Looking for the best sunscreen

Carriesouthard

Mouseketeer
Hi all!!! Any recommendations for a great, non-greasy sunscreen? We are from CT and I normally just get whatever is on sale! Need it for myself, dh, dd's ages 6, 7, 8...TIA 23 days...

At least SPF 70.

Coppertone-Nutrashield_93310D1E.jpg

I would recommend waterbabies. I buy the 70 or 100 spf. We have lived in south florida for over 2 years now and that is the only sunblock that works on my entire family. All of us are very fair complected and burn easily. The lotion works much better than the spray. I have tried many other lotions but that is the only one I buy now.
Have a great trip...

I get a SPF 50 from Hawiiann tropics, Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration. It is very creamy, a little bit goes a long way and it smelsl wonderful! My skin is actually soft after I put this on I love it!

Another vote for Neutrogena Dry Touch. :thumbsup2 Picked ours up at Costco in a multi-pack that had 2 bottles plus two purse-size. :teeth:

When I loved in Houston ( same climate as Orlando) we liked to use. The alcohol based sunscreens in spray or gel form. The alcohol dries quickly and doesn't leave a greesey feel. It can dry out your skin though. Now that we live in a much drier climate, the alcohol based sunscreens dry our skin out too much.

My whole family uses waterbabies also. I haven't tried a ton of others because that one works so well for us.

we use soleo or jason and the kids use badger. We only like using the organic brangs since a lot of those grocery store brands have strange chemicals.

BullFrog. Same ingredient as Neutragena, but a bigger bottle. The dry touch is nice, but you'd need one of those tiny bottles each day for a family.

We use Neutrogena as well, but the important thing to remember (says my dermatologist) is apply BEFORE you are in the sun-in the room about a 1/2 hour before you leave. If you're applying sunscreen in line, it's better than nothing, but you are already damaging your skin.

Our dermatologist recommends Neutrogena or Aveeno SPF 55. She said once you get past SPF 55 there isn't much difference in quality. The key to sunscreen use is to reapply often, especially when swimming or sweating.

Spray sunscreens are not as good as lotions as much of the spray ends up in the air rather than on your skin.

Our dermatologist recommends Neutrogena or Aveeno SPF 55. She said once you get past SPF 55 there isn't much difference in quality. The key to sunscreen use is to reapply often, especially when swimming or sweating.

Spray sunscreens are not as good as lotions as much of the spray ends up in the air rather than on your skin.

I beg to differ. :) I live in Miami and love Bullfrog spray sunscreen. It is very easy to miss spots when you're rubbing in a thick cream. The spray is easy to apply and rubs into your skin in no time. I use Aveeno 70 spf cream on my face and always have DH or one of the kids telling me I have a white streak somewhere. Rubbing in the cream takes time and that is hard to comeby when you're racing to get to the parks by rope drop.

DH hates the feel of the sprays and simply does a swipe of sunscreen across his nose and cheeks. A t-shirt and long shorts provide some sun protection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter