Loop Question & Transporation

mreyes01430

Mouseketeer
We are arriving next Thursday, Dec. 18th. Our daughter performs at Epcot Candlelight Processional on Friday the 19th. We are traveling with our fifth wheel the length is 41' and pulling it with a Chevy Silverado 3500 HD. They only had preferred spots open at time of reservation. Will we have an issue size wise? In that area? Also, does anyone know about transportation from Downtown Disney to Epcot how to connect?? Thanks! :santa:

We are arriving next Thursday, Dec. 18th. Our daughter performs at Epcot Candlelight Processional on Friday the 19th. We are traveling with our fifth wheel the length is 41' and pulling it with a Chevy Silverado 3500 HD. They only had preferred spots open at time of reservation. Will we have an issue size wise? In that area? Also, does anyone know about transportation from Downtown Disney to Epcot how to connect?? Thanks! :santa:

We always stay in preferred loops with a 34' mh and some of the sites can be hard to back in depending on where trees, posts, etc. are located - also the 'inner' sites seem to be the most challenging, especially if there are vehicles parked at the edge or partly on the road itself - which happens very often in those sites. Backing a 'towed' 41' in those loops could be awkward, depending on which site you have. Did you tell them the length of your rig?

DTD does not connect directly with the parks, but what we have done is walk to Sarasota Springs (very close walk), then catch a bus from there to a park.
Good luck!

You can get a 40' into the preferred spots, but not all of the preferred spots. If the site assigned to you is too tight to fit into scout out another open one and go back and ask politely. I was able to do that without an issue on my last stay. Also if you need more room to swing into a site just ask those that might be in your way if htey can move. Since the preferred sites are tight most vehicles are right on the loop road and sometimes straddling it.

I also found with my 40' 5th wheel that I did not have enough room to leave the truck on site with my golf cart and not be in the way, so I parked the truck down in the overflow parking area instead. I actually liked having the extra elbow room with the truck not being there.

My rig is a F350 CC long bed with a 40' Primetime Sanibel.

As for transportation from DTD, you have to head to a nearby resort then to Epcot unfortunately on the bus system.

From DTD take a bus to the Boardwalk area hotels. There is a boat to the back of Epcot or you can walk over the bridge (a short walk) also to the back of Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter