• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

loop 2100

pooh4me

DIS Veteran
Cabin loop 2100 is being turned back into a RV loop. They have already removed some of the cabins.

Yep. They had removed one when I went through there end of March (#2107). I put a couple pix in the March trip report. Guess it's really happening. So I take it more cabins are now gone than just the one?

Bama Ed

HI B_E, they have begun removing all the lattice work around the cabins and disconnecting the water lines. The next step is jacking up and installing the tires and then moving. I will try and get some pics when things start moving along and post them.

]Only site with no cabin is 2107, they have started removing the skirting from some of the others. They have made it about half way around the loop.

I wonder where they are going to be staging the cabins they remove from 2100. They will probably be sold to somebody.

At least they won't be dumped in the WDW landfill like they did the submarines from the old Fantasyland ride 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Bama Ed

B-Ed, the cabins are being removed by an independent contractor who purchased all of them. They will be taken off property.

Wonder if they'll make the sites any bigger or leave them as is? I didn't really pay that much attention riding through that loop in the past and it was hard to tell with the cabins and porches there. Ed's picture from March didn't seem to show a lot of room to put a pad from what I could tell.

I wonder where they are going to be staging the cabins they remove from 2100. They will probably be sold to somebody.

At least they won't be dumped in the WDW landfill like they did the submarines from the old Fantasyland ride 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Bama Ed

One of the subs is in the Castaway Cay snorkeling lagoon. We saw it last year, really cool.

Anyone know why? Are the cabins not filling up? Will more loops be turned into camping loops?
I'm wondering this as well, especially since they charge way more per night for a cabin than a premium RV site. It all comes out to dollars and cents with The Mouse, so it must be financially motivated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter