Losing cusstomers

They've lost a lot of our dollars too.
Same here. we're going on Saturday and we're staying at the Swan. We may eat a couple of meals at the parks and have some cocktails, but Disney is getting about $ 4000 less than they have on previous vacations. I know people will chime in to say, they're are others to replace you and Disney won't miss your money. But to me, this is a significant amount of money and it will go to other Orlando area destinations.

Wow. I'm surprised to see lots of posts from staunch long-time WDW supporters and fans indicating they plan to spend less, not more.

Sentiments every company loves to hear, right? Maybe they don't pay much attention to them when they are appended as comments to a news article buried somewhere on the internet just days after release, but on a Disney enthusiast forum billed as "The largest and most active Disney community on the net!" ?

That could be significant.

Wow. I'm surprised to see lots of posts from staunch long-time WDW supporters and fans indicating they plan to spend less, not more.

Sentiments every company loves to hear, right? Maybe they don't pay much attention to them when they are appended as comments to a news article buried somewhere on the internet just days after release, but on a Disney enthusiast forum billed as "The largest and most active Disney community on the net!" ?

That could be significant.
Yes but remember, there are plenty of people to replace us. So it will have no impact on Disney!8-)

Also, you must understand that many people will be spending less, but they will be spending. The issue is not comments, but numbers. When Disney looks at numbers, things are looking up for the parks. They know that changes will lose some people; but if the numbers increase and they are sustained, then those changes are successful. In business, you vote with your currency.

Also, you must understand that many people will be spending less, but they will be spending. The issue is not comments, but numbers. When Disney looks at numbers, things are looking up for the parks. They know that changes will lose some people; but if the numbers increase and they are sustained, then those changes are successful. In business, you vote with your currency.
That's true, but you also want your company to last. Disney is going for short term profits and sacrificing their quality reputation. IMO there will be a backlash.

That's true, but you also want your company to last. Disney is going for short term profits and sacrificing their quality reputation. IMO there will be a backlash.

It seems the backlash has already begun with so many repeat Disney-goers cutting back trips, or not going at all. Why would any company anywhere ever be okay with this? Also, what about word-of-mouth with regard to the potential new visitors? Whenever I've described to other people what a trip to WDW now involves, their reactions have all been the same. They're first in disbelief, like I'm joking; then they're absolutely floored when they realize it's for real. Just the idea of pre-scheduling anything (meals, rides, parades, fireworks, etc) is a huge turn-off for many, many people. What sounds like a fun vacation initially suddenly turns into this overwhelming, over-planned, over-scheduled behemoth that doesn't sound fun at all.

I'm not sure about this. I don't see how any moves from the parks at Disney can be seen as "short term." Also, "quality reputation" is relative and subject to individual interpretation. The numbers are up. Plus even if you take these boards as the "Voice of the Customer", the VOCs are consistently up, as well. I mean, look at those who are satisfied. Look at those who are extremely satisfied. Even those who say that they may "spend less." That can be viewed as moderate because they are still spending.

Now look at that opposed to those who say that they will never go back to WDW again. See how few those people are in context of the whole? Even those who say that they will not go back for a few years or so. In short, if they are looking at this site from a business perspective, it's relatively a positive VOC for a company. And it's been consistent for as long as I've been on here (for around 9 years now.)

It seems the backlash has already begun with so many repeat Disney-goers cutting back trips, or not going at all. Why would any company anywhere ever be okay with this? Also, what about word-of-mouth with regard to the potential new visitors? Whenever I've described to other people what a trip to WDW now involves, their reactions have all been the same. They're first in disbelief, like I'm joking; then they're absolutely floored when they realize it's for real. Just the idea of pre-scheduling anything (meals, rides, parades, fireworks, etc) is a huge turn-off for many, many people. What sounds like a fun vacation initially suddenly turns into this overwhelming, over-planned, over-scheduled behemoth that doesn't sound fun at all.
And then show them what the total, bottom-line figure will run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter