Looking For Some Special/Secret Locations To Enjoy WISHES From!

manooly

Mouseketeer
Hello All! This will be the first time going to Magic Kingdom and not having the Dessert Party to enjoy Wishes from. I'm just curious of any special/secret locations that people use to enjoy Wishes from that isn't too crowded. We spoiled ourselves by doing the Dessert Party the last five years. I'm actually looking forward to enjoying Wishes from a different perspective. Any tips/information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

POLY Beach.

I actually preferred the fireworks from far away as you got to see the big picture, but mom liked being right underneath all the lights and sounds in the park.

My stepdad liked it both ways.

I was actually in the back of the castle one night during fireworks, that was interesting because they were going off in front of me and behind me, it was like a really loud tennis match. :)

Overheard a CM at Aloha Isle saying that his favorite spot to watch is from the treehouse. We didn't give it a try but we did watch the projections on the castle from there and only a few people passed through during that time.

I love watching Wishes from Fantasyland, particularly on the bridge by Be Our Guest. You see the fireworks shot off from behind Beast's Castle but you can also see the fireworks shot off from Cinderella's castle area too! It's a 360-degree firework experience. :)

I love watching Wishes from Fantasyland, particularly on the bridge by Be Our Guest. You see the fireworks shot off from behind Beast's Castle but you can also see the fireworks shot off from Cinderella's castle area too! It's a 360-degree firework experience. :)

Our 40th anniversary is today and we have an ADR at BOG tonight. We were trying to decide where to watch the fireworks from - thanks for the suggestion!

I know you said you hate crowds (I do too) but watching from Main street is pretty magical. Especially for the little kids. You have to do it atleast once. Having said that, our favourites in order are:

1) Beach at Poly. Not sure how the construction is going to affect this spot but we're heading there in 2 weeks so I guess we'll see then. I would recommend walking back to the TTC if you've parked there. It'll be faster than the monorail by far!

2) On the ferry. Wait at the dock till just before Wishes starts and grab a spot at the rear of the boat. It is less crowded and a totally different perspective. Some of the skippers will even slow down/stop in the middle of the lagoon so you can take it all in. Plus you beat all the crowds to the TTC.

Beach at Poly. Not sure how the construction is going to affect this spot but we're heading there in 2 weeks so I guess we'll see then. I would recommend walking back to the TTC if you've parked there. It'll be faster than the monorail by far!

The beach to the west (Luau Cove) is well away from the construction.

Poly-TTC-Basic_050614_zpsc1d566cb.jpg

Our 40th anniversary is today and we have an ADR at BOG tonight. We were trying to decide where to watch the fireworks from - thanks for the suggestion!

UPDATE: DH needed to sit and they were starting as we were walking by the Carousel. So we sat outside at Pinnochios Village Haus (across from the Carousel) and we really enjoyed it. It was harder to see both those shot from Cinderella's Castle and those shot from behind the beast's castle at the same time without neck-swiveling, but most of the display is actually fired off from behind the Beast's castle and we had a great view of those.

NOTE: you can't see the projections on the castle for Celebrate the Magic from there, but we snagged a bench on the porch of Crystal Palace for the 2nd showing of Celebrate, and that's a great spot for both that and Wishes if one is available.

Definitely not secret but the best place we have watched Wishes from is the California Grill. My other favorite is Astro Orbiter right when fireworks were going off. We didn't aim for this, it was just timed perfectly.

1) Beach at Poly. Not sure how the construction is going to affect this spot but we're heading there in 2 weeks so I guess we'll see then. I would recommend walking back to the TTC if you've parked there. It'll be faster than the monorail by far!

We were there about 2 weeks ago and the construction is a non event for fireworks viewing except that the second speaker is behind the wall so the sound is a little more muffled if you are on that side of the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter