• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Loop hole...marriage inside MK.

Getting married in a Doom Buggy, how appropriate.

rimshot.gif

I saw this couple too and wondered if they were in costume or if they were taking wedding pictures. I actually saw them by the haunted mansion taking pictures. Thanks for explaining the mystery to me!!! BTW, I think it was a cool idea ;)

I saw this couple too and wondered if they were in costume or if they were taking wedding pictures. I actually saw them by the haunted mansion taking pictures. Thanks for explaining the mystery to me!!! BTW, I think it was a cool idea ;)

I think its a great idea but I would have rather paid for the whole thing...and TBH some of the disney wedding packages aren't that expensive - if you keep it small... I know DH and I looked into it back in 2010 when we got married but we had some family who couldnt travel (due to health reasons) so we decided to keep it local... but how cool would that be to get married in HM or even at TOT for that matter....

I think its a great idea but I would have rather paid for the whole thing...and TBH some of the disney wedding packages aren't that expensive - if you keep it small... I know DH and I looked into it back in 2010 when we got married but we had some family who couldnt travel (due to health reasons) so we decided to keep it local... but how cool would that be to get married in HM or even at TOT for that matter....

True, but attractions like HM or TOT are not offered as ceremony venue choices in those packages. I believe you can actually get married in the Magic Kingdom but the option is not advertised on the website. If I recall correctly you have to have the reception in the courtyard of Cinderella Castle or something like that, it has to be after hours, the site fee is something like $60,000 and then you have a food and beverage minimum to meet as well. So getting married inside the Magic Kingdom is shockingly expensive.

I heard a rumor years ago that if you did plunk down the cash to get married in the Magic Kingdom all the rides were available for use of the wedding party and guests. Mind you I have no idea at all if this is true but if it was that is what I call a wedding. :dance3::woohoo::cheer2::dance3:

Getting married in a Doom Buggy, how appropriate.

rimshot.gif

Back in my serving days I worked a few weddings held on the 4th of July. That was always a head scratcher to me. Getting married on Independence Day. I myself got divorced somewhere around early July and thought that was much more appropriate.

I so dream a vow renewal at Disney or on the cruise ship. MY BFF ( bridesmaid) and I have been seriously thinking of doing it. MY will just do what us girls tell him to do, he also knows to take his room key with him each time he leaves room.

True, but attractions like HM or TOT are not offered as ceremony venue choices in those packages. I believe you can actually get married in the Magic Kingdom but the option is not advertised on the website. If I recall correctly you have to have the reception in the courtyard of Cinderella Castle or something like that, it has to be after hours, the site fee is something like $60,000 and then you have a food and beverage minimum to meet as well. So getting married inside the Magic Kingdom is shockingly expensive. I heard a rumor years ago that if you did plunk down the cash to get married in the Magic Kingdom all the rides were available for use of the wedding party and guests. Mind you I have no idea at all if this is true but if it was that is what I call a wedding. :dance3::woohoo::cheer2::dance3:

When we looked into the site at the MK for our 2012 wedding, the venue fee for the MK site was $10K. You are locked into an 8am ceremony time (no after hours events, and no access to any rides). You do have to have a morning reception and are subject to the food and beverage minimums but I know two brides who did this very event and their total package ended up priced less than my event.

It's expensive, yes. Shockingly, no, not really if you consider it in perspective. Compared to most people's home town wedding events, maybe but that's comparing apples and oranges.

It's expensive, yes. Shockingly, no, not really if you consider it in perspective. Compared to most people's home town wedding events, maybe but that's comparing apples and oranges.
Except hometown weddings are usually celebrated with more people than destination weddings.

Except hometown weddings are usually celebrated with more people than destination weddings.

Which was my point - comparing the cost of a Disney fairy tale wedding with an at home wedding is apples and oranges.

Compared to the other venues and packages available through Disney fairy tale weddings, the cost of the package in the magic kingdom is not as outrageous as some are speculating here. Te venue fee for the MK package is $10,000 which includes some things that you pay for a-la-carte at other Disney venues.

Which was my point - comparing the cost of a Disney fairy tale wedding with an at home wedding is apples and oranges.

Compared to the other venues and packages available through Disney fairy tale weddings, the cost of the package in the magic kingdom is not as outrageous as some are speculating here. Te venue fee for the MK package is $10,000 which includes some things that you pay for a-la-carte at other Disney venues.

Isn't that location the Swan boat loading dock outside the gates of the Magic Kingdom not actually in the park though?

Isn't that location the Swan boat loading dock outside the gates of the Magic Kingdom not actually in the park though?

Swan boat landing is between the bridge to fantasyland and tomorrow land off of the hub. It is most definitely inside the park, with a gorgeous view of the castle.

We're local (outside of Tampa) and a Disney wedding is right on par for the cost of the local venues we're looking at (and actually, a bit cheaper to compared to some of them)

We aren't looking at getting married in MK, but a MK ceremony is a bit more expensive. It's a ten am ceremony, and there aren't any rides available. Also a bride I know is waiting to hear back if she'll even get to have her wedding in MK, I think she'll know for sure somewhere between 30-90 days out, and it depends on events going on and such.

We were joking that we'd like to have our reception held in the Tower of Terror courtyard, with the ride open. Having TOT open is $6500, and that doesn't cover site fee or food and beverage minimum. Weddings have to be either before park opening or two hours after park closed. The exception being private Illuminations viewings, which many brides do as a dessert party. Our plan is to actually use the Illuminations view as our cocktail hour, with our reception being held in Epcot as well. All told, we're looking at around $16k (the minimums vary, but run $10k-20k depending on the day of the wedding).

I wouldn't mind getting married on HM though ...

To my knowledge you can't actually get married inside any of the theme parks so I wonder where they got their info from. Sounds like they never even called or sent an email to make inquiries or they would have had this explained to them from the outset.

I got married in Epcot.

I love this!!! What a great idea not everyone has 60,000 bucks to get married there. There's no correct way to get married as long as their happy :) ...... I wonder if they remembered to bring their death certificate
Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We got married at Sea Breeze Point on the BoardWalk, had our dinner reception in the private wine room in Jiko and then an IllumiNations dessert party in Morocco....we didn't have the carriage, but we did have a Model A Ford...

All for less than 1/3 of $60000!!!

Swan boat landing is between the bridge to fantasyland and tomorrow land off of the hub. It is most definitely inside the park, with a gorgeous view of the castle.

DH arranged for vow renewals for us in that location for our 20th anniversary. It was a total surprise to me. We have pictures with the castle in the background and it was gorgeous!

Old Swan Boats loading dock in red circle labelled "Rose Garden" seen below.

DH arranged for vow renewals for us in that location for our 20th anniversary. It was a total surprise to me. We have pictures with the castle in the background and it was gorgeous!

Yes. It's the current FP+ reserved viewing area for for "Wishes" MK fireworks.

MK-Hub-N-RoseGrdn-070412.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter