Looking for used Disney Princess costumes, inexpensive

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I have been bidding on ebay, but do not want to pay a lot for costumes my DD1 (will be 23 months when we go) will wear probably only once. I have a few from last year, but they are somewhat snug on her now. Other than ebay, where can I buy inexpensive (translation=cheap) used disney princess costumes for DD? I don't have much time to keep checking garage sales, or that would be the first place I would look. I have not seen them at the flea market I go to. Any ideas or anyone want to sell the ones your DD has grown out of?

I don't know if you think $20.00 is a lot or not? I bought my daughter, 3, a dress at Walmart (they have the same at Target). They are absolutely adorable. They have Snow White, Aurora and Cinderella. Definitely worth the trip. When she wore hers to Disney everyone paid so much attention to her she didn't want to take it off. I think that they even had her believing that she is a real princess.

try Partyplace or someother place that sells party stuff. They may have leftover costumes. Put an ad in the paper.

Walmart and Target have princess dress for $20. DD got the Cinderella one for her 2nd birthday - she is a shorty so I cut about 4 inches off the bottom and she was all set. She plays dress up alot so we definately got our $$$ worth.

If you have time and transporation on your vacation visit the outlet malls. They usually have princess dresses.

Have you checked out your local consignment shops or cosingment sales sponsered by churches and mom's clubs? Consignment sales or tag sales are great for buying and selling used but still in great condition clothes. I sold DD's princess costumes that she no longer fits into at our church's consignment sale. I was able to pick up a Pocahantos, Esmerelda, and Tinker Belle costumes for her through my mom's organizations's consignment sale. She loves to play dress-up so these are great places to pick up these type of clothes.

There was a thread the other day about somewhere having costumes on sale, I can't remember for sure, but I think it was Lillian Vernon? I do remember a post under the thread that someone had gotten a Cindy costume.

Good luck, I'm looking for an inexpensive Buzz Lightyear one and can't find that either!

Since your daughter is so young, she probably won't notice or fuss if you just slit the old ones up the back and add some ribbon ties on them. Then she can wear her dress over her t-shirt and shorts, easily take it off when eating, or some other activity where it might get in the way. If you don't want to try and sew the ribbons on, they can be pinned on with those little gold color pins.

Last year in August they got some fantastic princess costumes in at both Costco and Bj's wholesale. I think they were about 25 but he detail was fantastic. If you do a search you will find the thread and there are more details about where to get princess costumes

I was at the Disney Outlet store a little over a week ago and they had tons of them. I only have small boys (and a big girl), so I didn't look closely or check prices. The fireman costume I got was $7.99. I'd be happy to look for you, but I'm headed for vacation on Friday and won't be back up there for a while. I live about an hour from the store.

Sheila

I'll try to call the store and see if they can ship. Is it a catalog outlet store? Thanks!

She is pretty tall, though. I am looking for 2-4 or 4-6. She is wearing 2/3 in regular t's and shorts from the disney store now, and they're slightly roomy.

I have the 18m costumes I will be putting on ebay in a few months. I'm looking for the same sizes you are! I really need a Cinderella costume for my dd's 3rd birthday party in Sept.!

frannn,

Yes, this was the Disney Catalog Outlet in Pigeon Forge TN. I don't have their number handy, but I've found them on the web. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Sheila

What a great idea!!! Once I looked on ebay for some princess costumes but didn't see any (we're going at Halloween). What are they listed under? I have a Belle costume from the World of Disney in Downtown Disney that I would like to sell.

The ones from Costco came out around August and they were quite nice. I hope they have them again.

Those costumes on LTD are so cute, I ordered a catalog. That would be a great gift for my 4 yr. old. Does anyone know if they run big/small? She can wear it for Halloween and WDW in May ! Thanks for the info. !! :wave:

Originally posted by frannn
She is pretty tall, though. I am looking for 2-4 or 4-6. She is wearing 2/3 in regular t's and shorts from the disney store now, and they're slightly roomy.

I have a Sleeping Beaty/Aurora costme that was from Target that is a size 3-6. It is in great condition except there is a large rip on the seam of the collar.

If you are able to sow (which I can't, not even on seams) and willing to pay the shipping, you can have it. I don't know if you had your heart set on another princess, but it is a really cute costume. I also have the crown that goes with it. See Ebay photos Below:

eBayISAPI.dll
eBayISAPI.dll

PM me if your interested.

;) :D ,
Katie

I don't know anything about the ltd commodities sizes but FYI the Costco dresses are exactly the same as the ones from Lillian Vernon and they run large- the quality is excellent. I was in WDW last week and looking at dresses in gift shops and World Of Disney and the quality was as good or better than $100 dresses there. My DD has Snaw White and it is lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter