Looking for some ideas

Boo'sMom

<font color=teal>Talks to the people in LK's head<
As you may...or may not know.....my weakness, and my biggest challenge every week comes on Sunday afternoon....deemed "race day" and "race day snacks" are our staples of the day.
Last week I did pretty well, and didn't go overboard with race-day snacks...but this week we are going to friends' house for the race, and of course we all have to bring a snack.
I need an idea for a low point snack, that will not "appear" low points....basically what I'm saying, is I need some sort of party food that I can bring, that ISN'T a veggie and low-fat dip platter......

What do you have hidden in your recipe box that you could share with me????

Thanks in advance for helping with this weekly challenge!

Make low-fat cheese, crackers, and pepperoni, and NOBODY will know.

Get:

Cabot light cheese - there's two kinds. 75% light which has 1 point per ounce. It's really good! There's also 50% light which has 2 points per ounce. Cracker barrel also makes a chedder from 2% milk that is 2 points per ounce. Just cut up the cheese into ounce slices, and then quarter them. That way you'll know that each piece has either a quarter or half a point.

Reduced fat triscuits - they're 3 points for 7 crackers, I think? There may be something else, but the triscuits are my favorites!

Hormel turkey pepperoni - 2 points for 16 slices, and it's pretty good.

Unless you tell them you used the lower fat items, they'll never know.

Another idea is hummus. Hummus with some toasted light pitas, or again some light crackers is good.

If you mix some light cheez whiz with some salsa, that's a great dip. You could take both baked (or the Olean ones) and regular tortilla chips. Again, unless you say something, there's really not a heck of a lot of difference between the light and regular cheez whiz. Or even the light velveeta.

Taco dip is great. Get one of the medium sized tubs of fat-free (or low fat) sour cream. Mix it with a packet of taco seasoning, and layer it with tomatoes, lettuce, reduced fat shredded cheese, and fat free refried beans. Because there's so much other "stuff", the chances that it'll be recognized as fat-free or light sour cream are pretty slim.

You could take some of the Banquet fat free chicken tenders and toss them with barbecue sauce. (I use La Nova's....it's a local restaurant that bottles it....they taste EXACTLY like the chicken fingers from the restaurant, just not as greasy....I'd be happy to send you a bottle....it really is good stuff!!!) Taste like barbecue chicken fingers!

You could bake some french fries, use some of the hormel real bacon bits, and use some reduced fat shredded cheese over the french fries for some cheese fries.

Here's a link with a coupld of different appetizer recipes if you're looking for something a little more complex:

http://www.dwlz.com/appetizerTOC.html

Hope that helps!

Ok I have a couple of Ideas that may work for you and nobody would ever know!!

Black bean dip

I can black beans
1 jar salsa
FF or reduced fat shredded cheese

PLace salsa in blender blend until smooth. Add black beans pulse until beans break up just a bit. pour into bowl and add as much cheese as you like. mix. serve with baked tortilla chips, pretzels or reduced fat crackers.

Taco dip
Mix low fat cream cheese and low fat sour cream (8 ounces of each) together until smooth. Add Taco seasoning to taste. Spread in the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with shredded lettuce, sliced olives shredded cheese and diced tomatoes. Serve wit Baked tortilla chips.

Mousse

! 4 ounce instant chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups 2% milk
1 8 ounce reduced fat cool whip

Mix milk and pudding and fold in cool whip. Chill and let set

Cheese Ball8 ounce package of low fat cream cheese
1/2 package of dried beef
Galic salt and onion powder to taste
1 teasp worechestershire sauce

with cream cheese at room temperature mix in all incredients. I shred my dried beef first. ROll into a ball. May roll in nuts. Serve with reduced fat crackers.

Pizza dip

FF cream cheese 16 ounces.
pizza sauce
turkey peperoni
shredded monzerella

Soften cream cheese and spread in the bottonm of a casserole dish sprayed with pam. top with rest of ingredients layered like a pizza Bake until hot. Serve with bread cubes
Hope these help. I have people over every sunday and these recipes are ones that can be made with low fat or fat free ingredient. some I have never tried with ff so I am unsure how they worl. Nobody seems to know the difference!!!

Thanks guys....I am sooooo appreciative!!!!!!!

I'll let you know what i decide on...and how many points I blow on Race Day...I've got a bank of about 12...so I should be okay...

Thanks again.
Have a great day.

Dan...I haven't mentioned it earlier, but you've been an incredible inspiration....congratulations on all of your hard work!!!!

I don't anything about points but rotel dip is great with WOW tortilla chips or regular tortilla chips, whichever you think is best.

It's easy to make 1/2 pound light velveeta and 1 can rotel tomatoes with chiles.

Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes is a Texas staple at parties :teeth:

Great idea Nativetxn!!! Point wise thats not bad at all!!!!

Originally posted by SnackyStacky

Taco dip is great. Get one of the medium sized tubs of fat-free (or low fat) sour cream. Mix it with a packet of taco seasoning, and layer it with tomatoes, lettuce, reduced fat shredded cheese, and fat free refried beans. Because there's so much other "stuff", the chances that it'll be recognized as fat-free or light sour cream are pretty slim.

/B]

This is what I decided on......I'll bring some guiltless gourmet chips for me, and the Gold chips for everyone else!!!!

Thanks again for your help everyone!!!!!

Now if Jr. just finishes top 5...my day will be made!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter