Looking for website/forum to hang on re: home, $, food...

Silent1CB

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for a new website / forum to hang out on.

Looking for money saving household tips.
New & easy recipes.
Organizing ideas - not for stuff - but just life in general.
Inexpensive decorating wouldn't hurt either to change up a room.

All about home!

But keeping it all light in reading or watching short video clips.
Not a board or website all about one thing, like couponing, but a good broad range for the Domestic Goddess. Not the obsessed D.G. either. :goodvibes

I know how to do all this stuff, just need a refresher, a spark, a jump start now that spring is here.

The DIS is great, but looking for something new I think. Like minded people. Here, I think I get sucked into spending too much.

I visit the message boards on ivillage.com now and then. The only other one I really go to other than dis is splitcoaststampers, but that is a stamping and scrapbooking site.

You can also go to this site, it lists different message boards.
http://www.big-boards.com/

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I spend quite a bit of time on the budget forum here on the Dis.

I know about flylady. I'll check out the other suggestions too.

Unfortunately, I find the Budget Board here to be all about shopping. Not exactly what I'm looking for. ;)

I was hoping you would get more replies to your question, because I've been looking for the same thing. Not just budget or cooking but more general raising kids household kinda stuff.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, there used to be one I hung around and posted too for a long while but there was allot of fighting and such then went paid and got relgious to an almost militant degree......sooo I'm now looking for someplace to hang around and be able to visit and get inspiration for doing things around the house.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. :goodvibes Gave those website a quick glance, and they are going in my favorites.

I think if I start visiting them routinely, some of it might start rubbing off & changing my mindset, which is what I need. :flower3:

Perhaps I'll trade some of my wasted time on the DIS for more productive time on those sites to get back in the groove. :thumbsup2

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/

I just love gardenweb. Maybe you'll find what you're looking for there. I love their home decorating forum!

I was also going to mention gardenweb. I started reading the kitchen forum there when we remodeled our kitchen, since then I have also visited the home decorating, cooking, remodeling, and organizing the home forums. Lots of helpful info there!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter