Looking one last times for Reviews - Port to MK

pjtm

DIS Veteran
I know it has been discussed 1000 times - but I am looking for one last round of reviews for transportation from the PORT to MK. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for 3 nights. We are a family of 5 - three small ones, ds7, ds4, dd2

I need to book something this week so I thought I would check one more time.

thanks!

You have 3 choices--rental car/van, DCL transfers, or a towncar service. Each has advantages and disadvantages re cost and convenience.

DCL transfers: $35 per person, so expensive for a family of 5. Easy--the porter will take your luggage to the bus where it will ride with you. You will wait till the bus fills up and may visit as many as 3 resorts. That's not bad if you are stop number 1, but gets old if you are number 3.

Rental car--cheapest option, but you have the hassle of taking a free shuttle to the rental place and later dropping the car at the location near WDW. This is great if you're a "do it yourself and save some $" person.

Towncar service--in my opinion, your best option. You tell them what time you want to be picked up. You get off the ship and go thru Customs. The porter will take your luggage to the area where the towncars pick up people and help load you directly into the car. You will then be driven to Wilderness Lodge. Most companies allow a 15 minute Wal-mart or other stop if desired (great if you've forgotten something). The cost is about the same as DCL transfers for 4, so you'll save a little money and have a direct run for YOU, not waiting on the rest of the WDW guests. There are lots of limo/towncar companies. I have personal experience with Happy Limo, Tiffany limo, and one other that I've been told to not mention on the boards. Would recommend any of the 3. Also, they will "deal" on prices, so if someone gives you a quote you like but can't give you the time...ask the next company if they can match the price.

Note: your 2 year old should be free on DCL transfers, so you'd only pay for 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter