Looking for teen friendly, crowd friendly recipes!

tinkamom

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
I'm planning a sweet sixteen party for my daughter and would love to hear new ideas for the menu. Tell me all about your party favorites!

For different teen parties in the past we've done the usual pizzas, hamburgers & hot dogs, or taco bars. We served them with all with the normal accompaniments.

One of the best responses was when I made a really simple vegie tray (meaning not "fancy" vegies", heavy on carrots and celery) and in addition to the typical ranch dressing I put out small bowls of peanut butter, cream cheese and raisins. The kids were having such a good time making "bugs on a log" and reminiscing about their younger days. It was really cute. There was also a fruit tray and I couldn't believe everything that was smeared with peanut butter.

We've also done make your own brownie ice cream sundae bars or fun cupcakes instead of cake quite a few times.

Ah, memories of good times with the kids! Enjoy your time!

I saw a great recipe on recipezaar - try their Once a Month Cooking but serve the lot up at once!

My DS is going to be sweet sixteen in a couple of weeks - he just wants the family to come and give him his loot and go away again (preferably not eating any of the cake!). Maybe its different with boys.

For different teen parties in the past we've done the usual pizzas, hamburgers & hot dogs, or taco bars. We served them with all with the normal accompaniments.

One of the best responses was when I made a really simple vegie tray (meaning not "fancy" vegies", heavy on carrots and celery) and in addition to the typical ranch dressing I put out small bowls of peanut butter, cream cheese and raisins. The kids were having such a good time making "bugs on a log" and reminiscing about their younger days. It was really cute. There was also a fruit tray and I couldn't believe everything that was smeared with peanut butter.

We've also done make your own brownie ice cream sundae bars or fun cupcakes instead of cake quite a few times.

Ah, memories of good times with the kids! Enjoy your time!

Great idea! I can see my daughter and her friends having fun with the "bugs on a log"

I saw a great recipe on recipezaar - try their Once a Month Cooking but serve the lot up at once!

My DS is going to be sweet sixteen in a couple of weeks - he just wants the family to come and give him his loot and go away again (preferably not eating any of the cake!). Maybe its different with boys.

I sure wouldn't know, I have three girls!

Wow! I just checked out recipezaar. The OAMC recipes are just what I need since they can be prepared ahead and still taste good. Have you tried any of the recipes? Do you have any favorites?

Haven't tried any yet - tell a lie, I did their one with sort of pizza filling in baguettes. It was a bit fiddly, some of the others look easier:thumbsup2 I haven't tried the others but frequently freeze lasagnes, bolognaise (cook the pasta fresh) etc. Also try Betty Crocker for some slow cooker recipes which will stand fr a few hours - hot dips etc.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter