Looking for the new 2016 cruises? Q1/16 On sale now!

I just finished by first cruise and booked an onboard for next fall. But, we would like to change it to spring 2016. My date I have to disembark for the 18 month rule is April 9, 2016. My plan was a spring break cruise (our spring break is usually around easter. What were the blackout dates for spring 2015 cruises to transfer onboard booked cruises? My plan may not work

From what I can tell, 3rd and 4th person's rates never change from day 1. Our current cruise has went up $1200 but our 3rd person rate has not changed from our early booking rate to what it is now.

I have seen 3/4th rates increase and a range quoted.

It's already booked as a dummy booking, so I need to transfer it. I've had nothing but great experiences with Costco Travel thus far. Just wondering if anyone has transferred an on-board booking as a Gold/Platinum member? Thanks!

Since you've already transferred to Costco, you don't have a choice but to call them tomorrow. Posts here have said that the TA has to call to DCL then stay on hold with the client.
This will be the first time we can call in on day one so I was wondering a couple of things...

How long should I anticipate being on hold if I call when they open? ...

It really depends when they call. The hold time can range from 5 minutes if you are lucky right away to a couple hours.

There is a thread set up for tomorrow linked in my signature. That is where people who do get through and get pricing from DCL will post. I'll update the post for each ship throughout the day.

I received an email from DCL at 2:06 today regarding the release available to gold & platinum tomorrow. It notes that they will be available at 8 a.m. October 29. The 9 a.m. time on their earlier release didn't make sense based on past history. More than likely it was just a typo. It also says "Limit one stateroom per eligible Castaway Club number per sailing. Please have your Castaway Club number ready to confirm eligibility"

I received an email from DCL at 2:06 today regarding the release available to gold & platinum tomorrow. It notes that they will be available at 8 a.m. October 29. The 9 a.m. time on their earlier release didn't make sense based on past history. More than likely it was just a typo. It also says "Limit one stateroom per eligible Castaway Club number per sailing. Please have your Castaway Club number ready to confirm eligibility"

I would agree it could be a typo, and if booking direct try from 8am historically its been that, but also this is what the DCL site is currently posting re Thursday.

DCL SEARCH by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

Can anyone offer any insight as to why the Magic and the Dream are sailing similar itineraries?
We'd be looking for a March Break sailing, but prefer 7 days. My quick look at the schedules means we'd simply be left with the Fantasy as an option.
Aha, maybe that's the reason!

I would agree it could be a typo, and if booking direct try from 8am historically its been that, but also this is what the DCL site is currently posting re Thursday.

Perhaps it is allowing them the extra hour to get the site online Thursday since there usually are issues with getting their server up and running when people start calling at 8 a.m. The email says you can book starting at 8 a.m. Wednesday, so there won't be a ton of additional hits on the server through the website since everyone has to call in.

We can only sail Presidents Day week or Easter week. What a disappointment AGAIN! Same old, same old. Only the cruises out of San Juan look good and the timing of them doesn't work for us.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this question, but it does apply to new release dates for 2016. Looking at Eastern Caribbean for 2 adults and 2 kids on the Fantasy. Some questions:
Lowest prices for either September (second week to mid-month), late April (23rd I think I read), or early or late May?

We want a balcony room. Just did Aug 30th W. Caribbean this year and loved it. Weather was great and warm water for swimming.

The only drawback for September is by 2016 my youngest will be starting school so then we'd be pulling both kids out of school for the week. The school has been very good about this at this point, so it's still an option.

If you book opening day prices, are in season prices ever close to out of season?
Any advantages to cruising in April/May timeframe as opposed to September other than it being hurricane season?

Well I am disappointed! I thought there would be at least a few Jan 2016 cruises out of Galveston before the Wonder moved on. :sad2: I have no interest in sailing out of San Juan. Maybe its time to try the Princess Emerald out of Houston. Dad loves Princess and the Emerald is his favorite ship.

I took my first cruise ever on the Magic to the Southern Caribbean in October. It was amazing! The ports were wonderful! I was disappointed to see that in January 2016, all of the Southern Caribbean itineraries are during school, so I won't get to go back that year. For anyone who is not limited by school calendars, I highly recommend that itinerary. It is very special. They removed St.Lucia which is a great spot, but Martinique sounds fabulous, too.

Can anyone offer any insight as to why the Magic and the Dream are sailing similar itineraries?
We'd be looking for a March Break sailing, but prefer 7 days. My quick look at the schedules means we'd simply be left with the Fantasy as an option.
Aha, maybe that's the reason!

DCL has contracts with certain ports and minimum use, Aldo they have to be able to get to these ports from the home port and back without too much sailing and sea days, lastly the weather dictates that the best place to cruise in winter is the Caribbean. Using up agreed port slots in winter means they can sail away in the summer, the old saying is use it or loose it, if DCL do not call other cruise lines get those slots.

Perhaps it is allowing them the extra hour to get the site online Thursday since there usually are issues with getting their server up and running when people start calling at 8 a.m. The email says you can book starting at 8 a.m. Wednesday, so there won't be a ton of additional hits on the server through the website since everyone has to call in.

Agree.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this question, but it does apply to new release dates for 2016. Looking at Eastern Caribbean for 2 adults and 2 kids on the Fantasy. Some questions:
Lowest prices for either September (second week to mid-month), late April (23rd I think I read), or early or late May?

We want a balcony room. Just did Aug 30th W. Caribbean this year and loved it. Weather was great and warm water for swimming.

The only drawback for September is by 2016 my youngest will be starting school so then we'd be pulling both kids out of school for the week. The school has been very good about this at this point, so it's still an option.

If you book opening day prices, are in season prices ever close to out of season?
Any advantages to cruising in April/May timeframe as opposed to September other than it being hurricane season?

Lowest prices are in September, as you state the weather conditions, next year is predicted to be a quiet storm season, the following year 2016 an active one. April Msy are more expensive, book first day for the best prices.

I took my first cruise ever on the Magic to the Southern Caribbean in October. It was amazing! The ports were wonderful! I was disappointed to see that in January 2016, all of the Southern Caribbean itineraries are during school, so I won't get to go back that year. For anyone who is not limited by school calendars, I highly recommend that itinerary. It is very special. They removed St.Lucia which is a great spot, but Martinique sounds fabulous, too.

I have sailed these ports on Princess cruises as DCL didn't do them, they are greet ports, I prefer St Lucia but some port trips had bad reviews, Martinique is very very French a different feel, very posh and chic, not as relaxed as other ports.

We can only sail Presidents Day week or Easter week. What a disappointment AGAIN! Same old, same old. Only the cruises out of San Juan look good and the timing of them doesn't work for us.

Well I am disappointed! I thought there would be at least a few Jan 2016 cruises out of Galveston before the Wonder moved on. :sad2: I have no interest in sailing out of San Juan. Maybe its time to try the Princess Emerald out of Houston. Dad loves Princess and the Emerald is his favorite ship.

I think that they want to be based around thee home in Florida snd gave contracts with Caribbean ports that they have to meet a certain number of calls on or loose thrm yo other lines. As DCL is often considered expensive they like to offer a number of shorter therefore cheaper options, thst Aldo appeal to Florida residents that can have a quick getaway.

And for 4/5/6/7 night cruises they are limited as to where they can get yo before Turinng back, Q1/ cruises by nature and westher are limited to the Caribbean re the weather, and so the options may seem a bit same old same old, but they gave added new ports like Tortola.

With four ships they will never please everyone, the summer schedules are the ones that are far more interesting.

We took one in March 2012 ,I was hoping they would have another DD in March. We really can't afford to go in summer.

I tried to book one of the new itineraries this morning and was told, via my Costco cruise rep, that Disney would not honor the 10% OBB if I changed my date. This has never been my experience before. This is my first change to this OBB. I'm calling Disney directly to confirm.

I tried to book one of the new itineraries this morning and was told, via my Costco cruise rep, that Disney would not honor the 10% OBB if I changed my date. This has never been my experience before. This is my first change to this OBB. I'm calling Disney directly to confirm.

I just transferred an OBB this morning, and the 10% transferred. It was the S. Carib, so it was a new itinerary. The OBC also transferred.

My guess is that the sailing you are wanting to transfer it to is a Blackout Date, therefore DCL does not allow any OBB discounts, etc.

HTHs!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter