Looking for Raglan Road reviews

Would kids like it? We will have a 5 &13 year old. Have red at Rainforest right now but rethinking it

We've brought our daughter there when she was 8mo and then when she was 2 years 8mo, and plan to bring her there this Oct when she will be 4 yrs 8mo and now our son who will be 22 months.

below is the review from our last trip there - we love the food and atmosphere. It can get a little loud and crowded, but it's one of our favorites. Top favorite items are the Pate and the Bread Pudding

We made it down to raining, dreary Orlando ... but I guess a rainy day at Disney still beats most other days

For our first night we decided to go with a restaurant that was new for us last trip and we wound up enjoying way more than expected: Ragland Road

* Quick note before the first review starts - I will highlight any special drinks (i.e., good beer, wine, etc.) but otherwise assume we just got water, ice tea, pommagranate lemonade, etc. to drink for all meals. *

After my daughter examined every single item at The World of Disney (and us getting out of there with only buying some hair clips) we made our way through the rain to Raglan Road. Despite the weather (or perhaps because of if) it was very crowded and we made our way to the hotess stand.

We were there just a few minutes early for our 7:15 ADR. We were given a pager and called in about 15 mins ... and led to a table literally touching the stage where the band would start to play shortly. Thinking this was probably not the best loation for a 2 year old we asked to be put at a different table. We were given another pager and recalled in another 15 minutes and led to a nice table away from the stage.

Meals here start with dark Irish Soda Bread with a dipping sauce with a guiness reduction in it. We all enjoyed this - especially DD who enjoys anything you can dip
RaglanRoad_breadanddippingsauce.jpg

We knew what we were going to get for our appetizer, so that was easy: Crock o' Pate. (Rustic chicken liver pate served with an apricot chutney). Just like last time this was very good. Realy nice flavor and very smooth and the chutney adds a lot to it. The only negative is that the bread was so crusty and chewy that it was a little hard to eat. It is also a large portion - plenty for 3 of us to share (DD, to her credit, tried it, but pronounced the chicken liver pate as "yucky")
RaglanRoad_CrockoPate.jpg

DD ordered the Kids Chicken which was lightly battered (which was nice) but fairly tasteless (which was not nice). I appreciated that they had a number of options for side meals for the kids. My daughter request a side salad which she then ignored.
RaglanRoad_kidschicken.jpg

I went for the Bangers and Booz (Guinness & onion bangers on mash, topped with caramelized onions & beef stew) This was a really nice dish with the "Bangers" being the real star. very flavorful with some interesting spices. The lamb stew part almost didn't need to be there - though is resulted in a nice sauce for the potatoes.
RaglanRoad_BangersandBooz.jpg

DW ordered the Lambo (Lamb shank braised in rosemary jus with mash, leeks, ****ake mushrooms & baby carrots). She really like this but felt it didn't come with enough sauce. Fortunately the waitress was more than happy to bring out extra.
RaglanRoad_Lambo.jpg

DMiL decided she just wanted a cup of cream of mushroom soup. She liked this but felt it was very one note and really just a puree and didn't have much texture
RaglanRoad_MushroomSoup.jpg

I had a pint of Guiness when we were waiting for our table (no picture) and for my meal ordered a flight of the Orlando Brewing Company's beers (Blonde, Pale, Red, Brown). I hadn't had any of their beers before but really enjoyed them. They were quite good (and this is from someone who writes a beer blog) with the blonde being the absolute highlight.
RaglanRoad_OrlandoBrewingCoFlight.jpg

For dessert we couldn't pass up the Bread Pudding. Really, it is tough to not order this when you start seeing it delivered to neighboring tables. This was a great dessert with excellent sauces. This was another huge portion that was more than enough for all of us to share.
RaglanRoad_BreadPudding.jpg

Overall, Raglan Road was great again and is becoming a bit of a favorite of ours. Our service was very good and the entertainment (step dancers, band, etc.) add quite a bit. A couple of dishes failed to blow us away along with having to wait for a second table prevent this from being a Robin Hood meal, but it is a solid Little John

LittleJohn.jpg

Would kids like it? We will have a 5 &13 year old. Have red at Rainforest right now but rethinking it

Absolutely! Our dd will be 3 on our next trip and it will her fifth trip to Disney and 4th to raglan! She loves the food and the music and dancing. They are great with kids there and they even have them go on stage to dance at some points in the evening!

According to the Raglan Road website, the dancing and music starts at 5:00 pm nightly.

To my family, Raglan Road beats Captain's Grille in every respect. The food is far better at Raglan Road. I've tried many things and nothing has really disappointed. At Captain's Grille, the short ribs were good, but the crab cakes were "meh" (high on filler, low on crab). In terms of the atmosphere, both can be loud. Raglan Road is fairly quiet when the band/dancing is not occurring, but it gets louder when the music is going. However, I don't think that's a bad thing because the music and dancing are things that attract people to Raglan Road. At Captain's Grille, it's just loud (no quiet conversations because of the ambient noise level). I was seated off to the side of the main room and it was loud...I'd hate to see what the main room was like. In terms of service, this could have been on "one of" type thing. At Captain's Grille, our server was not very good. It was hard to get her attention and not seemed more focused on pleasing the table next to us (it had friend's of the chef, which meant she mostly ignored us). If that was the only issue, I'd be willing to give Captain's Grille a second chance, but coupled with the food and atmosphere, I hesitant to go back and potentially waste another meal. So, i would absolutely go to Raglan Road on every trip to WDW. I'd only go to Captain's Grille if I had lots of extra nights and had eaten at all of the places I know I like.

Perfect, that's what I needed to hear!!!

We ate there in May of '12. We thought it was OK but not great. DH liked the fish n chips but preferred the fish and chips in Epcot. I had the mixed grill (I think) and it was just OK. Nothing was bad nothing was great. I have a full review with pics in my signature if you're interested.

Also we thought the resturant was very loud. Even when the dancing wasn't going on there was a lot of loud background music playing. I guess we're old fuddy duddies, we like to talk around the table when we eat and it was almost impossible to do that because of the noise.

We ate there in May of '12. We thought it was OK but not great. DH liked the fish n chips but preferred the fish and chips in Epcot. I had the mixed grill (I think) and it was just OK. Nothing was bad nothing was great. I have a full review with pics in my signature if you're interested.

Also we thought the resturant was very loud. Even when the dancing wasn't going on there was a lot of loud background music playing. I guess we're old fuddy duddies, we like to talk around the table when we eat and it was almost impossible to do that because of the noise.

Thanks, we are fuddy duddies, too!! I just feel like we need to branch out and try new places as well as the old favorites. If we don't like, we won't go back again!! :hyper:

Just got back from Disney. Raglan road was one of my faves and I def. will be going back. we sat in the main room. Continuous entertainment-from the band to dancers -it was great. If you want peace and quiet this is not the place for you but if you like lively , hand clapping fun you will love it! The food was amazing. Hubby had the steak and said it was the best he had at disney( also had steak at Narcoossee and The Wave)I had lambo and really loved it. The soda bread was great and a nice surprise that it was included in the meal. for desert hubby had the trifle which he liked and I had the bread pudding that was totally delish with both caramel sauce and cream. I have pics but still on the laptop

Just got back from Disney. Raglan road was one of my faves and I def. will be going back. we sat in the main room. Continuous entertainment-from the band to dancers -it was great. If you want peace and quiet this is not the place for you but if you like lively , hand clapping fun you will love it! The food was amazing. Hubby had the steak and said it was the best he had at disney( also had steak at Narcoossee and The Wave)I had lambo and really loved it. The soda bread was great and a nice surprise that it was included in the meal. for desert hubby had the trifle which he liked and I had the bread pudding that was totally delish with both caramel sauce and cream. I have pics but still on the laptop

Great, thanks for the rave review - I am looking forward to it - 1 month to go, yippee:cheer2:

Hope you had a "magical" Anniversary celebration pixiedust:

I guess I'm in the minority here. I wanted to love the place, but it was just ok. The atmosphere and entertainment was great. My daughter had a blast on stage. The apps were ok, the main courses were gross. I had the shepards pie and my husband had the bleedin chowder. We hardly touched it. However, the Gers bread pudding for dessert was easily the best dessert of the trip. Next trip, when in Downtown, I'll stop in for some drinks and dessert.

I'm with you. We wantd to love it, but didn't.. Our service was average at best. Had Calamari City for app and it was lacking flavor. The fish and chips at Yorkshire County fish shop in EPCOT were better. Atmosphere was nice. We were sad we didn't love it.

We've eaten there twice, mixed reviews, but it's actually on our list of 'must do' restaurants now! The first time we ate there my green beans were too spicy (I'm super super sensitive to spice though) and my mashed potatoes were instant. Not sure if that latter part was just that they ran out of real potatoes that evening (we did go there super late in the evening ~9:30) or if that's standard, but we were unimpressed.

On our more recent trip, I had to give it another try because I read rave reviews about their gluten-free onion rings. This second trip, I was NOT disappointed! I had their mushroom risotto and it was scrumptious (and I don't even like mushrooms!) and their GF onion rings were superb as was their GF "bread pudding"-ish dessert. My husband ordered a plate of meat essentially (it was like a flight of meat, or a meat sampler plate served over potatoes I think) and it's one of his top meals ever at Disney! His bread pudding dessert he still talks about to this day!

It's great for kids because if they're fussy, no one will notice over all the dancing and band noise! Also, they even brought our 18month old up to the front of our section to participate in the dance lessons the girls give. Too cute and great memories :)

We're just back from 10 days of glorious deluxe dining.

We were at Raglan Road in 2011 and loved it.

This time, it was the worst experience of our trip. By far. It is off our list.

The service was off. Granted, that can be just bad luck at getting a bad server, so that wouldn't stop us from going back necessarily - but she was bad. Disinterested, inattentive, bordering on rude.

But the food...not good this time. My husband's shepard's pie was cold in the middle. My salad had brown wilted lettuce. My son's scallop forest tasted of bad, rancid oil.

I was looking forward to the bread pudding all day, but sadly we left before dessert. We had been sitting there for nearly 2 hours with the slow service. The server soured us, as did the food, and we just wanted to leave.

Sorry.

We have been there at least 5 times and go every time we are here. Never had a bad meal or service. The wine list is also good and the bottles are reasonable. We have TIW card so the price Is always right. We won't sit anywhere but main room so we will often wait a while for a table to get what we want. The entertainment is terrific. We love to sit right by stage.

Hi
We ate at Raglan Road in April 2012, with 3 girls aged 11, 9 & 6 at the time. They loved it. OK they do a bit of irish dancing at home, so were delighted to see the dancers. The food was amazing, and the atmosphere was brilliant. I think we ate at about 7.30pm, and there were quite a few children in there at that time. They get them up on the stage too if they want to have a go at dancing. Its on the list for next time, we wouldn't miss it for the world.

We were there in Feb 2014 and we loved it! We loved the scallops and sausage appy and everything else we had. The entertainment and service were great. It's now a must-do for us and we can't wait to go back.:thumbsup2

DH and I went last month and it was just "ok" for us. Had the fish and chips and they were really extra greasy. I have heard such good things, so I was a little disapointed, but I would be willing to try it again and maybe get something different.

We really love Raglan Road also for all the reasons listed already. We took the kids when they were younger and they had a great time especially with the dancing and live music.

If you really want to have some fun, if the band is taking requests, ask them to play "Fairytale of NEw York". It is more of an Irish Christmas song, but they had a blast playing it in August and the place went nuts. I told my little guy to request it and the band was laughing like crazy when this 5-6 year old asked them to play it. He still talks about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter