Lose something at Disney?

AndyFL

This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my c
I figured that Disney had somewhere to check for lost items but never knew where, basically because the need has never arisen. This changed on our last trip and nobody seemed to know exactly where the lost and found was located other than "somewhere at TTC". Well, here's the exact location 28.404123,-81.578714 just plug that into Google Maps or your gps and there you are. Hope this helps.

I figured that Disney had somewhere to check for lost items but never knew where, basically because the need has never arisen. This changed on our last trip and nobody seemed to know exactly where the lost and found was located other than "somewhere at TTC". Well, here's the exact location 28.404123,-81.578714 just plug that into Google Maps or your gps and there you are. Hope this helps.

just wanted to share a lost and found story from about 2 years ago.. went to wdw for DD's sweet 16 celebration. DD and her girlfriends were going around the MK during EMH's that lasted till 3am. DD's girlfriend lost the bottom part of her lanyard that included her Key to the World, $20 and a disney gift card worth $25. they looked around that night with no luck. the next day I tracked around the Mk from the ride they thought it was lost on, public relations and finally the TTC where it was not located. Her Key to the world was restored that night with a new one and we just gave up on the cash and gift card.

About two weeks after we got home, I got a manila envelope in the mail. It contained the holder with the Key to the Word, the gift card AND the cash still in it! They tracked my address of the name on the Key and sent it to me with a note saying it was found and they wanted to get it home to me.

That is customer service! pixiedust::cool1:

Well, here's the exact location 28.404123,-81.578714 just plug that into Google Maps or your gps and there you are. Hope this helps.

Could you also give us a descriptive location for those of us who do not travel with smart phones or ipads? Thanks

Could you also give us a descriptive location for those of us who do not travel with smart phones or ipads? Thanks

Sure, you travel north on World Dr and right past the TTC parking lot you'll see a traffic light. Take a left on 7 Seas Dr ( the road to the rt is Timberline) and it's about 800 ft on your right, you'll see the sign.

You can go to Google and click on Maps at the top of the page and then put in those coordinates and you'll be taken to it.

As the OP mentioned, just copy and paste the coordinates into Google maps here:
http://maps.google.com/
You can get directions and on street view you can even see the sign showing where to turn (which is a very cool feature, BTW.)

The last time we lost something at the parks, it was located near the Day Pet Boarding area at TTC (right near Pluto's dog house).

I lost something at MK 2 weeks ago and was sent to the lost and found. It is actually the building that used to be the kennel, if that helps anyone. Very easy to get to, even without a car. It was very interesting talking to the CM, they get so many things, while we were there another CM came in with a guitar, it was left in a hotel room! So, they clearly get lots of things.
I never found what I was looking for but they assured me that they would send it to me if it were found :thumbsup2

Central Lost and Found is the building that used to be the kennel for MK at the TTC.

If you park in the Main Parking lot and take the trams to the TTC, just after you get out from the dip in the tramway under the Seven Seas Drive it will be the small building on the right.

Keep in mind that when you lose something, it takes its time to get to the actual lost and found building. First the item may go to a shop, then guest relations and eventually lost and found. We lost our keys in MK, went all the way to the TTC and realized we couldn't go home, back to MK a few minutes after closing where they let us in, and we picked up the keys at City Hall.

A few weeks ago my son lost his wallet and didn't realize it until we were at security at MK. It was lost somewhere in Epcot, either on the monorail, or SSE or in Mouse Gears, he wasn't sure where. So we go over to Guest Relations at MK and they called over to GR at Epcot to see if a wallet matching the description was turned in (at that point it wasn't), so GR said that it would make its way over to Lost and Found at the TTC by 10:00 PM that night if it was found. So we go back to TTC to ask the CMs there if anyone from the light blue mono found a wallet and turned it in. Answer: no. Over I go to GR at Epcot and ask if a wallet was turned in, and yes it was, but it was over at GR to the left of SSE. In the wallet was my son's drivers license which he needed to get home, as well as $150 in cash. When I got the wallet, EVERYthing was in it. So to whoever found my son's wallet and turned it in, THANK YOU! But to go on just a bit with the story, next day we were back in Epcot and rode Soarin' first on standby because the standby line was 20 minutes, then with our fastpasses. After we got off from the first ride, The Brilliant One left his backpack on the ride! FORTUNATELY (for him) it was found and returned promptly!

We passed the lost & found while driving to the Polynesian (and getting lost) - wouldn't be able to tell you exactly where it is though! :confused3:

We passed the lost & found while driving to the Polynesian (and getting lost) - wouldn't be able to tell you exactly where it is though! :confused3:

It IS a little hectic in that vacinity isn't it ;)

Those lanyards are a bit pesky when it comes to it. My daughter lost the bottom part to hers while on Space Mountain.. or somewhere between the entrance and exit. Anyway, I reminded myself THIS is exactly the reason I always take photos of any ID, KTTW, PhotoPass, Gift cards, etc. The KTTW was easy. I called the resort and it was ready for us by the time we got back that night. The GC was a little bit of a pain because we basically had to hope that no one used it before we got to. Luckily it only had about $30 left on it and she went ahead and got the doll set she'd been eyeing all day. They just manually entered the GC# off my cell phone photo... photopass was again, no big deal since we still had the #s we just entered them on the site. It was funny though, she was so upset about losing it they let her ride SM again and gave her 8 fastpasses for MK that she used a few days later.

Thanks for sharing the info for Lost and Found though! Hope we never have to, but glad to know where its at if we ever need it.

We lost three random items on our last trip to Disney. And we found all three at the TTC L&F! It was amazing, I can tell you! LOL We did wait a couple days (they weren't urgent items -- embroidered mouse ears, a toddler's sandal and something else I can't remember right now. :))

A friend of mine had lost her wallet at Disney last month. Guest Relations gave her this number to the Lost & Found building... 407-828-3150. It is definitely something worth keeping in your contacts list while on vacation. She said that you will need to be as specific as possible when calling...item description, what park, area of the park, etc. All lost items from all 4 parks, both water parks, and DTD are sent there. She did wind up getting her wallet back with everything still in it, for what it's worth. :)

We lost our camera at the Poly. It never got sent to the list and found; they held it at the Poly. I don't know if that is standard practice but something to keep in mind if you lose something at a resort- call the resort first!

We lost our camera at the Poly. It never got sent to the list and found; they held it at the Poly. I don't know if that is standard practice but something to keep in mind if you lose something at a resort- call the resort first!
Anything lost at a resort stays at the resort...they handle their own lost & found. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter