Losing weight for Mickey

does anyone know what the average person walks a day at WDW? just wondering doing the 60 miles susan G Komen 3 day walk in November and need to know how many more miles to add for my training. Will be at WDW late September. any suggestions would be appreciated.

:confused3

Thank you

I'd like to join in! I need to lose a lot. Not brave enough to post it just yet! Part of the problem is that I can't go to the gym. It's 45 minutes each way and that's just not going to happen. I can't walk around the neighborhood because we live on a dangerous highway. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can get more exercise in the house? I've tried videos but can't seem to stick with it.

Welcome!!! We're so glad you've joined the thread. For me, the only way I lose weight is to get to the gym. It's not super close to where I live either. Inside the house just never works for me. At the gym my favorite thing is the elliptical machine so maybe you could get so something like that for in your house? I love hopping on a machine & watching TV.

I'd like to join in! I need to lose a lot. Not brave enough to post it just yet! Part of the problem is that I can't go to the gym. It's 45 minutes each way and that's just not going to happen. I can't walk around the neighborhood because we live on a dangerous highway. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can get more exercise in the house? I've tried videos but can't seem to stick with it.

Do you have a park nearby? Drive over and park then walk/jog or bike the park. Drive to a less busy neighborhood and park and walk or jog around there. If you have a smartphone you can get an app like livestrong my plate to track food and help with calorie intake and runtastic which will use GPS to track your walks and burned calories and distance etc.
You don't need a gym to lose weight.

I'm joining in! I started a lifestyle change July 31st. We are eating healthier and getting lots of exercise. We weigh in on Sunday evenings and I have lost 7.4 lbs so far!!! I have a long way to go as I'd like to lose about 45 more. I'm hoping to have lost it all by September 2014.

I just started dieting this week with the hope of losing weight before our trip 11/29-12/7. I have a bad knee and back and mobility issues and will have an ecv for the trip. But I know a lot of my medical issues are due to my weight. I need encouragement from all of you. I am trying to do it on my own...fearful of gastric bypass so that is my motivation. I have almost 100 lbs to lose but if I can lose 20-30 before the trip I will be happy. I never gain weight at Disney even though we eat well but being so busy etc helps. I am retired and although I have a part time antique business, I am not able to exercise due to my knee and back. Any help will be appreciated.

I just started dieting this week with the hope of losing weight before our trip 11/29-12/7. I have a bad knee and back and mobility issues and will have an ecv for the trip. But I know a lot of my medical issues are due to my weight. I need encouragement from all of you. I am trying to do it on my own...fearful of gastric bypass so that is my motivation. I have almost 100 lbs to lose but if I can lose 20-30 before the trip I will be happy. I never gain weight at Disney even though we eat well but being so busy etc helps. I am retired and although I have a part time antique business, I am not able to exercise due to my knee and back. Any help will be appreciated.

Welcome! I'm trying to lose 20 by Disney as well & we are going around the same time. I just weighed in a few moments ago & I've lost 3 lbs! :)

Just wanted to jump in here and give some words of encouragement and support!

I've lost 86 pounds, and couldn't feel happier or healthier! You can do it, and it is sooo worth it. I told my husband he'd have to take me to WDW when I got to 50lbs, but that never happened. We have a tentatively scheduled trip for December, and I can't wait. I will actually get IN the pictures this time!! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to jump in here and give some words of encouragement and support!

I've lost 86 pounds, and couldn't feel happier or healthier! You can do it, and it is sooo worth it. I told my husband he'd have to take me to WDW when I got to 50lbs, but that never happened. We have a tentatively scheduled trip for December, and I can't wait. I will actually get IN the pictures this time!! :thumbsup2

How did you do it? Any help I can get. We are going 11/29-12/7 maybe we'll see you there

I am jumping in on this thread too. I want to drop 30 lbs by our X-mad cruise. I'm down about 60 lbs over the past 6 years, but need to get that final 30. I am sure I'll be putting some back on aboard the Dream.

I am joining in here. Its too late for me to lose much before our next trip since we leave on 9/11 but I am returning for New Years this Year and I would really like to have lost 10-15 pounds by then. My overall goal is to lose 70 pounds but I know that will take a long time to accomplish so I am breaking it up into smaller increments. Looking for any suggestions and support.

Hey Ya'll! Jumping on this thread!! We leave for The World in a little over a year, so I have some time. I need to lose; just lose and not look at a number for awhile until I have lost some weight!!

Lookign forward to all the support!

We had spaghetti squash lasagna tonight. It was great and healthy. I would recommend it to everybody!

Our stats are identical. When do you think you are going? We go Sept 27...I'm hoping I have enough will power till then. I pretty much have to cut bread completely out of my diet to loose any weight...my birthday is in July, I don't want cake, just a big loaf of cinnamon bread lol :) I miss my bread!

Sorry just now seen your post! We are going Dec.1-7th so I have a couple months.

I'm joining in! I started a lifestyle change July 31st. We are eating healthier and getting lots of exercise. We weigh in on Sunday evenings and I have lost 7.4 lbs so far!!! I have a long way to go as I'd like to lose about 45 more. I'm hoping to have lost it all by September 2014.

Just an update. I started this with DH on July 30,2013. I have lost 12.5 lbs and he has lost just over 10 so far!
We are losing and hoping to be at our goals by Sept 1, 2014. We are taking our first dcl Oct 1, 2014 with our dd who will be two wks shy of turning four!
I have a total goal of 50 lbs to lose and as of now I'm 25% of the way there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter