Losing weight for WDW!

I am in! I set a goal to lose 30 lbs before our Aug trip ... and I have lost 15 so far ... also on WW!
As well - I joined curves. i truly hate exercise .... but actually kinda enjoy curves. it takes only 1/2 hour total!

Here is one of my best ww tips ..... home made chips!!

spray a ww tortilla (or 2 ... or 5 ... only 1 point each!) w/ pam - sprinkle w/ favorite seasoning (I like garlic plus). Cut into wedges and put in oven for about 7 minutes or untill browning. you can use the broiler the last minute for super crisp. they are crunchy, salty, and a ton for few points. Often I will useno seasoning (or spray) at all and eat w/ salsa (free!). Add a salad and you have lunch!
(make w/ cinnamon sugar for a great desert!)

I am in! I set a goal to lose 30 lbs before our Aug trip ... and I have lost 15 so far ... also on WW!
As well - I joined curves. i truly hate exercise .... but actually kinda enjoy curves. it takes only 1/2 hour total!

Here is one of my best ww tips ..... home made chips!!

spray a ww tortilla (or 2 ... or 5 ... only 1 point each!) w/ pam - sprinkle w/ favorite seasoning (I like garlic plus). Cut into wedges and put in oven for about 7 minutes or untill browning. you can use the broiler the last minute for super crisp. they are crunchy, salty, and a ton for few points. Often I will useno seasoning (or spray) at all and eat w/ salsa (free!). Add a salad and you have lunch!
(make w/ cinnamon sugar for a great desert!)

YUMMMMMMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds good!

I would like the opportunity to join this here friendly thread too! We are going in October...and I would like to lose a bit of weight beforehand (well more than a bit, but I am a patient person! LOL!)

We went last October, and I was so excited to have lost 40lbs before our trip! However, sadly enough I gained most of it back...........

So please consider me amongst your group of skinny-to-be friends!!

I would like the opportunity to join this here friendly thread too! We are going in October...and I would like to lose a bit of weight beforehand (well more than a bit, but I am a patient person! LOL!)

We went last October, and I was so excited to have lost 40lbs before our trip! However, sadly enough I gained most of it back...........

So please consider me amongst your group of skinny-to-be friends!!

That's awesome you lost 40 lbs before a trip. Keeping it off is hard!!

I wish I were a patient person. That would make life much easier.
But, woo hoo! I lost 1.5 lbs this week :)

Keeping it off is certainly hard work isnt it?

Well I have been off the wagon since Thursday of last week :rolleyes1
But im back on track now - I gained 2 lbs :mad: wow isnt it sooooo easy to put it back on only a few days, but it will take me all week to take it off :rotfl:

Well I am determined to get back on track, I just wish we had better weather here in the GTA, it soo darn cold

How is everyone else doing?

Good morning,

Just reading through the thread. Great to see so many supporters out there for losing weight for a trip to see the mouse. I too am heading south, the fam and I are heading down at the end of July.

I'm also in the same boat, trying to shed a few pounds and get in good walking shape (10mi/day at WDW is the average). I have a fair bit to loose in total some where near the 40/50lb mark, but for now I will focus on the first 15 by the trip.

My efforts consist of basically making sure to burn more calories than I take in each and every day. Obviously if I can focus on eating healthier that would be a bonus, but I do enjoy my beer occasionally. If I have something more than expected I just realize that I have to do something to burn off that additional. It really does make you think twice about having that extra burger or slice of pie when you figure out just how far/long you'll have to walk to even it out. LOL.

Cheers and good luck to y'all.

where are all of my buddies?????????? :dance3::grouphug::dance3::grouphug:

I'm here...it's been so nice here this weekend we've been outside.:cloud9: I tried so hard to be good, but summer makes it hard:confused: We had 2 BBQ's this weekend and I didn't take seconds of anything....but I did have a Dilly Bar from Dairy Queen for dessert;) I figure it's ice milk not ice cream right:confused3

40lbs in 4 months? Is it doable? I'll let you know because I'm sure as heck gonna try!!!

We sail on the Disney Magic Western Caribbean cruise on October 17th and I hope to be at least 25lbs lighter by then. I recently (last week) joined weight watchers and agree, the meetings help. They are a great support and an awesome source for tips and sharing of low point food ideas.

I wish everyone luck with their journey to a healthy lifestyle. :flower3:

I'm still here and still working out ... but it's been really busy at work.
I'm slowly losing weight - like half a pound per week.
I was at the gym last night (to pay for my personal training sessions) and I was chatting to the gym owner. He asked how it's going and I was pretty honest. I said that I'm enjoying it and I feel different, but I'm not losing pounds like I would like.
And then I said "well, I have confidence in my trainer."
His comment back? "But, do you have confidence in you?"
It was such an interesting comment, because as much as I want this, I keep thinking it is so hard, etc etc. So I guess I have to believe in it more.

Anyway ...
On Thursday I'm running a 5 k race! Wish me luck. I haven't run 5k since before I was pregnant with my now 15 month old. I'm totally nervous, but confident. And kind of excited :)

How is everyone is doing?

Not so great for me....should be at the gym right now but this week had been CRAZY BUSY! I haven't lost (or gained) anything in about 3 weeks which is disappointing but I really haven't been too hard at it either. We have 100 days before we go so I have a bit of time but I need to get my butt in gear!!! I've been eating alright but could still do better.

Still here, just super busy with work, kids... life in general.

Still down 26lbs, maybe 1 or 2 more. I only get on the scale about once a week. But I'm down 2 sizes, so that's great.

I'm a terrible sleeper though, and when I don't sleep I feel like crap. No energy, so no motivation.

I just need some fresh air and sunshine to wake me up I think, this office of mine is becoming a dungeon.

Hello! :goodvibes I am still here too, life has been crazy busy and I have not been able to comitt to my fitness program like I wanted to! I know I need to get going...I only have 76 days until my trip. I am on my last 2 days of field placement for my college program, and then I am officially graduated! This has been a long, stressful year, and I am so happy to finally be nearing the end of it all! After field placement is done then I should have more time free. I just joined a program at my gym that is guaranteed to whip my behind in shape over the next eight weeks. It is based off the TV show the biggest loser...they break you into teams and you literally work your behind off. It is Monday/Wed nights from 7-9pm and Friday morning from 6-7 a.m. for 8 weeks starting July 6. I am hoping this is the motivation and push I need to become active and successful again! So....that's my workout plan for the summer :thumbsup2 On off days we are expected to journal and engage in further activity on our own, apparently they are pretty strict about you following the program and really push the whole " don't let your team down" mantra. I don't want to be the one who lets my team down, so I am planning on giving this 100% effort. I will keep you all posted on how it goes!
I am guessing with 11 weeks left I most likely have room to lose about 20lbs maximum.
:flower3: Marie

Hey everyone

Tonight I'm running a 5k. I've been working towards this, but this is the furthest I've run in a couple of years ... and of course it's in a race - with coworkers.
Wish me luck!
Who knows. I think the stress alone will burn off a million calories. I'm nervous.

I too would like to lose some weight before our March 2010 trip. Being a single mother with a 4 year old is so much tougher when you are overweight. My son will be 5 on our next trip, so I'd like to lose a nice chunk by then. Thanks for the chips recipe -- I am definitely going to try that one very soon!

Wishing you all the best at your weight loss goals!

:yay:

Hello all!

Happy Fathers day to any daddies on board!

I have lost about 5 pounds in a month. I am going to try harder next week (actually count calories) and see what that equals in terms of weight. Go about it mathematically, yk?

My DD has decided to become a vegetarian - so is refusing to eat things with gelatin, glycerine and a few other derived from animal food addtitive. Long story short - I am going to be using quite a "whole foods" diet ( no processed food) - it will be interesting to see if staying away from processed foods equals weight loss.

Will check in later!

Kathy

Hello all!

Happy Fathers day to any daddies on board!

I have lost about 5 pounds in a month. I am going to try harder next week (actually count calories) and see what that equals in terms of weight. Go about it mathematically, yk?

My DD has decided to become a vegetarian - so is refusing to eat things with gelatin, glycerine and a few other derived from animal food addtitive. Long story short - I am going to be using quite a "whole foods" diet ( no processed food) - it will be interesting to see if staying away from processed foods equals weight loss.

Will check in later!

Kathy

We were on a really restrictive diet for DS (5) - not vegetarian, but eliminating processed foods, etc.
Two books I really recommend are the Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook (it has amazing recipes that are really healthy) and the Eat Clean Diet. Both offer some great ideas for eliminating stuff from your diet. Though they aren't strictly vegetarian.
I didn't lose a ton of weight when we cut out processed stuff (because I was overeating still) but the difference in our entire family's health was astounding!
Good luck

I am still here - not losing as quickly as hoped - but still losing!! Still enjoying Curves .... for those who keep saying they are going to join a gym but never do (me for the last 3 years!!) give curves a try! I actually kind of like it:upsidedow!
Anyway - found a GREAT new product for anyone on weight watchers ....... they are called Vita tops or Vita Muffins ..... in the frozen breakfast area (of safeways anyway). They are chocolate chocolate chip muffins or muffin tops (there is another flavour too .... but who cares when there is CHOCOLATE!). The are YUMMY and only 1 POINT EACH!!!!!!

They are quite filling - so low in points 'cause they are very high fiber.

CRAZY!!!

Anyway - found a GREAT new product for anyone on weight watchers ....... they are called Vita tops or Vita Muffins ..... in the frozen breakfast area (of safeways anyway). They are chocolate chocolate chip muffins or muffin tops (there is another flavour too .... but who cares when there is CHOCOLATE!). The are YUMMY and only 1 POINT EACH!!!!!!

They are quite filling - so low in points 'cause they are very high fiber.

CRAZY!!!

Those sound great! I wonder if we have them in Toronto???
Congrats to everyone on their constant motivation!!
I had my 10 year wedding anniversary on Friday, and we took the kids for a family getaway to Sherkston Shores:) Had fun spending time with the kiddies but I wish weather had been better :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter