• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Losing weight for Mickey

Name: Kerrie
Type of diet: 6 small meals/day; watch calories
Excercise: LA fitness cardio and weights
Start date of diet: 1/7/08
Goal: 135
Weight at start of diet: 227.5
Weight loss to date: 0

I am pretty busy with four kids ages 9months, 3yrs, 7years and 10yrs..but I will post as often as I can.
Plan to lose weight for hubby's 40th b-day on Western Carribean in June of 2009. AND one of these days I will photo bucket some pics and get the cute little thingies everyone else has...just don't have time right now.:confused3

Thanks again sharpmomof2 for putting the lists together and starting the thread.

Yesterday at a funeral I was asked not once but TWICE if I was pregnant...UGH:confused3

Due to the financial situation in my house I am not ready to officially committ to southbeach but I am starting walking a minimum of 20 minutes a day tomorrow and using my workout videos. Switching from coffee(cream and sugar) to herbal tea and trying to drink some water during the day. I am officially done w/ soda and going to dessert one day a week...that way I can have what I really want once in a while instead of having cheap substitutions and way too much of them.
SMALL CHANGES. Gotta start somewhere.

so that's the story for now. Wish me luck!!!
...t.

Hi everybody! I'm ready to take the plunge. I have a big family trip to WDW planned for 10/15/08 - 10/22/08 and I need to lose about 35 pounds. I want to be able to look at my vacation pictures without scrutinizing my gut in every one!! :scared1:

Name: Kelly
Diet: Sparkpeople.com and exercise--just about to rejoin the YMCA
hurdles to overcome: Eating after dinner in front of the television :sad2:
Exercise: YMCA-swimming, treadmill, aerobics class
Start date: 1/6/2008
Goal: 160 and flapless upper arms
Weight at start: 192
Weight loss to date: 0

I'm excited to post every week because I know I'll find a lot of inspiration here. Thanks everybody! :cool1:

I do not own a scale so I can't send you weight loss, I will do inches maybe. I think I have a tape measure.
Lori

Hello all, its me Sarah. Well, I started this thread, and I brought up the idea of a buddy system, so now I have put everyone into their own buddy support system. I tried very hard to put everyone together by weight, diet, and/or what exercise your doing. I hope everyone is happy with the outcome! If you don't feel that you want a buddy, please contact me privately, and I will take you off the list.

Weight Loss Supporters List as follows:

SharpMomOfTwo
flipflop

tchrrx
brymolmom

disneyjeremymom
ChevyNat

fortheluvofpooh
AMaloy314

Suzanna1973
princesskimberella

TinaLala
chiefdragon

Not so Dumbo
momof3girls6712

DISNEYFOS
dreamer17555

bebelle
disnut1149

twins4disney
emma'smom

momz
tttessa

Tnkrbelle565
tina_la

ljhmom
SharpMomOfTwo

So far there are 25 of us, and I think thats great! Also, I was thinking it would be a nice incentive if every Monday everyone on this "Weightloss for Mickey" thread contacts me privatley telling me exactly how much they have lost for the week. I'll total it up, and we can see what we've lost together as a team!

GO US!

I'm in!

Name: Shawn (yes, I'm a girl)
Diet: WW - on my own - lifetime member - don't want to pay to go back
Exercise: 30 min walk 5 xs a week, 1 1/2 hour Masters swimming 2xs a week
Goal 26# lost by March 29 and size 12s feeling loose, I'm 5'11"
Start date:1/2/08
Weightloss so far: weighing in on 1/09/08
obstacles: kids, family events, birthdays

Hi Shawn,
I'm your buddy, but sadly I seem to be somewhat technically challenged and can't figure out how to send a PM. If you send me one, I should be able to reply back.
Emily (SmallWorld71)

Hey everyone - don't forget to email me with your weekly weightloss today! I'm going to add it up, and post the total lost as well as our "biggest Loser" Also, if you email to my aol account (sharpparties@aol.com) please don't forget to leave your Disboards screen name so I know who you are.

Together We Can Do This!

:grouphug:

I emailed you but thought I would also post a note here. I just officially started on Saturday so I will not be weighing in until next Saturday. I will let you know next Monday! :goodvibes

If it's too late to "join," I will still be reading posts and (hopefully) getting some motivation! I just found this thread today.

We are taking our first family trip in 11 years to WDW in August. And I am starting my diet/exercise plan today. I, too, would like to a)let myself be in vacation pictures this year and, b)not scream in terror when i see those pictures!

Name: Janet
My location: Texas
Diet: No specific name diet, I just try to cut out "white" foods. Sugar, refined flour, white potatoes.......it has worked for me in the past. I have huge sugar/carb cravings.
Exercise: This has dwindled down to nothing for me. But I am going to start back on my treadmill, and I also bought a Leslie Sanstone DVD with an exercise band
Current size: 16
Goal: would like to be a 12
Worst obstacle: DR. PEPPER! Also all the time spent either in the car going to basketball games or concession stands at basketball games! I don't take time to fix myself healthy meals.

I have 3 DD ages 16, 12, and 8.

I only started today, so no weight loss to report yet. I am actually 2 1/2 lbs heavier than I thought starting out, so I need to get going.
Best wishes everyone! :banana: Take it one day at a time.

Hi Everyone
Just wanted to say Happy Monday and keep the momentum alive! Haven't weighed in yet today (I weigh in at night at the gym) but I will keep you posted. Good Luck everyone! :cheer2:

I, too, hope it isn't too late to join this. We went to Disney in October and I cringe everytime I see one of the FEW pictures that I am in and I don't want to be like that for the trip this coming Dec. I want pictures of me with my kids in them and not just from Disney.

Name: Sonjia
Diet: WW
Exercise: I have a gazelle that I am planning to use at least 3 times per week for 30-45 minutes. (I am an over weight, out of shape smoker, obviously I have to work myself up to that long of a time. :lmao: )
Current size: 18-20 (depending on the brand) about 195lbs
Goal: 10-12 between 130-140lbs.
Worst obstacles: My dh (even though he whines and comlains about both of us needing to lose weight, he isn't very supportive even when I just try to make us all eat healthier), I have PCOS and am insulin resistant, I don't cook alot, however, I know plan to start. :)

Good luck to all and I hope we are all successful!

Hi everyone, I would like to join in !!! We are heading down to disney in December. I have a whole year to lose weight. I am really hoping I can do it this time. I was just diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and my bones and joints have really been bothering me. I am about 100 pounds overweight. I know I would feel so much better to lose it. Count me in for lots of support.

Name: Lisa
Occupation: Medical Social Worker and part time graduate school student
Family: Hubby and DD (almost 5)
Yearly trips to WDW
Diet: Low carb
Exercise: walking and elliptical machine, also just order Leslie Sansome walking DVD's from QVC
Encouragement: Need lots of it, I am really tired of being the one taking pictures at WDW, instead of being in them.
Starting Weight:265 sz 24
Goal Weight: 165
Looking forward to meeting all of you and having a great support system. We have a WW meeting in our town, but I really don't want to go, I leave DD at preschool all day, I really want to be with her on our down time. I am hoping this is just the support that will really help me. Good Luck:banana:

Hello & welcome!

I also have more than 100 pounds to lose and have been doing the Leslie Sansone DVDs. I think you will really enjoy them. I can keep up with no problem. I have only been doing a 1 mile walk in the morning and again in the afternoon (about 20 minutes each time), but its a start, right? I plan to work up slowly so that I don't completely give up from being too sore.

Good Luck on this journey!

The good news is.... what ever weight you take off before the trip should stay off during the trip because of all the walking and activity. I always eat what ever I want when I go (and I do mean what ever) and I never put the pounds back on and I really think it is because of all the walking....

I always want to lose weight before heading to Disney. I have that last 15 pounds that always seems to come back and stick around for too long. I was 212 pounds on the day I had my second baby. 3 years later I am 140. I was always around 125. I would be so much happier if I could get there and stay there.

We are going at the end of Jan. I am hoping to be 135 by then. I am doing small portions, five times per day. Lots of protien and fiber. Not much bread or pasta. Running and walking when I can.

Wish you all luck!!!!!!

Hello & welcome!

I also have more than 100 pounds to lose and have been doing the Leslie Sansone DVDs. I think you will really enjoy them. I can keep up with no problem. I have only been doing a 1 mile walk in the morning and again in the afternoon (about 20 minutes each time), but its a start, right? I plan to work up slowly so that I don't completely give up from being too sore.

Good Luck on this journey!

Another fan on Leslie Sansone....just ordered from QVC her 5 tapes and menu guide for under $25! ;)

All I know is that I'm glad fluffernutter isn't my partner! My stomach growls every time I read that screen name!:rotfl:

Alas, they don't sell Fluff in Oklahoma. However, whenever relatives visit from New England, they always bring me some. One year, DH surprised me with a box of 5 jars of it for Christmas! :thumbsup2 What a guy!

Temptation...

I work from home, and my mom (who works for us in an office next door) has peanut M&M's in her top desk drawer.

I will NOT CAVE!!!

I will NOT CAVE!!!

Dinner (spicy chicken salad) will be so fantastic...I need no junk.

:headache:

I went grocery shopping last night & found a 100 calorie pack of Keebler grasshopper cookies. They tasted just like Girl Scout thin mints!!! They are now hidden in the back of the freezer, just for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter