Looking for suggestions on places to stay close to WDW.

Tiggerlovinggrandma

Mouseketeer
DH and I are planning a vacation next March to WDW to celebrate our grandson's 5th birthday. It will be for 7 days. We will be traveling with the little guy, our daughter 25 and her fiance 30. So 5 in all. Looking for a place that is affordable, can house all of us with seperate bedrooms and baths. We are open to all suggestions.

Spring break is a busy time and the Disney resorts cost more. Unless you can spend more a night, I would advise you to look into a extended stay hotel in the area so you can have 2 bed rooms.
As for your grandsons BD, you might check out Disney Quest it a good place to have a party.

Yes, I was just looking at the Disney resorts. Even with free dining the rates are high (2 rooms).:sad2: So I will need to look off site. Thanks for the help!! I will look into Disney Quest too as I am also looking for places to hold a B/day party. We have family near the area that want to help celebrate but buying a park ticket may not be an option for them so I'm ooking for other alternatives.

Fort Wilderness has a pavilion that can be rented to have a cook out / pool party. They also have a sing-a-long, campfire / movie every night.
You may want to check out the cabins at FW as well. Have your family here rent in their name and get Fl discount. I make my res a year in advance and watch for the Fl residents rates and then call in and get my room for less.

DH and I are planning a vacation next March to WDW to celebrate our grandson's 5th birthday. It will be for 7 days. We will be traveling with the little guy, our daughter 25 and her fiance 30. So 5 in all. Looking for a place that is affordable, can house all of us with seperate bedrooms and baths. We are open to all suggestions.

Well you certainly are on the right thread for advice. If Disney is already ruled out, you now have basically 3 options:

1) A hotel with two adjoining rooms or a suite. There are only a couple that ever seem to get recommended here.

2) A timeshare resort. There are many high end resorts in the Disney area, and the popular ones get talked about here alot. Wyndham Bonnet Creek is by far the most popular; but Hilton (Grand Vacation Club), Sheraton (Vistana Resort or Village) and Marriott all manage really good resorts in the area where you should be able to find a 2BR unit for your price level. Amenity levels are pretty high at these resorts (pools, tennis, play areas), and space would be roughly double or more what you have at a hotel, including full kitchen and laundry. Most only come with mid-week housekeeping. Note that most of these resorts can be booked through their managing chain, but it is often cheaper to rent a week directly from an owner.

3) Vacation home developments like Windsor Hills. These are private vacation homes that get rented out on a weekly basis. You often get a private pool and lots of space, but there is often an expectation that the unit is left clean for the next tenant, and extra charges can sneak in (i.e. pool heat).

Spend some time researching what type of accommodation you what before you start to zero in on the actual unit. Also remember that you will need a car (rental or your own), and will have to pay for daily parking at Disney. Even with the extra costs, staying offsite is usually much less expensive than staying onsite in a similar sized accommodation.

We stayed at Floridays on I drive, we had a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment, but there were 3 beds too,was a drive to disney but not too far. Would recommend it! Hope you have a great time x

We're staying in a 5 bedroom pool home starting next Friday:goodvibes It is in the Indian Creek subdivision about 3 miles from Disney property. Her rates are $625/week plus taxes.

http://www.vrbo.com/229838

We just booked a suite at Residence Inn LBV for $169/nt for the week before Christmas. They have 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, a full kitchen and a living area with a sofa bed. The hotel offers a complimentary buffet breakfast and is on Marbella PalmCourt, very close to the Hotel Plaza Blvd entrance to WDW.

You could check out the Lake Buena Vista area hotels, I've heard they are affordable, and most if not all have shuttles to the parks. You are right next to Downtown Disney and could opt for a bday party dinner at a restaurant there.
Not sure how many people would attend, outside of the 5 of you...but WDW has mini golf too !! And don't forget the Lego store !!

We're staying at Buena Vista Suites in October. I've never stayed there so I can't comment other than to say it gets good reviews.

I'm curious to hear what others recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter