much! That is such an encouragement! I have been trying to lose weight for a long time, and I always used to be thin, but am having a super tough time of it right now. I am hoping we can all encourage each other a lot on here! When are you going to Disney?

Thank you so much! That is such an encouragement! I have been trying to lose weight for a long time, and I always used to be thin, but am having a super tough time of it right now. I am hoping we can all encourage each other a lot on here! When are you going to Disney?

We are going at the end of April. Not much time to lose, but I'm back down 3 lbs in two weeks.

I would like to give a great review for the myfitnesspal app! I have been using it for 3 weeks and it is just as good as weight watchers. I used to pay for that this is free. I put in how much i want to loose, it gives me a calorie goal and you can keep track of your weight progress. My favorite part is the breakdown of fat/carbs/sugar with goals and after each food you enter you can see how many grams you have left for the day. Also at the end of the day you submit you journal and it will tell you if you keep eating that many calories in 5 weeks you will weigh ___. It also syncs up to my iwatch and adds exercise points from my steps.

I too love the myfitnesspal app. So far have had a good week except now I am getting a cold. This always happens on week 3 whenever I try to stick with an exercise program. I need to push through it and keep going. I am training for my first 1/2 marathon in April so I have to get my miles in. I see there are several of us at are 5'4" with a goal weight of 130. I started at 240 and I am currently at 232. As you can see I have a long way to go (over 100 pounds)! I am 39 and I will be at my goal weight by the time I turn 40 next year. I have 3 kids and work full-time and that used to be my excuse. Well now my kids and husband are my biggest supporters. If I don't feel like exercising my kids will do it with me. I also have a great support system at work. I have been trying to lose weight for years on my own and I have come to realize I can't. I need support. So I am very thankful for this thread because I can never have too much support to help me along with this journey.

Keep up the great work everyone! It's so nice to have support.
How did you all decide on your goal weight? Mine is 140 pounds, which is at the higher end of "healthy weight" for my height. I'd like to weigh less than that, but I figured this was a more attainable goal for now. How did you choose your goal?

I set my goal at 120 because I feel that to be a sensible weight for my age. I am 63. I want to feel better about myself. I love pretty clothes but right now all I have that fits is black knit pants and t shirts. I want to go real shopping, not just window shopping. :)

How's everyone's saturday going? It's cold here but not freezing...my deep south self (so alabama) couldnt bring it outside so I went to the gym today and got in 30 on the elliptical....I admit im a wimp with cold weather.
I too love the myfitnesspal app. So far have had a good week except now I am getting a cold. This always happens on week 3 whenever I try to stick with an exercise program. I need to push through it and keep going. I am training for my first 1/2 marathon in April so I have to get my miles in. I see there are several of us at are 5'4" with a goal weight of 130. I started at 240 and I am currently at 232. As you can see I have a long way to go (over 100 pounds)! I am 39 and I will be at my goal weight by the time I turn 40 next year. I have 3 kids and work full-time

I can't wait to watch your progress with the half training....please post regular updates.... I want to do C25K...but I'm not sure about my joints.... thinking if I lose 20 with low impact then if im injury free I may start C25K in mid March....I can do miles looping the baseball field while DS is practicing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter