• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking to change up our visit

There are Hidden Mickey Scavenger hunts at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge. Ask for them at the front desk. You can turn it in for a small prize. Eat at Sanaa and spend some time watching the animals, followed by completing the Hidden Mickey hunt there. Fun evening!

Progressive meal at the monorail resorts. Appetizer at one place. Drinks at another. Main course or desserts to follow.

Sea World.

Try something new. We had the same issue as you last year and decided to mix it up by going to a non Disney park for once. Was a GREAT change up. Sure it didn't have the "magic" of a Disney park, but it was an awesome day that we won't forget.

We did it on our first full day of the trip, so it really set last year apart right from the beginning.

Dan

We have learned to stop to see the street performers. All the parks and DD have entertainment not on the schedule that is great to see. The cop at HS gave my DH a ticket for leaning on the trash can. Since we have learned to slow down we have a lot of good times just sitting and watching the performers interact with the people. :love:

I've never actually been on Keys to the Kingdom, but it sounds like a fun time :) Something that sounds comparable to that tour would be the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour, if you're not up for something that long.

This is great, I showed my wife the thread and she is getting interested in many of these ideas. Feel free to add on!!!

I have great ideas on every park (and outside the park) except Hollywood Studios, any tips for there?

Possibly take a day off from going to a park and do something else like Downtown Disney or go to a beach.

I have great ideas on every park (and outside the park) except Hollywood Studios, any tips for there?

Be sure to take the time to seek out and enjoy the Streetmosphere characters. They're tons of fun!

The past couple trips we've had to take it slower because of my toddler, so moseying around has been a lot of fun instead of rush rush rush! Definitely explore the World Showcase better. There's so many little details that most people miss. Epcot in general you could wander around exploring for a whole day or more. Chill out at the Cool Station where the different cokes are. It's nice and cool in there and great for a short break. We usually walk from HS to Epcot instead of taking the boat, but both ways are great!

Exploring the resorts is a lot of fun, especially if you like taking pictures. Besides the monorail resorts, the Port Orleans resorts are beautiful and should not be missed.

AK has so many things to explore as well. There's little street shows going on all the time that we've stumbled across and watched.

Hope you have a slower, magical trip pixiedust:

Be sure to take the time to seek out and enjoy the Streetmosphere characters. They're tons of fun!

I agree - they are SO much fun! On one trip, DD & DN were laughing so hard at one of the street performances - I mean big, huge belly laughs - that I stood across from them & snapped dozens of pics of them while they were "in the moment". I edited them into a collage & they are some of my favorite pics from our trips, ever.

If you haven't done the Animation Studio at HS, maybe take some time for that. DH & DD thought I was crazy when I made them do this but they ended up LOVING it. It is also a nice break in the A/C. Best of all it that you keep your drawing so it's a unique keepsake.

HS is also the ONLY place on property that you can get the infamous Carrot Cake Cookies so if you're fans of that type of treat, maybe seek them out at the Writer's Shop. (But I'm biased... they are a family favorite :thumbsup2)

HS is so show oriented that we tend to snack our way around while we wait for shows. Pretzels while waiting for LMA, ice cream while waiting for Indiana, carrot cake cookies or pastries from Starring Rolls during B&TB.

Ah, animation studio, perfect, my daughters love to draw. Don't know how we missed that one, thanks.

Ah, animation studio, perfect, my daughters love to draw. Don't know how we missed that one, thanks.

One year I was lucky enough to get a class drawing the alien from Toy Story, DGS's favorite movie at the time. I was able to use my drawing as a template for his birthday cake that year. He LOVED IT!!!

It's always fun to try something new!

Some ideas that we have used:
1. Visiting all the monorail resorts and strolling through them, maybe stopping for a drink or a treat.;)

One thing about the monorail resort loop. Most people only have 3 stops on this loop, but we have 4. Start off at Poly, monrail to GF, monorail to CR but before going anyhere there, walk out to the boat dock and take the launch to WL. Spend some time there looking around or enjoying a libation at either Territory Lounge or Trout Pass. Watch the Geyser go off. Then reboard the launch back to CR and enjoy that fine resort. :banana:

And if one really wanted to add a fifth stop, the boat or walkway to Fort Wilderness is available from WL. :thumbsup2.

In fact, that would be a wonderful afternoon and evening with Hoopdedoo! pirate:

A lot of folks have already said what we do on our trips. The overall philosophy is to "stop and see everything on the way."

What does that mean:

Main Street - watch the Trolley show, stop and see the Dapper Dans, go through every store.

EPCOT - Innoventions do and see everything, JAMmitors (love them), All the bands around World Showcase - Off Kilter, Mo'Rockin, British Invasion, Mariachi band. Chinese acrobats (still there??). Walk through every country and see every film or attraction. Go through every store, talk to the Cast Members.

There's tons of stuff like that to do. We have always done it that way, so we don't get bored.

Fort Wilderness is a great way to spend an evening - dinner at Trail's End, sing-along show and move with Chip & Dale, Wishes on the beach, Electrical Water pageant on the beach too.

And now, thanks to you guys, I checked Fort Wilderness and they have horses and trial rides, well my girls went nuts when they saw that and I never knew about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter