Losing weight on a cruise....

lavawalker

DVC Member!
I was looking through my DCL Passporter book last night and came across some info about a class the Vista Spa offers on losing weight while cruising... seriously? :lmao: People lose weight on a cruise? I'm a Weight Watcher person, and I'm pretty sure it won't happen here!

I was looking through my DCL Passporter book last night and came across some info about a class the Vista Spa offers on losing weight while cruising... seriously? :lmao: People lose weight on a cruise? I'm a Weight Watcher person, and I'm pretty sure it won't happen here!

A cruise is not the time to loose weight, just the time to ensure you do not put too much on.

You should enjoy your vacation, but 'control' a bit of any excesses.

well i have gained at least 10 pounds on the three disney cruises i have been on.
7 night - 10 pounds
14 night 13 pounds
15 night - 10 pounds

my dad has been on three cruises and every cruise he has lost weight on three differnt cruise lines celebrity,disney,carnival without trying to lose weight. he somewhat of a picky eater

well i have gained at least 10 pounds on the three disney cruises i have been on.
7 night - 10 pounds
14 night 13 pounds
15 night - 10 pounds

my dad has been on three cruises and every cruise he has lost weight on three differnt cruise lines celebrity,disney,carnival without trying to lose weight. he somewhat of a picky eater

So you were 'good' on the 15 night.:)

DD16 somehow managed to lose about 5 pounds on our back-to-back 7-day sailings last December...and that was with our server bringing her every dessert every night. I don't know how she did it, and it certainly isn't anything I've experienced, but she was thrilled!

I'm a WW person, too (57 lbs and counting) and succeeded in maintaining my loss through our 7 day cruise and 3 days at WDW without counting points. I just took the stairs everywhere, went jogging twice and ate oatmeal for breakfast! I ate several of my lunches at Goofy's and ate what I wanted for dinnner, including dessert. :thumbsup2

Had a great time! The trouble was AFTER the cruise when I had gotten out of the habit of counting points and such. The week after was deadly. Took me a few weeks to get back on track! :rotfl:

Karen :cloud9:

I'm a WW person, too (57 lbs and counting) and succeeded in maintaining my loss through our 7 day cruise and 3 days at WDW without counting points. I just took the stairs everywhere, went jogging twice and ate oatmeal for breakfast! I ate several of my lunches at Goofy's and ate what I wanted for dinnner, including dessert. :thumbsup2

Had a great time! The trouble was AFTER the cruise when I had gotten out of the habit of counting points and such. The week after was deadly. Took me a few weeks to get back on track! :rotfl:

Karen :cloud9:

Yes I do agree walking the stairs or around ship helps, its not the time to think of a diet, but people who exercises before the cruise have a high metabolism and will burn it off better than those who do not regularly exercises.

Yes I do agree walking the stairs or around ship helps, its not the time to think of a diet, but people who exercises before the cruise have a high metabolism and will burn it off better than those who do not regularly exercises.

It is not time to think about diet , i agrree!! you have the other 50 weeks of the year to do that!

I used to be fat for ten years, Then I lost wt, even if you gain wt, it takes a week or to gain it, it takes a week or 2 to loose it!

P.S I done the stairs, the spinning, the yoga,the gym, deck 4x 20 laps a morning and I still gained 5lbs! but hey ho, I lost it again in 2 weeks.

How in the world can one lose weight on a cruise? It may only have been 5 pounds but I gained!!!!

It is not time to think about diet , i agrree!! you have the other 50 weeks of the year to do that!

I used to be fat for ten years, Then I lost wt, even if you gain wt, it takes a week or to gain it, it takes a week or 2 to loose it!

P.S I done the stairs, the spinning, the yoga,the gym, deck 4x 20 laps a morning and I still gained 5lbs! but hey ho, I lost it again in 2 weeks.

Agree:thumbsup2

How in the world can one lose weight on a cruise? It may only have been 5 pounds but I gained!!!!

Agree!

DH and I ate EVERYTHING we wanted, but we always took the stairs (we were on Deck 2) and we lost weight, and came home more fit than when we left!

I've lost weight on a couple of my cruises. I attribute it to:

More movement:I have a very sedentary lifestile (desk job, long hours) so just walking the ship and doing some excursions really helped. I didn't do any regimented kind of exercising, but swam a few laps every day in the adult pool and strolled deck 4 after a few dinners.

Food quality: yes, there is the opportunity to live on chicken strips and french fries, but all that fresh fruit was calling my name! Portion sizes were also more modest compared to what you usually get at American restaurants. Granted, you could ask for more, but I was always satisfied at each meal.

Good news - I did not gain any weight on the cruise :goodvibes

Bad news - I realized I ate less than when I am on travel :mad:

No wonder I am overweight.

As someone said, the portion sizes are much smaller than a typical restaurant so unless you order two entrees or desserts you will be fine. Take the stairs and walk to the Southernmost point in Key West :thumbsup2

It is very nice to workout in the morning overlooking the bow of the ship. I thought that was cool.

Only other thing is watch the fruity drinks. I tried to limit the pina coladas. Three or four a day is your full allotment of calories without eating anything :scared1:

Hmmm... I lost about 5 on our 7-day by being an insomniac. Since everyone else was asleep, I would wander the ship until around 3 in the morning or so. I would wander aimlessly some, but do at least 12 laps a night around deck 4. I was the fat guy in the corner eating desserts and getting bits of other entrees with mine just because I could.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I've lost weight on a couple of my cruises. I attribute it to:

More movement:I have a very sedentary lifestile (desk job, long hours) so just walking the ship and doing some excursions really helped. I didn't do any regimented kind of exercising, but swam a few laps every day in the adult pool and strolled deck 4 after a few dinners.

Food quality: yes, there is the opportunity to live on chicken strips and french fries, but all that fresh fruit was calling my name! Portion sizes were also more modest compared to what you usually get at American restaurants. Granted, you could ask for more, but I was always satisfied at each meal.

Yup...Jackie and I were on the same 14 nighter in May... I didn't gain anything.... I ate well because there was lots of choice. I didn't eat in between cause I had enough at the meals... I think those who gain alot drink most of theirs... which is ok... just as long as you know that's why and either plan for it or start to watch when you get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter