Looking for Tinkerbell

middlepat

Dis Dad Member #325
Hi all.

I need some expert advice.

We are heading to the World in mid January and we have a 2 y.o. daughter who is all about Tinkerbell. (her bedding is Tinkerbell, is getting the dress-up outfit for Christmas, etc.)

I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is anywhere we can find Tinkerbell for pictures/meet and greet?

I know about the keyhole in Tinkerbell's Treasures.

Thanks!

I dont think Tink's ever been available but I heard they were making an area where you walk in and get "shrunken" to Tink's size for a meet and greet.

Sorry, at this time, there is no meet-and-greet Tinkerbelle. There have been rumors of finally having her as a meetable character, but nothing so far. Would be great to finally get her out there, though!

I'm a huge Tink fan too. There is a great shop at MGM that features mostly Tink merchandise. Of course, Tink can be seen flying before the fireworks. You can ask a Photopass photographer to "capture" Tink in your picture. They'll have your DD put her hands out as if holding Tink, then on their computer they will place Tink in her hand.

I've heard rumor of a Tink meet and greet, but have never actually witnessed one.

I wish there was a way to meet her. I took my daughter to see Disney Princesses on Ice for her birthday, and Tink was there, skating around. Makes it hard to explain why she can't see her in the park.

It may be due to the "provocative" outfit she wears. LOL

It is a family place ya know.

I myself love the mystery surrounding Tink. She has that naughty-nice attitude. Kinda sexy!

If she were to appear I would think there would be just as many grown men waiting for a picture as little girls. :lovestruc :tongue: :tinker:

That is one HOT Fairy!

henrylovespooh said:
I wish there was a way to meet her. I took my daughter to see Disney Princesses on Ice for her birthday, and Tink was there, skating around. Makes it hard to explain why she can't see her in the park.

I took my nieces to see the show this past Saturday, I was so excited that they had Tink as such a featured part of the show. I'm a huge Tink fan so it was a lot of fun for me. I can be worse than the kids some times. LOL

TInkerbelle is very small and flies very fast ( she is about the sie of a humming bird) so she is very hard to see in the parks, she is also very busy spreading pixie dust everywhere to help keep the Disney Magic working, but if you look around you can see where she has been (usually a little homemade pixie dust works here I make mine with a trip to a craft store some very fine glitter of gold,silver and red mixed in a small zip lock bag have it already on your finger and touch her on the shoulder or arm) "Look she has already visited you" or some times you can see it on the railings when you are waitn in line. ;) :) :tinker: :tink:

edcrbnsoul said:
TInkerbelle is very small and flies very fast ( she is about the sie of a humming bird) so she is very hard to see in the parks, she is also very busy spreading pixie dust everywhere to help keep the Disney Magic working, but if you look around you can see where she has been (usually a little homemade pixie dust works here I make mine with a trip to a craft store some very fine glitter of gold,silver and red mixed in a small zip lock bag have it already on your finger and touch her on the shoulder or arm) "Look she has already visited you" or some times you can see it on the railings when you are waitn in line. ;) :) :tinker: :tink:

That is a very cool idea! Well done edcrbnsoul!

If Tink is a meet greet character without fake large head mask, heck, like someone said, I will be there in line to get her autograph :) Don't tell my wife ....

wecroozin said:
It may be due to the "provocative" outfit she wears. LOL

It is a family place ya know.

I myself love the mystery surrounding Tink. She has that naughty-nice attitude. Kinda sexy!

If she were to appear I would think there would be just as many grown men waiting for a picture as little girls. :lovestruc :tongue: :tinker:

That is one HOT Fairy!

Couldn't be any worse that what Ariel wears... :lmao:

Tink is everywhere. ;)

I really like the above idea with the glitter pixie dust.

There is no meet-and-greet Tinker Bell due to her small size and the fact that kids would always be asking her to fly. But when they do figure out a way to do a Tink meet-and-greet, I got dibs on being best friends with Tinker Bell. I'm 4'11" and 93lbs, so I'd be perfect. :)

There is a store at MK in Fantasy Land..can't remember the name of it.

There's a little box in the store - when you open it, "tinkerbell" flies out...it's a stream of glittering lights....

I've read in the guide books that if you're the first person in the store in the morning, then you can be the first to open the box and let Tink fly out... I do have a picture of it...but I'm terrible at attaching pics on these things.

I would be happy to email you a copy of the pic...I DO know how to do that!

Then, there's also one of the stores in DTD that has a huge tinkerbell section...??World of Disney - maybe??

edcrbnsoul said:

On the DME ride to WDW, our DD4 noticed that the floor was "sparkly." I explained that Tink must have been there and left pixie dust! Well, ever since then (10/21/06, to be exact!) every time DD sees something that sparkles she says that Tink was there. pixiedust:

Tinker Bell will be appearing in the parade for the Princess and Pirate parties.

wdwdancerwannabe said:
There is a store at MK in Fantasy Land..can't remember the name of it.

There's a little box in the store - when you open it, "tinkerbell" flies out...it's a stream of glittering lights....

I've read in the guide books that if you're the first person in the store in the morning, then you can be the first to open the box and let Tink fly out... I do have a picture of it...but I'm terrible at attaching pics on these things.

I would be happy to email you a copy of the pic...I DO know how to do that!

Then, there's also one of the stores in DTD that has a huge tinkerbell section...??World of Disney - maybe??

Its called Tinkerbell Treasures. If you walk through Cinderella's Castle (from the front gate) it will be on the left right behind the castle.

When you walk into the store...........there is a bureau on the left. Peek through the keyhole and wait. Tinkerbell flies around the store (in the way of lights that flash across the ceiling) and will land in the bureau, where you see a flash of light through the keyhole (that flash of light is Tink).

If you are the first child (boy or girl) there when the stores open you can ask a Cast Member if you can "Wake Tinkerbell Up"...............they give a sword for boys and a wand for girls......and they tap the bureau and wake up Tink...who "flies" around the store..............via the lights.

Whenever there is a light moving on the wall or ceiling or interior of the car, my kids yell "Tinkerbell"! My husband told them it was Tinkerbell when my DD was 2. DD7 now and DS5 are still doing it. I'm sure my DD8mos will be doing as well.

Thanks everyone for the insights and responses.

I was hoping that with the new Disney Faries push that maybe there would be a photo opportunity with the Pixies.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter