losing weight on the way to Mickey!

So happy to have found this thread!

We go to Disney every other year and I always tell myself next trip I am going to be in the body I want. Well that next trip is this August and the time is now! I have a fifteen year old daughter who just reached my height and I had to take her for a sick visit to the doctor in February. Discovered she was 45 pounds less than I and I said that is it! Since we had a trip planned to Ireland I late March I did not start then but worked on figuring out my plan. When we returned from Ireland the plan was to start the following Monday and luckily for me most of the people on our trip ( we went with 14 couples) had the same plans. A Facebook group was formed and we are tracking percent of weight lost, water drunk and exercise done every few days on a google spreadsheet. This has been the perfect accountability for me. Since we started last Monday I have lost 5 pounds and have hit my water goal everyday and my exercise every day but one.

Would love to join in with you! While the other group is great accountability it is mostly " just the facts" and as we all know each other there is not much real discussion about the other side of weight loss....the emotional, personal side.

Here is my snapshot:

Goal: 45 pounds (possibly more, will see when I get there)
Method: eliminated wheat from my diet, exercise daily, 64 Oz minimum water per day
Disney trip: August 2016

Have only read a couple of pages at the beginning but will definitely catch up on this thread as soon as I can.

So happy to have found this thread!

We go to Disney every other year and I always tell myself next trip I am going to be in the body I want. Well that next trip is this August and the time is now! I have a fifteen year old daughter who just reached my height and I had to take her for a sick visit to the doctor in February. Discovered she was 45 pounds less than I and I said that is it! Since we had a trip planned to Ireland I late March I did not start then but worked on figuring out my plan. When we returned from Ireland the plan was to start the following Monday and luckily for me most of the people on our trip ( we went with 14 couples) had the same plans. A Facebook group was formed and we are tracking percent of weight lost, water drunk and exercise done every few days on a google spreadsheet. This has been the perfect accountability for me. Since we started last Monday I have lost 5 pounds and have hit my water goal everyday and my exercise every day but one.

Would love to join in with you! While the other group is great accountability it is mostly " just the facts" and as we all know each other there is not much real discussion about the other side of weight loss....the emotional, personal side.

Here is my snapshot:

Goal: 45 pounds (possibly more, will see when I get there)
Method: eliminated wheat from my diet, exercise daily, 64 Oz minimum water per day
Disney trip: August 2016

Have only read a couple of pages at the beginning but will definitely catch up on this thread as soon as I can.

Welcome!!! You'll be happy with any loss in August, that heat would make me scared! haha I think getting in water is KEY for me too! I'm on a goal to get it all in this week, because I keep falling short.

Just checking in to say hi....my trip is in 40 ish days and I'm still in the 211 range.... I have made progress though slow....definately dont want to be where I started in Jan! Welcome to all the newbies. I started taking my magnesium again....for some reason everytime I walk I have major leg cramps...since im otherwise healthy im gonna try that and see since its helped me in the past...so I can do a more intense workout.

I would like to join in. I had lost 81lbs then gained 20 to 30 back. Battling trying to get under 200. I had done a low cal diet weighing everything and trying to get the most of the calories. I started a new exercise program 3/28 and the director is telling me I have been eating too few calories. This is what I was doing. I would do 1200 per day for 2 weeks, then 1100 for 2 weeks then 1000 for two weeks. I would rotate my calories. Now I am eating between 1200 and 1400. I am eating low sugar and salt, making my own salad dressings. I was worried that I would have huge sugar cravings. Not the case. I am down 21lbs and under 200 now. I feel great and I am struggling just trying to eat 1200 calories per day with the foods I have been eating. I exercise only 2 to 3 days a week. Mostly just 2. I had the doctor do blood work before I started to see where my thyroid was as I have an under active thyroid. I am hoping when I go back in 2 months that I will be within normal range. It may take longer. Keep up the good work everyone!!! YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS BATTLE!!!:wish55:yay:

I would like to join in. I had lost 81lbs then gained 20 to 30 back. Battling trying to get under 200. I had done a low cal diet weighing everything and trying to get the most of the calories. I started a new exercise program 3/28 and the director is telling me I have been eating too few calories. This is what I was doing. I would do 1200 per day for 2 weeks, then 1100 for 2 weeks then 1000 for two weeks. I would rotate my calories. Now I am eating between 1200 and 1400. I am eating low sugar and salt, making my own salad dressings. I was worried that I would have huge sugar cravings. Not the case. I am down 21lbs and under 200 now. I feel great and I am struggling just trying to eat 1200 calories per day with the foods I have been eating. I exercise only 2 to 3 days a week. Mostly just 2. I had the doctor do blood work before I started to see where my thyroid was as I have an under active thyroid. I am hoping when I go back in 2 months that I will be within normal range. It may take longer. Keep up the good work everyone!!! YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS BATTLE!!!:wish55:yay:

Yeah, so glad you got some advice, the recommended low for ANY woman is 1200. You have a basic metabolic rate that your body needs for calories just in order to breath and have your heart and lungs function :) this is a calculation and not arbitrary, but 1200 is a close estimate for the low. When people go below that number for a week or so they will see a good drop in weight because of the deficit, but your body cannot sustain it. After about 3 weeks or so, it will begin to metabolize slower and hold onto fat stores.

So glad you upped the range :) If others need help figuring out the "magic" number feel free to pm me I can try to help you. You should always stay above that number, then when you exercise you can add in those calories burned too.

happy you're hear!

Hey guys! I feel like I hit another milestone today. I've lost 30.2 lbs! I have never lost so much weight! This has truly been a lifestyle change this time around. On diets I drop 10 to 15 lbs and give up! I have 45ish lbs to go! I really hope I can drop most by October for Disney! I'm so tired of looking at all our priceless family pictures and just seeing how fat I am! It makes me so sad! I have never been so determined to change my life! Also my families life. I'm so thankful my husband has been right there beside me doing it also. He lost 25 lbs and hit his goal but he's still trying to improve with more muscle tone. I hope everyone is making progress! Last week was hard because I went up 2 lbs and I was so frustrated but I changed a few things around and its working for me right now. :tigger:

It has been a few weeks since I have checked in. Made my first goal before going to WDW earlier this month. I have been focused on finishing my training over the past few weeks. Tomorrow is the big day, my first 1/2 Marathon. Once I complete my race, I will be working towards my next goal, under 200. If anyone has completed a 1/2 before I would love some encouraging advice.

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks and I am down 8.6 pounds. Slow and steady and I feel confident that I will hit my goal and keep it off as I have been doing more of a lifestyle change than a diet. Due to a family emergency and my daughter's production exercise and sleep were a bit off but those are easy enough to get back on track in this much easier week.

Hope everyone else is still on track and motivated!

Last edited:
I am down 16.8! I am happy but having a bummer day. I feel like my shorts should be getting too big and they aren't. But, if I'm being honest, they barely fit when I started. I just gotta stay positive. I'm still hoping to be down 25 total by DL in 5 weeks.

I am down 16.8! I am happy but having a bummer day. I feel like my shorts should be getting too big and they aren't. But, if I'm being honest, they barely fit when I started. I just gotta stay positive. I'm still hoping to be down 25 total by DL in 5 weeks.
I know how you feel as my expectation of where I will be smaller as the pounds come off doesn't match the reality. However no matter what Iput on there is no struggle with buttons etc....everything fits and some clothes are starting to get baggy. Keep doing what you are doing and before you know it everything will be too big!

I know how you feel as my expectation of where I will be smaller as the pounds come off doesn't match the reality. However no matter what Iput on there is no struggle with buttons etc....everything fits and some clothes are starting to get baggy. Keep doing what you are doing and before you know it everything will be too big!
Thanks! It was tough to stay on track this week with Teacher Appreciation going on. But- I know I made WAY better choices than I would have last year- even if they weren't the best choices. I was dreading weighing in this morning- and I was down 0.6. I'll take it!

way to go everyone. I've been slowly plugging away too, got back on the treadmill and now I'm able to run longer. down only 2 pounds, but eating clean and feeling good. I expect this week for it to finally show up :)

Hi everyone! I leave sat for wdw and I weighed in at 207 this am.. So 20 lbs since Jan...Im still exercising and softball season is finally over....so even after my trip I will be back to check in!

I am wanting to get onboard, but I am a yo-yo'er. I lost 60 pounds in 2013 by counting calories and doing mild exercise. I slowly gained 40 pounds of it back and now want to lose 75. Every time I start, I fail, ugh. I can't do high-impact exercise anymore because of damage to both feet.

Hello! We're going in November and My goal is to fit into my size 12 dresses I bought for the occasion! I'm a 16 right now at 238 pounds. I've been using my fitness pal and doing the bikini body mommy workouts (On Day 10!!!) I know 2 dress sizes is a lot, but I know I can do it!

Hi everyone! I'm so happy to be here! Last year we went to Disney and my feet were so swollen and blistered I had to rent a scooter by the 4th day, unless I wanted to stay behind at the hotel. I just couldn't walk any more. That was a turning point for me...I vowed I would get my health under control before I returned to Disney! Fast forward one year... My dad has called and surprised us with a trip in just SIX short weeks! :hourglass I am ecstatic to report that I have lost 68 lbs in the last year!!! I'm so glad I didn't wait. Of course, I want to work hard to make sure I'm even more ready for the Mouse in July, so I'm rearing to go!

Goal: 199 lbs.
Current weight: 220 lbs.
Method: High protein, very low carb, low fat diet, exercise minimum 3x per week & drink 80 oz water per day.

Good luck everyone! We can do this!!!

I'd love to jump in as well. I lost 53lbs last year from doing Insanity. Towards the end of the 62 day period, I got very sick and was hospitalized for two weeks. I lost a TON of weight because I was very weak and physically unable to eat. After being discharged, I had trouble getting back into the groove of things, and here I find myself a year later at the same weight I promised myself I would never reach again. If I did it before, I know I can do it again. The majority of the struggle is all mental. Hopefully a strong support system will get me motivated.

I would like to go down 4 dress sizes by the end of August. I don't focus so much on the number on the scale anymore. I measure my progress by inches lost.

I'd love to jump in as well. I lost 53lbs last year from doing Insanity. Towards the end of the 62 day period, I got very sick and was hospitalized for two weeks. I lost a TON of weight because I was very weak and physically unable to eat. After being discharged, I had trouble getting back into the groove of things, and here I find myself a year later at the same weight I promised myself I would never reach again. If I did it before, I know I can do it again. The majority of the struggle is all mental. Hopefully a strong support system will get me motivated.

I would like to go down 4 dress sizes by the end of August. I don't focus so much on the number on the scale anymore. I measure my progress by inches lost.
You can ABSOLUTELY do it again! One day at a time. :thumbsup2

Jumping in. I have a vitamin deficiency that is finally getting worked out so I haven't been able to exercise since October of last year. I'm working my way back up to walking and going to start the 21 day fix food plan and do 10-20 min a day of exercise. My Disney trip is in just over two weeks so I'm not hoping for a ton of weight gone. Would like 10lbs. gone by then. Junk food is my weakness so just the food change should be helpful. I was eating 3000+ calories a day!! Once I started monitoring my food intake I went from 205lbs to 196lbs in just over a week. Actually eating healthy food should make an even bigger difference.
Also we have another Disney trip planned for May next year for my oldest's senior trip. The goal for that trip is down to 135lbs.

Pretty sure I'm rambling so:

Current weight: 196lbs
Goal weight #1: 186lbs by 6/18/16 (This year's Disney trip)

Goal weight #2: 166lbs by 8/9/16 (my 19th wedding anniversary)

Goal weight #3: 135lbs by 5/25/17 (Senior Disney trip)

Start with 21 Day Fix program.

I was at 207 on Sunday. I am going to see if I can weigh on Sat before my trip to DL. My goal was 205 for the trip. It is going to be close- but either way, I am happy to be over 20 lbs down from where I started in Feb. New goal is 195 by August 7- the Sunday before my son's first day of Kindergarten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter