Losing weight for Mickey

I'm also dieting Started weight watchers online feb 4. Stopped smoking feb 15 started c25k feb19. I'm down 8lbs and am starting to have more energy. Stats r 5ft 6 187lb. I really like WW I still eat a lot of the same things I did( had 3 pieces of pizza last night, but later my stomach felt funny) but my snacking has changed and I watch my portions. Good luck everyone keep a mental picture of the thin and healthy you in your heads!

Very new to disboards, but I just have to join in. I think the support may help.
Just booked our trip for late May, 2013.
I don't have long, so I don't expect great losses before we go, but I hope to be better prepared for all the walking
Name: Lisa
Beginning weight: 220
Diet: portion control and carb control (especially carbonated drinks)
Excerise: walking both for weight loss and Disney preparation
Disney goal: 200 (figuring a pound plus a little per week weight loss)
Final goal: 150

Glad I found this thread I'm new to the boards but I've decided to jump in!

I'm Kelsey, and we are planning a big family trip for October 2013! We are cruising (non Disney, but still!) first and then a week at the World! We have two boys (4 & 6) and my parents will be joining my husband and I as well! We are SO excited!

A year and a half ago I decided to make a change, I was pushing 194lbs and just hated how I fit (didn't!) into clothes and I was tired of knowing that I was making unhealthy choices. So in a little over six months through portion control and exercise I made it down to 170! I hadn't weighed that little since 2002. I was so happy! I lost motivation to lose more (I need to weigh somewhere around 150-155) and did a pretty good job maintaining. Fast forward to this past holiday season. I just lost my willpower and started to over-eat. My clothes started to feel tight :/ I stepped on the scale and I was back up to 177! I really want to make my goal and figure my trip will be great motivation!

Current weight: 175
1st goal: 160
Overall goal: 150
Diet: making healthy choices and portion control. I am now making fruit/veggie smoothies for one meal and I've been loving that!
Exercise: walking, choosing to be more active.

I'm still losing for our May trip but seem to have plateaued this month which is a bummer. I just finished my first week of p90x, and although I haven't lost anything I can definitely feel the difference in my clothes. Best part was I ordered some size 10 shorts from Victoria's Secret and they fit! I haven't been in a size 10 since college! Final goal I would love to be in a size 8, and lose about 15-20 more lbs., but I am happy with the progress I've made.

5/2012 - 204
2/2013 - 166
Age- 31
height 5'8"
Goal weight 145-150
Goal size 8
Current size 10

Congrats to all those losing weight, it's not always easy, but it is always good!

Hello everyone . . .

Congratulations to those who have lost some weight, or are trying to eat healthy or trying to exercise or all of thee above.

I haven't posted an update since the first of the month. Valentine's Day almost did me in. I had Louisiana Chicken Pasta from the Cheesecake Factory, a huge peanut butter cookie and 3 cupcakes from my favorite bakery and some lemonade that my husband made. And I had the nerve not to exercise after all of that.

On Feb 1st I was 202, here's my update:

Name: Gina
Starting weight (on 11/16/12): 218
Current weight: 198
Disney Trip Goal (August 2013): 160
Final Goal: 145

I'm just realizing that even with all of my crazy eating sessions (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, 2 birthday parties with yummy cake and Valentine's Day) I'm down 20 pounds since November 16th.

I was originally 236 when I gave birth to my last child in May 2011 and lost weight just by breastfeeding. But prayerfully I can keep this going so I can enjoy running around Disney without huffing and puffing like I'm about to die.

Keeping working towards your goal. You can do it! :cheer2:

Its been a while since I posted! I started and then stopped and gained some of my weight back. On January 1st of this year I weighed in at 195.2. I started back and now I am at 178.8. Our Disney trip was pushed up to May this year and I am determined not to go back as big as I was last time! I have pictures posted on my fridge to remind me every day!! I have been making small goals and have been reaching them. My biggest goal was to be in the 170's by Mother's Day weekend (When we leave for Disney.) Well, I have already reached that goal so this weekend I am setting a new goal of being at 170 before we leave. Not really sure how my heart is doing but my Doctor said she will begin to wean me off in a year to see if I can live with out it. So, here's to hoping that the weight loss will help me get off my heart medication!

Update
Starting 238lbs.
Current 178.8 lbs
Short term goal 170 (May 10)
Long term goal 144
lbs lost to date 59.2
Diet: Still healthy eating, fish, chicken and finding recipes from Whole Foods Website and Sparkpeople.com, one cheat meal on the weekend. A lot of water!
Workout 35-60 minutes a day-even when sick. Recumbent bike, elliptical trainer, treadmill, Sparkpeople workouts and fitness ladies workouts.

Hi! I started working out a year after I had my youngest daughter. With heart problems that took Doctor's a year to diagnose I stopped working out. Now that I am on medication that is working and regulating my heart I have been able to start working out again. My family and I are going to Disney Sept/Oct. 2013. As a family we are working out and losing together. So, here are my numbers.

Starting: 238 lbs.
Current: 187.4 lbs
Goal: 144 (healthy for my height)
Inches lost: not sure!
Pounds lost: 50.6 (OMG! So excited about this number!)
Diet: Lots of Fish! I cook every meal except for 1 on the weekend-my cheat meal. And I have finally learned portion control!! :cheer2:
Exercise: Recumbent bike, treadmill, Insanity(2 a week), P90x(1-2 times a week), I usually work out 2x's a day- in the am bike and evening a video.

I understand your pain!! I had to make some changes with the carbs. For breakfast I have scrambled egg whites and turkey, smart ones breakfast, a packet oatmeal,fiber one pancakes/cereal with almond milk. I also switched over to gluten free cereal and I have noticed a difference. It tastes good to me and making the switch I think has helped me. You can also add fruit like grapefruit, oranges, etc. You can also try toast with peanut butter or a protein shake. For lunch if I'm lazy, I'll have a smart ones meal, for snack I have an apple and/almonds, dinner is usually fish and broccoli or chicken salad. If I have carbs it's whole wheat flat bread. If you can check out sparkpeople.com and use that site to input your calories and you can keep up with what you are eating. They also have recipes that my family and I love. I've learned that its more about what you eat and less about the workout. I also use the whole foods website to get recipe ideas from their site. I love their southwestern salad-with Kale, Spinach, Guacamole, corn, tomato, pumpkin seeds, lime juice, oregano, and chili powder. If you want to add some chips to it then try blue chips! When I make it, I keep the mix separate from the lettuce. This way I can use it for a dip with just blue chips or to just store it for later to make another salad. I hope that helps.

I am working hard but its hardly working! It is frustrating but I think it is the carbs that are doing me in. So, anyone on a low carb diet? What do you do for breakfast? I love to just put some cereal in a bowl and be done but the cereal is what gets me in trouble. I can't eat eggs every day so I am looking for more options. Anyone? Anyone? My lunch and snacks are very low carb, usually a fruit smoothie and some sort of protein for lunch and a string cheese and fruit for snack. I need to find new ideas for dinners also but to me that seems a lot easier to find then breakfasts. 80 days until our trip and a lot of weight to lose!

Update:

Starting weight: January 2012-162
Current weight: march 1st 2013-145
Lbs lost-17!

After being diagnosed with PCOS (any of ladies know about it and feel my pain), I have been put on glucophage-after figuring this out my body has finally figured it out!

Goal by June 30th (cruise day)-125

20 pounds in 118 days! 1.25 pounds a week for 17 weeks= 21pounds-fingers crossed

Haven't seen too many posts here lately so I thought I would do a quick update.

Name: Gina
Highest weight: 236
Starting weight (on 11/16/12): 218
Current weight: 192
Disney Trip Goal (August 2013): 160
Final Goal: 145

I have been losing weight slowly but surely. I have fallen off of the wagon, way off of the wagon, got ran over by it but I have been getting back up and back on track and have really seen a difference in how my clothes fit.

My lazy exercise has been getting on my recumbent bike and watching my soap operas (yup still watch Young and the Restless and Bold and the Beautiful) that I tape on the DVR.

I was a size 18 in November and now wear a comfortable size 14 so hopefully I can keep going.

How is everyone else doing?

I've lost currently 26 pounds. Initially I thought 30 pounds would be too much for my size. But I want to hit it now and perhaps lose a little more. I want the best body I've ever had. So starting to work on toning.

Well done to everyone!

I've lost currently 26 pounds. Initially I thought 30 pounds would be too much for my size. But I want to hit it now and perhaps lose a little more. I want the best body I've ever had. So starting to work on toning.

Well done to everyone!

Looks like we have very similar goals. Now that I've almost hit 30, I think I'd like to make it to at least 35...40 would be ok too. :rotfl2:

Just curious how much time you have before your trip and how much weight you want to lose? I have 4 months and would like to lose 15lbs! Yikes

I have just about 10 months until our trip and I'm hoping to drop about 60lbs. I had a baby in July of last year and my eating habits have been so out of control since then. I've used every excuse in the book for why I'm not watching what Im eating. Finally, I decided that the only one who I'm lying to is myself. So I've set a goal to lose 1.5 lbs per week until March 2014. I stopped drinking soda last week and have been on a 1500 daily calorie intake per day. I've dropped 3.5 lbs in 5 days. Disney is a huge motivator for me. I lost 30 lbs about 4 years ago for WDW so I know it can be done. :-) Hood luck everyone! Oh, try myfitnesspal.com to keep track. Theres also a smart phone app.

Ok , so, loosing weight for Micky didn't work - I stayed the same (about 154lbs). However, I turn 30 in October and thee is no way I want to be unhappy with myself then - 30 is a big enough milestone as it is!!

Update Nov 2011 : 277 pounds
- May 2013 : 172 pounds
Goal 140-150
Changed diet and added moderate exercise.
Have hit a plateau and barely lost any weight since Feb but have lost inches. At start of diet I was wearing women's 24/26 3x clothes and now I am wearing anything size 12 ( some of my 12's are to big now) and a few size 10's! My t-shirt size has gone from size 3x to medium.

Wow! That is so great! Congratulations! When do you go to disney?

Name: Jim
Highest weight: 271
Starting weight (on 05/20/13): 271
Current weight: 265
Disney Trip Goal (June 2014): 215
Final Goal: 215

Diet: Eliminated soda, junk food and most of my coffee intake. Added more fish, veggies and drinking lots of water.

Exercise: 30 minutes of cardio everyday for starters, will bump it up after 2 weeks and then add in some weights.

Name: Tasha
Starting weight: 174
Goal: 135-140
Trip date: May 2014

Diet Plan: cutting out soda and sweet tea, must drink a big glass of water before every cup of coffee (I cant function without caffiene lol) 1000 calories or less daily.
Exersize plan: Run/Walking 3 days a week with 30 mins of core exsersizing on run days. Alternating 30 mins of lower body and upper body workouts on non-run days. Weekends off

Wrote on here a few months ago but I finally hit onederland so I'm back :)
SW: 260lbs
CW: 199lbs
Exercise four times a week. Eat a of protein and just try to lead a healthier life.
I want to look good in the pictures at WDW next month :)
Well done to everyone on here :)
:thumbsup2

Wrote on here a few months ago but I finally hit onederland so I'm back :)
SW: 260lbs
CW: 199lbs
Exercise four times a week. Eat a of protein and just try to lead a healthier life.
I want to look good in the pictures at WDW next month :)
Well done to everyone on here :)
:thumbsup2

:cheer2: Congrats!!!!! That's a terrific accomplishment!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter