• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lose 1 Stone For Christmas Challenge!!

Tink78 said:
Count me in then, but I don't think I have a stone to lose, but DH challenged me to lose half a stone before Xmas, so can I join in but with only half a stone to lose?
People with only half a stone to lose should be banished forever!!!!! :rotfl2: (Only jealous!!! :rotfl: ) Welcome Tink - you can be our inspiration!!!

mushumadness said:
ok im with you on this another stone would be nice before my holidays
Same here so count me in! :cool1: All tips appreciated as I've been stuck at my current weight for ages... :(

My tips are, keep the exercise going and if you are naughty ;) don't think "oh well that's it then" (as I am prone to do ;) ) and go back to bad habits, just think - OK I've had a treat. Lovely. Now I am going to focus on fit and healthy again.

My balldress that I bought slightly too small for me is hanging on the outside of my wardobe as inspiration for Xmas parties!

Kaylee - that is soooo cheating :teeth:

Good luck one and all! We can do it!!

I would like to try too but I can't start until after my trip to Disneyland Paris next week. I will have to lag behind. When do we stop? What about the christmas party season which always spoils a diet a good few weeks before the big day. Especially that Baileys!!!

Susan

Count me in I want to lose about a stone for my holidays at Christmas. :wizard: Good Luck everybody

Miffy2003 said:
My tips are, keep the exercise going and if you are naughty ;) don't think "oh well that's it then" (as I am prone to do ;) ) and go back to bad habits, just think - OK I've had a treat. Lovely. Now I am going to focus on fit and healthy again.
Thanks for that. :)
I'm eating healthily and have just got my hands on a Twist & Sculpt stepper machine so I'm determined to lose the 14lbs before getting on the plane to LA...

CustardTart said:
I'm eating healthily and have just got my hands on a Twist & Sculpt stepper machine so I'm determined to lose the 14lbs before getting on the plane to LA...

What a great motivator that is as well!!

Susan - I don't know what date but my first Xmas party this year is in blooming November! So I was kind of hoping to have until Dec 25th to meet my target LOL

diberry said:
The UK Community board will be so light it'll float away!!! :rotfl2:
:rotfl:
there is no set date to finish this, just keep going week to week and then by xmas see how much we all lost :wizard:
when the party season gets into full swing cutting back now will make a huge difference! for me once i got a drink in my hand thats it, the party food is calling me to eat it :teeth:
well done to all 20 of us up to now who are going to try and lose a stone, or half a stone for xmas!!:wizard:

Wow what a great idea count me in i will start tomorrow and hope i can lose a stone for Christmas i need all the help i can get i will take your tip of drinking plenty of cold water good luck to all.

Pat

welcome pat :wave2:
with all the help we'll be getting from each other we should all do pretty well! :wizard:
get those ice cubes made for your water! :flower:

Ooh can I join in too? I'm doing weight watchers at the moment (lost 2 1/2 stone so far) and would like to loose another 1 stone for my trip at christmas. I lost 1lb this week so another 13lb to go!!!!

Danauk said:
Ooh can I join in too? I'm doing weight watchers at the moment (lost 2 1/2 stone so far) and would like to loose another 1 stone for my trip at christmas. I lost 1lb this week so another 13lb to go!!!!
hi Danauk :wave2:
course you can join in !! :cheer2:
welcome aboard!!

Yank here...Can anyone tell me how much is 1 stone? If I'm gathering corretly, a stone = 14 lbs., or am I way off? Thanks! (Also, out of curiosity, where this term originated?)

MrsNick said:
Yank here...Can anyone tell me how much is 1 stone? If I'm gathering corretly, a stone = 14 lbs., or am I way off? Thanks! (Also, out of curiosity, where this term originated?)

Hi MrsNick :wave:

You are quite right that a UK stone is 14lbs. I don't know where the term originates from, though!

I managed to get an extract of Encyclopedia Britannica Online's entry for the stone measurement, but you have to be a paid member to get the full entry! *shakes fist at Encyclopedia Britannica* Anyway, here we go:

British unit of weight for dry products generally equivalent to 14 pounds avoirdupois (6.35 kg), though it varied from 4 to 32 pounds (1.814 to 14.515 kg) for various items over time. Originally any good-sized rock chosen as a local standard, the stone came to be widely used as a unit of weight in trade, its value fluctuating with the commodity and region.

V. interesting actually! Shame you have to pay for the full version.

I'll join this I think! Weighed myself on Sunday (probably not the best thing to do less than 24 hours after coming home from Orlando!) and I weigh 9st. Not much in the grand scheme of things but that means I've gained 2st and 2 dress sizes in 2 years. I want to go down to just under 8st (under enough that I can indulge now and then without going over 8st so probably about 7st 11/12.) Really gotta work hard at it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter