Looking for reviews of Pollo Campero/Fresh A Peel/Babycakes NYC in DTD.

Dizneydaz

DIS Veteran
Well the title pretty much says it all. We haven't eaten at this/these locations yet and was wondering what your experiences have been. Please feel free to post pix if you have them.

We will be on the DDP and we frequently visit DTD to use some of our CS credits.

So let me know, the good, the bad, and the ugly (okay and the pretty too!)

TIA

I had chicken at Pollo Compero and then had a cupcake from babycakes. The chicken wasn't bad but it was nothing that you couldn't cook easily at home. The baked beans were good.

The cupcake was chocolate with vanilla frosting. The frosting had an odd gray color to it. The cake itself was not good at all, very dry. I'm a cake lover and I could only eat half of it. Other people may love this place but I wouldn't go back again. I do realize that these are gluten free and may be the only option for people on gluten-free diets.

I had chicken at Pollo Compero and then had a cupcake from babycakes. The chicken wasn't bad but it was nothing that you couldn't cook easily at home. The baked beans were good.

The cupcake was chocolate with vanilla frosting. The frosting had an odd gray color to it. The cake itself was not good at all, very dry. I'm a cake lover and I could only eat half of it. Other people may love this place but I wouldn't go back again. I do realize that these are gluten free and may be the only option for people on gluten-free diets.

Thanks. I wondered about the gluten and other free thing. I too am a cupcake, and cake, lover and in fact I make all the cakes for our family and have been decorating cakes (the old fashioned way-no fondant) for years. Thanks for your honest review. I personally can't stand a dry cupcake.

Anyone else?

I like the Char Grilled Caesar Salad at Fresh A Peel. Everything there has vegan qualities, like the eggless dressing. Kind of an oxymoron to me if you ask. The cupcakes at BabyCakes, are okay. You want to get them when they're baked fresh otherwise they become stale very fast because of the way theyre made. The cookies and the breads are better IMHO.

I can only review baby cakes. It was by far the worst cupcake I have ever had. Incredibly disappointing,

You've got to give Babycakes a try!! Their frosting shots are so good, as well as their cookie/frosting sandwiches and cinnamon toastie. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter