Looking to Worry About the Weather Even More??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
We usually do our Disney trips well outside the window for hurricanes and tropical storms, but our trip, which starts next Thurs., is in the danger zone. So, in keeping with my inclination to obsess over trip details I have no control over, I've taken to monitoring the very formation of tropical depressions that may, in time, become a tropical storm that may, in time become a hurricane that may, in time threaten our trip. If you're going to WDW during this year's storm season and wish to join me in this masochistic endeavor, here's a link to a site that tracks such things:

http://www.met.fsu.edu/explores/tropical.html

Enjoy!!!

Bill From PA

We are about the "weather" also. We usually go in very safe December, rain seems to follow me where ever I go this year. (Okay, lots and lots of rain. More rain than I have ever seen type of weather has gotten me 2x this summer on vacations. So if there is a tropical anything I am sorry, they are attracted to me this year. )

Hi Bill from PA I am PA also......we are leaving this Saturday for Disney!!!! and I am watching the weather also......I just hope for a little less rain...especially on Thursday the 11 we are doing the MSSHP we have been to Disney many times and have "weathered" many bad storms and heat this will be our first time to go in October...Our daughter is down at Disney working and she says it is still "HOT" even at night....bring shorts mom no pants thats what she keeps telling me!!!!OH well we can not do anything about the weather......I saw the long range forcast for home next week and its going to get real cool here so it will be nice to be warm and lets hop for sunny!!!!!

Angie in PA

Bill,
We also leave for our trip to WDW next Thur, I would like to say thank you for giving me one more thing to obsess over! :woohoo:

Hey Bill -- thanks from another weather-obsessed Pennsylvanian! I know I shouldn't even look, but I can't help myself. I think I get it from my mother. There's nothing the woman loves like a good natural disaster.

I leave this wednesday (10th), and have been compulsively checking the weather channel's 10 day forecast. We're going to MNSSHP on the 11th and 12th--12th looks fine, but the 11th, sadly, looks like a stormer.

10th-30% chance of rain, isolated thunderstorms
11th-60% chance of rain, scattered thunderstorms
12th-20% chance of rain, sunny
13th-10% chance of rain, sunny

Nature's conspiring against us Oct 11th party-goers.

If you can't wait until 10 days out to start obsessing about the weather, accuweather.com has a 15 day look.

another pennsylvanian obsessing about the weather. My co-workers are getting tired of hearing it. We leave on the 10th and are hitting MNSSHP on the 11th and 14th. No big deal if its raining as long as it isn't storming. Fingers crossed for no tropical disturbances.

We are also leaving in 10 days and when I called to book the trip I made a comment about my Murphy's Law Life and it being hurricane season. The CM assured me Not to worry as there is a magical bubble over disney! pixiedust:

Feel better?
Mary

Gee, thanks, I thought I was doing well worrying on my own!:rotfl2: So, how come the weather channel, accuweather and Orlando local news channels (yes, I've been on Channel 6 today to check, so sad) all have different forecasts? Weather.com said it's raining right now, accuweather said it's partly sunny. I need to find a good hat for next week....

Link http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_atl.shtml

popcorn::

ABNT20 KNHC 041515
TWOAT
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1130 AM EDT THU OCT 4 2007

FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...

1. SHOWER AND THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY REMAINS MINIMAL IS ASSOCIATION WITH
A NON-TROPICAL AREA OF LOW PRESSURE OVER THE NORTH-CENTRAL GULF OF
MEXICO...AND THE RECONNAISSANCE MISSION SCHEDULED FOR THIS AFTERNOON
HAS BEEN CANCELED. HOWEVER...THERE IS STILL SOME POTENTIAL FOR
THIS SYSTEM TO BECOME A TROPICAL OR SUBTROPICAL DEPRESSION
DURING THE NEXT DAY OR SO AS IT MOVES GENERALLY WEST-NORTHWESTWARD
AT ABOUT 10 MPH. INTERESTS IN THE NORTHWESTERN GULF OF MEXICO
SHOULD CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM.

2. CLOUDINESS...SHOWERS...AND THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE WESTERN ATLANTIC
AND PORTIONS OF THE BAHAMAS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD AREA OF LOW
PRESSURE. THIS SYSTEM REMAINS DISORGANIZED...AND UPPER-LEVEL WINDS
HAVE BECOME LESS FAVORABLE. DEVELOPMENT...IF ANY...SHOULD BE SLOW
TO OCCUR AS THE SYSTEM MOVES SLOWLY SOUTHWESTWARD DURING THE NEXT
DAY OR TWO. THE RECONNAISSANCE MISSION SCHEDULED ON THE SYSTEM
THIS AFTERNOON HAS BEEN CANCELED.

3. AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE...ASSOCIATED WITH A TROPICAL WAVE...IS
LOCATED ABOUT 1050 MILES EAST OF THE SOUTHERN WINDWARD ISLANDS.
THIS SYSTEM HAS BECOME LESS ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS...AND
UPPER-LEVEL WINDS HAVE BECOME LESS FAVORABLE FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE
DEVELOPMENT.

4. THE REMNANTS OF TROPICAL DEPRESSION MELISSA ARE LOCATED ABOUT 1100
MILES EAST-SOUTHEAST OF BERMUDA. SIGNIFICANT REDEVELOPMENT IS NOT
EXPECTED DUE TO STRONG UPPER-LEVEL WINDS.

ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED DURING THE
NEXT 48 HOURS.

$$

FORECASTER BEVEN

i'm leaving on wednesday and if there isn't a hurricane in the forcast by the time i leave i won't be worring about that. i'm more concerned about having fun then the weather.:thumbsup2

We are about the "weather" also. We usually go in very safe December, rain seems to follow me where ever I go this year. (Okay, lots and lots of rain. More rain than I have ever seen type of weather has gotten me 2x this summer on vacations. So if there is a tropical anything I am sorry, they are attracted to me this year. )
Sooo, are you coming up to New England any time soon? We really need the rain!

Hi Bill from PA I am PA also......we are leaving this Saturday for Disney!!!! and I am watching the weather also......I just hope for a little less rain...especially on Thursday the 11 we are doing the MSSHP we have been to Disney many times and have "weathered" many bad storms and heat this will be our first time to go in October...Our daughter is down at Disney working and she says it is still "HOT" even at night....bring shorts mom no pants thats what she keeps telling me!!!!OH well we can not do anything about the weather......I saw the long range forcast for home next week and its going to get real cool here so it will be nice to be warm and lets hop for sunny!!!!!

Angie in PA

I'm from York, PA and we leave this Saturday too!! We are also doing MNSSHP on the 11th and I'm quite concerned about rain too!! We're getting a cool down too finally, and I'm only packing one pair of jeans per person. I don't mind the showers that they usually get as they rain for a little and then go away. It's terential down pours that I'm afraid of. We're taking the in-laws and they've never been to WDW before. I want their first trip to be great...not rain soaked! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Heather in PA

We live about an hour and half northeast of Orlando and I think you don't have anything to worry about. We get the Orlando news and I haven't heard anything about a storm. Last year we went during one of the hurricanes...they said it would hit the central Florida area but it didn't and we had a great time. The park was nearly empty and the weather was cloudy but no rain so the temps were wonderful. In fact DH and I this year have made Disney our Hurricane evaculation area since we are only 3 miles from the beach. We would much rather be there then at home when a storm hits:)

We usually do our Disney trips well outside the window for hurricanes and tropical storms, but our trip, which starts next Thurs., is in the danger zone. So, in keeping with my inclination to obsess over trip details I have no control over, I've taken to monitoring the very formation of tropical depressions that may, in time, become a tropical storm that may, in time become a hurricane that may, in time threaten our trip. If you're going to WDW during this year's storm season and wish to join me in this masochistic endeavor, here's a link to a site that tracks such things:

http://www.met.fsu.edu/explores/tropical.html

Enjoy!!!

Bill From PA

I spend a lot of time reading at www.flhurricane.com and they are watching several things in the tropics today, all with potential to develop into "something" :rolleyes:

We leave Saturday. It is what it is. I can't change it. I can be prepared.. but that's all at this point.

Sooo, are you coming up to New England any time soon? We really need the rain!

I have never been there but maybe after my WDW trip..... :rotfl2: We were in Rochester MN this past August when we recieved 10 1/2 inches in 24hrs. I have never, ever seen so much water. I have a new respect for flood warnings now and we were just glad to be able to get to high ground.

I dont think you want that much but maybe a few inches? :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter