Looking to buy but would like recommendations as to where to get the best resale deal

MissBri

Earning My Ears
Maybe it is asking a lot but I would love to hear from happy club owners on here as to where they purchased their resale points and got good prices. I am not looking to overpay and am just days into slogging my way through all the nuances that are associated with buying into the club. Thank you all in advance for your patience with another newbie. Technically I am already an owner but am in the process of canceling our contract as we are within the 10 days. I was so thrilled to find your group and start gathering information.

Fidelity seems to have the lowest prices and agents will present all offers. It will pay in the long run to look at all resale sites if another agency has the contract you are looking for.

We are happy owners who have bought direct and resale. Resale takes a whole lot longer and is fraught with various delays but the savings you get are well worth it.

Good luck finding your perfect contract!

Yes I found them on Ebay and talked to them this morning. I was curious what other reputable places are out there. Anyone can advertise on google and I found several contracts on Ebay that were passed due on fees or had mortgages still on them etc. I really dont want to deal with one of those:)

Prices are set by the seller, not the broker.

Start by learning all that you can about owning a DVC interest by reading the posts in the purchase threads.

Once you understand the product, you can start looking at contracts.

:earsboy: Bill

Any help is appreciated. I actually found the Timeshare Store on Ebay. it is habit to always check their first and then I expand. It gives me part of a base line. I was reading through the sales list forum that tells what people have paid thus far and that has helped some. I have a pretty good handle on the product as a point program owner with another resort group but prices very so much it seems as do stipulations and hang ups. Thank you all :)

IMO the timeshare store is great and you would have best service. Seller gives best buy if they want to sell bad enough.

I think you'll get the best deal with Fidelity, but you will have to be on them about customer service. Timeline with them may be longer than with TSS, but they were pleasant enough to work with. I find prices with the TSS store right now seem to be over inflated.

Take your time. I'd never buy a stripped contract and I'd never pay full asking.

When comparing asking prices keep in mind that Fidelity adds a $195 administrative fee, so that's another dollar or so per point in total cost in addition to closing costs and MF. Price per point and whether buyer or sellers pays MF, closing, etc. is of course negotiable. Prices have recently spiked up, it'll be interesting to see if that trend holds or if they settle down again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter