Looks like they are testing magic band stuff at DL today!

I don't care about Magic Bands...but as a local, I DO care about FP+.
I don't want to go to the parks and not be able to ride anything without a 2 hour wait because all the FP's are already taken...and I don't plan my day trips months in advance!

I'm not a local but I agree with you about FP+. With the exception of dining, I don't plan my trips months in advance. I like being able to be spontaneous!

Actually, it was Mary Nivens who said MagicBands won't be coming to Disneyland anytime soon. Tom Staggs said, "...it was "possible" the use of the MagicBands will be enabled at parks outside of Walt Disney World. The company also is exploring if other wearable technology could offer some of the same functions as consumers adopt new products such as the Apple Watch."

Source: http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKM1KBN0O705S20150522?irpc=932
Actually, staggs has said it as well.

Like Iger, Staggs heralds how MyMagic+ will eventually spread to the other Disney theme parks. But when I press him on exactly what this means, Staggs says the company will roll out "variations on MyMagic+." He explains that this "doesn’t mean the MagicBand will be used in every [park]." MagicBand probably won’t come to Disneyland in Anaheim, California, because restructuring costs would be too high. Shanghai is expected to have such a high proportion of guests with smartphones, he says, that there wouldn’t be any need to export the MagicBand. A MyMagic+ app could essentially replace it.

Source is the fastcompany article about Disney from a few months ago. I'm on my phone, so can't link it. I will edit and add the link when I get to my tablet. A google of fastcompany and Disney article will bring it up though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter