• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Losing weight for Mickey

ctl said:
I have sadly put on 7.5 lbs over the past 4 weeks since I stopped my diet and quit exercising. (I got plantar fascitiis, so that stopped the walking). I had lost 44lbs over a year, but I went on vacation and got lazy and indulged and then fell completely off the diet wagon. I was feeling discouraged, but y'all have given me the push I need to get back on my diet and try to stay within my acceptable weight range. I'm going to try and get back on the acceptable things to eat plan today! Thanks everyone.

I tried Food Lovers Diet and gained 4 pounds, so I know how you feel. Talked to a friend who gained on it too so I don't feel as bad. My DH and I are putting together my new treadmill tonight. I plan to use it daily, at least 5 days per week. I have 3 months and hope to lose 20 pounds at least. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Opps. I added wrong.

SW: 192.5
CW: 173.8
GW: 125
inches: - 30

I hit another mini goal of 5 % from my first 10 loss, my next mini goal is 20 lbs which is just one away (I lose SOOOOO slowly I celebrate all my mini goals!). After that, pre first baby weight!

checking in...

name: sonia
starting weight: 190
current weight: 150
goal: 148 (sept 30th trip to WDW) / 138 (nov 30th)

the last couple of weeks i have been much more relaxed.
still staying within my calorie range (1200-1550), cut back on cardio (was doing 40min 6x/week!) and am still losing!!!
and i feel awesome....which is so much more important to me that the numbers on the scale.

Hello, I want to try and join in on the weight loss. I want to not look like a "very fluffy" person on the tower of terror in the pictures for my next trip. :rotfl2:

Starting Weight: hahaha I'm afraid of the scale, lets just say too much
Goal Weight: any loss in my book is good (It'd be nice to be a size 18 again, my pre two kids size I'm now in size 22s)
Height: 5'8
Exercise: All I can do is walking exercises (heart doctors orders)

I think since my oldest started kindergarten I am going to take advantage of that and go walking in the day time even if it's just up the road and back again every day. I also might try the Weight Watchers program again because I was doing great on that last year. I was losing close to 7 pounds each week without even trying too hard. (probably water weight) :thumbsup2

Subbing I have till Dec 2013 to reach my Mickey Goal.
TW: 197
GW: 125
Ht: 5' 1"
Plan: walking and moderated eating

OK, I will join in on the erm, fun! Looked at our pics from our 2010 trip, and I am determined not to look like that again! Here we go:

Name: Danica
Type of diet: reduced calorie/fat - using My Fitness Pal
Excercise: Power 90, walking/running inside and out
Start date of diet: May 2012
Goal: 140
Weight at start of diet: 219
Current weight: 192, 27 pounds down!:yay:
I really hope to start running again after I have lost a bit more weight. Really looking forward to running at POR in May!

checking in...

current weight: 150
goal: 148 (sept 30th trip to WDW) / 138 (nov 30th)

the last couple of weeks i have been much more relaxed.
still staying within my calorie range (1200-1550), cut back on cardio (was doing 40min 6x/week!) and am still losing!!!
and i feel awesome....which is so much more important to me that the numbers on the scale.
goal weight: 148 (sept 30 trip to wdw) / 138 (nov 30)
current weight: 148.8

I have a "normal" BMI!!!!!! woo hoo!!!!!!

saffsmom said:
thanks!
i've worked really hard and i am proud of myself.
for some reaason i have a hard time showing that in real life...it feels good
to be able to "shout" about it here!!!

How did you do it? I'm happy for you =)

I keep losing my motivation to lose the weight that I need to. Its hard when my husband won't cooperate and can eat anything he wants =/

How did you do it? I'm happy for you =)

I keep losing my motivation to lose the weight that I need to. Its hard when my husband won't cooperate and can eat anything he wants =/
i stayed between 1200 - 1550 calories each day (with an odd "cheat " day thrown in...but by that i mean 1700-1800 calories, not going crazy)
most meals i ended up preparing 3 different things....something for the girls, something for husband and something for myself. soooo frustrating.
it is extra hard not to give in to temptation when you are surrounded by it
to make matters worse...i work in a pizza shop!!!!! talk about temptation.
i learned quickly how to make "healthy" versions of stuff so i didn't feel deprived

i started out doing 3xstationary bike(20 min) and 3xstrength
within 6 weeks i was doing 6xcardio(40 min) and 3xstrength
i went a little nuts for awhile...hubby and the kids talked me down from the edge though.
so now i try to work out 3x week...about 30 min cardio/20 min strength.
experimenting with long walks (60 min)....looking forward to entering a "weight maintenance" phase and i think walking is a more sustainable activity long term for me.

i track on SparkPeople.com
as for motivation? i stole a line from my little sister (she lost 40lbs a few years back and has kept most of it off since)
"i hate running but i hate being fat more"
(i don't run...unless someone is chasing me with a weapon! but the meaning still applies!)

weekly check in
Name: Lane
Diet: Portion control
Exercise: swimming laps, jogging in the pool and walking
Start date: June 15
Start weight: 250
Current weight: 238
Total lbs lost: 12
Pounds lost this week: 0
Pounds left to lose: 39
Goal before December trip: 199
Overall goal: 160

I had a no loss no gain week. I worked a lot this week and didn't exercise as much as I should have so I will take the no gain!!!!

Checking in....this is always a tough time of year for me. I am back at work and the kids are in school- back to the routine of homework, football practices, and late evenings with curriculum nights at my kids' school and my job. So I often get sidetracked from my exercise routine and don't have sit-down dinners. But I am happy to say I have lost a pound since school started (about two weeks ago). I have tried to get back on the treadmill and walk the dog more. Also taking more fresh fruit and salads in my lunches (love them both).

SW: 183 (Dec 2011)
CW: 175
GW: 160 (Dec 2012) but really just happy as long as I am losing :)

Keep up the good work, everyone :thumbsup2

ctl said:
I have sadly put on 7.5 lbs over the past 4 weeks since I stopped my diet and quit exercising. (I got plantar fascitiis, so that stopped the walking). I had lost 44lbs over a year, but I went on vacation and got lazy and indulged and then fell completely off the diet wagon. I was feeling discouraged, but y'all have given me the push I need to get back on my diet and try to stay within my acceptable weight range. I'm going to try and get back on the acceptable things to eat plan today! Thanks everyone.

I've got mild planters try searching shoes I use MBT and sketchers also try biking stretching a must. It can get better good luck

goal weight: 148 (sept 30 trip to wdw) / 138 (nov 30)
current weight: 148.8

I have a "normal" BMI!!!!!! woo hoo!!!!!!
checking in!

goal weight: 144 (sept 30th trip to wdw) / 136 (nov 30th) / 130 (someday!)
current weight: 146

my goal weights keep sliding downwards as i continue to lose...
i figure my body will tell me when i am close to a "final" weight by slowing down the rate at which i lose.
at that point i will switch to a maintenance plan and see if i can keep it off!

check in
Name: Lane
Diet: Portion control
Exercise: swimming laps, jogging in the pool and walking
Start date: June 15
Start weight: 250
Current weight: 237
Total lbs lost: 13
Pounds lost this week: 1
Pounds left to lose: 27
Goal before December trip: 210 revised up a bit due to some health issues since I started, I would still love 199 but it may not be doable and I don't want to set myself up for failure...:sad2:
Overall goal: 160
Only a 1 pound loss but a loss is a loss, I worked a lot this week and didn't exercise as much as I should have so I will take pound loss!!!

check in

diet: tracking calories

goal weight: 144 (sept 30 trip to WDW) / 138 (nov 30)
current weight: 144.8

almost there!!! (at goal weight #1 and WDW!!!!!)

Checking in!!

I am down 7lbs in 4 weeks--i count calories and exercise (walking, zumba, a jillian dvd or pilates dvd 4times a week)

I have 29 more lbs to lose to reach my goal. I am actually finding myself to be happy with the change in my diet and exercise. I feel better and sleep better at night on workout days.

Now we are getting into the food months (football tailgates, halloween, thanksgiving-new years) but I am not going to give in. Today I made low fat/low calorie buffalo and taco dips for football tomorrow.

went to chic fila today and ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and a fruit cup with a water, my mom asked me how i do it and i said its easy..I'm done being fat! Keep going ladies! :yay::yay::yay:

Hi all. I'm headed down in one month exactly. I want to lose a few pounds before my 40th birthday weekend. I have about ten pounds of 'baby weight' left. |Not sure I can still call it baby weight after three years. Anyway, we'll be staying at Animal Kingdom and going to Mickey's not so scary halloween party. Hoping to have almost the entire ten off in the month. Doing Weight Watchers Points Plus. I became a lifetime member after the birth of my first daughter eight year ago and I find it works. Don't like the tracking, but what can you do. Looking forward to being part of this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter