LOSE BEFORE YOU CRUISE - Support Thread for all Cruisers

It's a high intensity interval training kind of day. I'm thinking jumping rope and jogging.
Hmmm.
Or maybe ballet class? Or a DVD?
I have to be honest. Since today is the last day both kids have school until after Labor Day, I'm really just wanting to go get a pedicure and laze around.
Workout first though! Then pedicure!
What motivates you on days you'd rather not?

As to the ten a month...nope not doable, for me where I am in my weight loss (on the last twenty or so pounds). That's why I was so happy I lost in the last week.
:)

Hi, I just put on my work out clothing first thing in the morning, not thinking of anything else. Its so much easier to go to the gym or go for a walk when your already wearing the right clothing.
I always tell myself, just go for 20 minutes.... lol and then I get too lazy and end up staying at the gym for longer. Even if I have ONLY 20 minutes, at least I did something and burnt 100-200 cals.
Most of my friends are lucky to be able to stay at home with the children, so after drop off, everyone trys and gets a class in, and we try and do a group Pilates, or Yoga, or TRX and be each others support to attend the class. Oh, if someone misses a class/workout; you have some people to answer to! lol
Coffee is now considered a 'dirty word', we don't even dare say the word pre-workout, but manage to grab a quick one after the class, and we all dash off to hit the shower and continue errands, etc.

Relaxin' said:
Ugh, still not keeping to my healthy eating. I get the day on the right foot, and all but one lunch was perfect, but when it comes to supper and after dinner snacks, I am failing. On Thursday, I received great news at work that has been stressing me for quite a few months, I had a great work out, and then what did I do - ate a hamburger and FRIES WITH GRAVY. What am I doing? After such a great day, why did I sabatoge myself? Friday was great eating during the day, I was getting ready to go the gym, but it was our 27th wedding anniversary, and my DH wanted to take me out for dinner. I missed my workout, got home, and he had changed his mind, so I ate salad, and CHEESE, and shrimp and nibbled throughout the evening. I am hoping by publicly confessing that I stop doing this to myself. I need to remember that I have to get into better weight shape for my race in the fall, and of course to look great on the cruise.

I am right there with you..except my problem is that I have gotten back into the bad habit of eating our at lunch time again and skipping the gym. I have now gained 9 lbs back since we returned from our cruise.

I hope you get back on track soon! I hope I do too!

Ladies, lets be happy that the Local markets are now in full bloom with amazing fresh fruit and veggies! I usually hit the 3pm crash-and-burn time as well. Trying to keep fresh cucumbers and other veggies already cut up, and easy fruit like watermelon and strawberries which have little calories. I always pair up a veggie/fruit with 5-6 raw almonds, this tends to give me a crunch as well as it holds you from really being hungry.... I did eat very well on my last 4N Cruise, but did give into the sweets and icecream, something that I don't do often and felt I shouldn't beat myself up on. One burger and fries with gravy wont kill you! Beating yourself up wont help- just remember to love yourself!!:love:

I just got 4 lbs to lose (my goal weight is 136, the weight I was when I took my last DCL voyage nearly 5 years ago, on the Disney Wonder) and I'm going on the Disney Dream on September! I'm doing the Herbalife regimen. Wish me luck, y'all!

I am actually getting weighed in tomorrow at a doctors office. lol
I think I'm down another pound ~ if not, I guess we know I will be running on the treadmill over the weekend like a crazy person.....

28 days until my Dream Cruise with DD!!!
42 days until My Moms 65th Birthday Dream Cruise!!!

What can I say, I took my first Cruise on the Dream in April 2013, and I am hooked!!!! Is anyone going on the June 27th Dream, or July 11th Dream by any chance??

I did it! 5 lbs - gone!
hmm, think I will go for another 5 lbs, 14 days.... crossing fingers.
I guess by posting this, I am officially accountable....:flower3:

Good early morning. I have a illusive goal weight of 120 lbs. I have been teetering at my current weight for a while. My DCL Fantasy is 2/15/14. I got down to 127 and now up again to 133. I'm short. I am living day to day, moment by moment, praying as I go lol. I eat well and walk but it's not enough. Going to start Yoga in the fall. I have 2 cruises before DCL gotta start moving.

Hi Everyone!

I've been doing weight watchers since March and lost almost 20 pounds so far. The last few weeks I have just been maintaining but not really losing. We just booked a 4nt cruise on the Dream for 9/15/13 and I'd really like to be down at least another 10 pounds by then (my ultimate goal is to lose 50 pounds total). I'm hoping this thread will give me the additional encouragement I need to kick it up a notch and start losing again.

Any women out there in their early 40's who somehow have gained 10 pounds in a year and now not one of those pounds is willing to budge, even with pretty healthy eating??? I admit, until a week ago, I didn't do much regular exercise, but was a fairly healthy eater. Even cutting back on calories didn't seem to move a single pound, so *sigh* I'm working at getting in some good exercise at least 5 days per week. After about 10 days, still no pounds gone. I'm thinking I may need to keep the exercise going while trying a 'structured' diet.

Any suggestions??? We're cruising in two months and I refuse to buy bigger clothes! (My mother says that this is how it is as a woman in my 40's, but I don't accept that!)

Any women out there in their early 40's who somehow have gained 10 pounds in a year and now not one of those pounds is willing to budge, even with pretty healthy eating??? I admit, until a week ago, I didn't do much regular exercise, but was a fairly healthy eater. Even cutting back on calories didn't seem to move a single pound, so *sigh* I'm working at getting in some good exercise at least 5 days per week. After about 10 days, still no pounds gone. I'm thinking I may need to keep the exercise going while trying a 'structured' diet.

Any suggestions??? We're cruising in two months and I refuse to buy bigger clothes! (My mother says that this is how it is as a woman in my 40's, but I don't accept that!)

Have you been checked for hypothyroid?

Oh, and I love my Bodymedia Fit Link. And I log everything I eat.

Any women out there in their early 40's who somehow have gained 10 pounds in a year

It is very hard for me as well...........im 45........ 2 years agol I lost 20 pounds but gained every one of it back. So I know it is possible I just have to be like so care ful what I eat.

Like truly everything goes to my hips and legs. When I do Cardio 4-5 days a week I see the best results along with extreme watching of what I eat.
I dont eat much........fruits vegies beans fish yogurt cereal WATER WATER WATER. But I cave sometimes and have a beer with friends or a piece of chocolate. I always carry granola bars and Cran raisins in my purse

My goal right now is to loose 10 more pounds by OCT 23. I have lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks.

It is very hard for me as well...........im 45........ 2 years agol I lost 20 pounds but gained every one of it back. So I know it is possible I just have to be like so care ful what I eat.

Like truly everything goes to my hips and legs. When I do Cardio 4-5 days a week I see the best results along with extreme watching of what I eat.
I dont eat much........fruits vegies beans fish yogurt cereal WATER WATER WATER. But I cave sometimes and have a beer with friends or a piece of chocolate. I always carry granola bars and Cran raisins in my purse

My goal right now is to loose 10 more pounds by OCT 23. I have lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks.

Craisins can be surprisingly caloric...portion size on those is very hard for me.

I'm trying to lose weight by watching what I eat.
I don't eat red meat, stay away from potatoes, junk food(chips, dip, pop, etc.)
Try and portion my dinners. Love my fruits & veggies.
Exercise?.....not really. I do a lot of stair climbing and walking. Once I start my
job at airport I'll be walking more.

Thinking positive that I'll drop the pounds before my cruise in Feb '14.

Good luck to all in shedding the pounds ---
Think Positive - You CAN do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter