Los Alamos?

Swimalie

DIS Veteran
We might be moving to Los Alamos, NM. I have never been to NM but will be flying there this weekend. Any one here know anything about the area? Tips on where to look for houses? Schools? Activities? Any help would be great.

I worked in Los Alamos for quite a few years, but lived in Santa Fe. About a 45 minute drive.

It is a tight knit community where a lot of the staff members for the lab live. White Rock is about a 10 minute drive to the lab/town and a lot of the lab people live there.

Scenery is gorgeous, even after the last couple or fires.

They have their own ski area.

They have the basics...grocery stores, some fast food places, etc. Most people head to Santa Fe or Albuquerque to do any serious shopping.

They have probably the best school system in the state. They were probably the first school system in the country to have hi speed internet, thanks to the lab.

I will add more as I think about it.

Thank you. That gives me some help. We know others who live in Santa Fe. After 9 years of an hour commute each way, I would like to live closer to my husband's office. We've looked at White Rock. It looks like a nice area with a lot to do.

No, a private company in Los Alamos. I don't work so I can go any where. And we have a current 4th grader so schools and activities are important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter