Lose FD?

2nd childhood

Living out my 2nd childhood vicariously through my
I currently have a reservation booked with free dining and six day base tickets. I called today to change my six day tickets to annual passes and the cast member said if I did I would lose my free dining. Is that correct? I thought I had to buy a minimum of two day base tickets in order to receive the free dining.

I just told her never mind, since I don't want to lose our free dining, but we'd really like to try an annual pass too.

I could be mistaken but can't you just upgrade there? This keeping the free dining and getting the AP...?

Free Dining requires at least a 2 day MYW base ticket for each person. Once you arrive, you can upgrade those tickets to AP's, and the amount you've already paid will be pro-rated into the AP.

That would work out great. I'll just wait until we arrive and upgrade. Thanks.

What I have done in the past is as soon as I can, I go to Guest Relations and check to see what I have to do to convert the 2 day package ticket to an annual pass. I have never had problems doing it and I never lost my dining package once I received the annual pass. They will credit whatever the ticket costs to your annual pass cost. I normally go to the Guest Relations at Downtown Disney as they are opened early and it's good to make sure I am doing the right thing prior to hitting the parks. Years ago, you could not use your tickets first and then recently it didn't matter if you did. But, I always check as they can change policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter