• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Losing weight for trip...Aug. 2011

Everyone is doing so great!! I'm down 31 lbs since February on Weight Watchers. I really need to start excercising but haven't found the motivation yet.

I've stayed the same. Better than gaining! I'm down a total of 5 lbs. I moved my gazelle glider to the computer room so that I can put a movie on and watch it while I work out! Hope it works :D

I finally broke my plateau and dropped 5.5 in one week! That puts me 10 away with about 8 weeks left. :scared1:

Everyone is doing so well! It's great motivation to see others succeed. Not long until I'm strolling down Main Street in a my sundress! :goodvibes

sdmom, your progress is fantastic. Also, I love your ticker title. We had to actively discourage my inlaws for this trip! I feel your pain. :lmao:

I finally broke my plateau and dropped 5.5 in one week! That puts me 10 away with about 8 weeks left. :scared1:

Everyone is doing so well! It's great motivation to see others succeed. Not long until I'm strolling down Main Street in a my sundress! :goodvibes

sdmom, your progress is fantastic. Also, I love your ticker title. We had to actively discourage my inlaws for this trip! I feel your pain. :lmao:

OMG 5.5 in one week - nice! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see the picture of you in the sundress on MS! Only 8 weeks - so cool.

I might even shop for a sundress for the first time ever. :eek:

Holy cow! Congratulations!

Okay for 10 days I went lost and gained the same 2 #:headache:grrrrr
But since Monday I am down 5.4:banana: 14 more pounds and I will have lost 100!!!!

I just saw your post Yeah!!! We both have had great weeks. Lets hope no stalls next week!:thumbsup2

How is everyone doing?
My diet is still going good! It's been 26 days since I've had chips! :scared1: And that was my huge weakness. And I've only had pepsi a handful of times while eating out or at the movies.
I finally started exercising. Took the doggies for an hour long walk yesterday (and tried to jog... omg, I did 2 minutes and nearly dropped!) and spent 20 minutes on my glider today. No weight change, but I feel better in my clothes again!
3 months and 25lbs to go for me!

How is everyone doing?
My diet is still going good! It's been 26 days since I've had chips! :scared1: And that was my huge weakness. And I've only had pepsi a handful of times while eating out or at the movies.
I finally started exercising. Took the doggies for an hour long walk yesterday (and tried to jog... omg, I did 2 minutes and nearly dropped!) and spent 20 minutes on my glider today. No weight change, but I feel better in my clothes again!
3 months and 25lbs to go for me!

Good for you! Its great when the clothes start to fit better.

Well, I stayed the same this week also. I have 4 weeks till Hawaii to lose the last 4 for this goal, (20lbs). This gets me into "normal" BMI, but I could still stand to lose more. I want to spend some time in maintain mode before I hit it again.

Happy summer wishes to all.
:hippie:

I am joining in. I spent about a month straight at the gym before going to Disney last month for our first trip ever. I didn't lose any pounds but my clothes did feel a lot looser and I looked like I had lost weight (got lots of great comments). Well, since returning home, I haven't stepped foot in the gym (and we've been home a month now!) I'm eating HORRIBLY!!! and I really don't want to gain anymore... I'd love to lose around 30 lbs. or so by next May. Ideally, by December would be great! So since I'm on these boards everyday anyways, I guess I can be accountable for myself!

Everyone is doing so great!! I'm down 31 lbs since February on Weight Watchers. I really need to start excercising but haven't found the motivation yet.

Way to go!!!

We're going to DL in Dec 2012. I need to lose weight. So, rather than focus my diet/exercise routine on losing weight (which when I'm not seeing results I get discouraged and jump ship)...I'm challenging myself and seeing if I can "walk" to Disneyland in the next 18 months. It's like 1100 miles from my house to DL. So, if I walk at least 2 miles a day, I should be able to walk to DL and partly back. ;)

Good luck everyone!!

Ugh...I started this thread and got sooo far off track...my Dad was in the hospital and I had no time for anything between work, family, Mom and hospital...but I'm getting back on track now. Better late than never I guess. Going to my second Zumba class tomorrow. Drinking and drinking water today. :) You are all doing so great! Thanks for the inspiration!

Trying to loose 10 more lbs , i've lost 28 so far. Our trip is for late Aug. I 've been power walking for about 80 minutes 4 times a week. I really reccomend Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds exercise dvds. You don't have to be coordinated to them and there very effective!! Like tonight I want to walk but it's so humid so I might do a dvd.:) Good luck everyone!!

Trying to loose 10 more lbs , i've lost 28 so far. Our trip is for late Aug. I 've been power walking for about 80 minutes 4 times a week. I really reccomend Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds exercise dvds. You don't have to be coordinated to them and there very effective!! Like tonight I want to walk but it's so humid so I might do a dvd.:) Good luck everyone!!

My mom has all of those. I get a kick out of them, "walk walk walk walk walk!" but they are a good work out.

With the lack of regular soda, and walking, and walking, and walking.
I am now down to 175. :dance3:, I went out and bought a pair of size 12 jeans....and THEY FIT !!!!! Wooohooo!

OOh, I forgot about those DVDs I have them and love them! We have a few people in our neighboorhood that leave their dogs out unattended so I'm leary of walking sometimes. Thanks for reminding me...also a note to those that don't have them I remember seeing it on Comcast's Fitness portion of On Demand.

With the lack of regular soda, and walking, and walking, and walking.
I am now down to 175. :dance3:, I went out and bought a pair of size 12 jeans....and THEY FIT !!!!! Wooohooo!

Awesome! I'm walking too. I need to give up iced tea...I'll be there the same time as you. I'm about the same weight and size too. Can't wait for my zumba class tomorrow! :)

Way to go everyone!
You guys got me motivated this morning. I was up and at 'em early just to plunk myself on the computer. Now I'm going to get back up and take the dogs for a walk (and try to jog again! hahaha)
Also, despite falling slightly off the wagon last night (had a can of pepsi and a Caramilk ice crem bar. I had a REALLY bad day and needed comfort food!) I am down another pound!

I need to lose about 50 all together but I will take whatever I can before our Christmas isney trip.... Back to Sparkpeople....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter