• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for Raglan Road reviews

We LOVE Raglan Road! Tried this for dinner back in 2009 and have eaten here every trip on our arrival day's dinner. The irish soda bread and gusiness dip is awesome. I get the Serious Steak every year (has basil oil, whiskey marmalade and onion straws) and my mom and fiance get the Lamb Shank every year. The desserts have changed on us every year, but I still with the Chocolate Kiss (basically a domb of chocolate every way you can think of) and someone always gets the Bread Pudding. Do not order this if stuffed ahead of time! Also tried the Beef OMurry and the scallop dish. Everything has always been fantastic! Definitely one of my favorites and will continue to be!

I'd say try the Sunday Brunch! My family and I were there Jan 13. It has the normal menu as well as the brunch menu, so everybody has lots of choice! Disney Food Blog has great reviews with photos if you haven't seen them already.

my boyfriend & i ate there for the first time in february and were absolutely blown away by how good everything was. i loved it ALL sooooo much. i'm trying to remember what all we had...

drink: i had a magner's cider sangria which was very very yummy. my BF had beer... i think kilkenny. he loved it.
bread: they give you irish soda bread w/ a guinness reduction. it's delish.
appetizer: we had the dalkey duo, battered cocktail sausages & mustard dipping sauce. i liked these a lot, my BF was over the moon in love with them.
entree: OH MY GOODNESS... i had kevin's heavenly ham (irish mist glazed loin of bacon w/ savoy cabbage, colcannon potatoes, parsley cream sauce & a raisin cider jus). i cannot even explain how delicious this was. i don't even like ham that much, just tried this on a whim. the ham was OUTSTANDING and the flavors of the parsley cream sauce & cider jus blended together perfectly. the potatoes & cabbage were great as well. this is one of my favorite entrees i have ever eaten anywhere, not just at disney!! YUM! my BF had the beefy murray (beef curry pie w/ spinach, potatoes, mushrooms & apple chutney). he loved it. i tried a bite & it was a little too spicy for me but still delicious.
dessert: we had the famous ger's bread & butter pudding. it was great but i think i like the bread pudding at 'ohana just a LITTLE bit more (probably because of the bananas). they give you 2 sauces, i think caramel & vanilla. i am pretty sure it had raisins in it too. we were already sooo stuffed that we didn't even finish half of this.

i wish i still had my pics of the meal to post, but i lost them from my phone. :(

anyway, i hope you have a great time. you will LOVE it!!! :love:

Well firstly, you can feel free to check out my full dining review of Reglan Road here - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46395524&postcount=28

But in addition I will say that this was easily one of our top 5 favorite meals of all time in Disney, and it's one of my biggest regrets that we didn't go back last year.

The atmosphere, for us, was perfect. It's loud but SO much fun, and not so loud that we were uncomfortable. We could have sat there all night. Dancing, music, AND great food!!! Hands down dessert was my favorite, but all the dishes during our meal were fantastic.

Go! Don't hesitate, just do it :)

Go there every year, have not had a bad meal or bad service yet !! My fabvorite is 'It's not bleeding chowder , and the raspberry pasvlova for dessert !! Love the Irish Dancers too !!!

I really like Raglan Road. I've eaten there several times and all of the meals were very good. These are some of my favorites...

For appetizers I really like the Scallop Forest (below) and the calamari. For both, the batter coating is crispy and the inside is tender. I really like the presentation of the Scallop Forest.
DSC_0561_1_zpsd0d49294.jpg

For entrees, the Fish & Chips (top) and Sod the Stew (bottom) among my favorites. The Fish & Chips have a crispy coating on the outside and tender fish inside. Sod the Stew is bascially a Guiness beef stew. It's very flavorful.
RR_FishChips.jpg

RR_SodtheStew.jpg

As for dessert...the Jaffa Dunbrody Kiss is one of my favorite desserts in all of WDW. It's basically a rich, smooth chocolate mousse covered in ganache with a soft sponge cake bottom. So good!
DSC_0588_1_zps66b5a2ff.jpg

Thank you all so much for the reviews! I'm really looking forward to going there in September! :cool1:

Would kids like it? We will have a 5 &13 year old. Have red at Rainforest right now but rethinking it

Would kids like it? We will have a 5 &13 year old. Have red at Rainforest right now but rethinking it

Much as I LOVE Raglan Road, I am not sure kids would like the atmosphere although I am sure they would like the food !!! They do have Irish Dancers , which might interest the kids !!

My daughter and I dream of the serious steak with that whiskey sauce. Every time we go back she asks if I made a Raglan Road reservation. The food is awesome and the kids in our family absolutely love the entertainment.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I wanted to love the place, but it was just ok. The atmosphere and entertainment was great. My daughter had a blast on stage. The apps were ok, the main courses were gross. I had the shepards pie and my husband had the bleedin chowder. We hardly touched it. However, the Gers bread pudding for dessert was easily the best dessert of the trip. Next trip, when in Downtown, I'll stop in for some drinks and dessert.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I wanted to love the place, but it was just ok. The atmosphere and entertainment was great. My daughter had a blast on stage. The apps were ok, the main courses were gross. I had the shepards pie and my husband had the bleedin chowder. We hardly touched it. However, the Gers bread pudding for dessert was easily the best dessert of the trip. Next trip, when in Downtown, I'll stop in for some drinks and dessert.

I'm with you. We ate there in September 2012 and were not that impressed. It wasn't terrible but wasn't the greatest. We ordered the scallops and an appetizer sampler and both were greasy. I think we may have ordered the wrong thing and perhaps that is why we were not impressed. FIL ordered the Sheppard's Pie and loved it.

Never had a bad meal at raglan road! Eat there every trip. Love the food and the atmosphere! Would recommend it to anyone.

Love it! The "It's Not Bleedin Chowder" is awesome and the bread pudding is the best I've ever had. The Irish step dancers just add to the atmosphere. We already have ADRs for Raglan Road for our October vacation.

one word: LOVED!!!! Went last September and will be back next september. The food was delicious, atmosphere so much fun, and we had great service. We got sat right up from by the stage and right next to the podium where the irish step dancers dance. my husband pretty much felt like he would be kicked in the head during the show, that is how close we were! LOL :rotfl2: But We each started with a salad, his a garden and mine a caesar. Both were great. The bowls they come in are awesome too! They are tilted almost like an illusion. We both ended up ordering the steak that came with mashed potatoes and onion rings. Cooked perfectly, sauce very good, and were very pleased with the meal.

Does anyone know what time the entertainment starts? Can anyone compare to Captain's Grille??:listen:

According to the Raglan Road website, the dancing and music starts at 5:00 pm nightly.

To my family, Raglan Road beats Captain's Grille in every respect. The food is far better at Raglan Road. I've tried many things and nothing has really disappointed. At Captain's Grille, the short ribs were good, but the crab cakes were "meh" (high on filler, low on crab). In terms of the atmosphere, both can be loud. Raglan Road is fairly quiet when the band/dancing is not occurring, but it gets louder when the music is going. However, I don't think that's a bad thing because the music and dancing are things that attract people to Raglan Road. At Captain's Grille, it's just loud (no quiet conversations because of the ambient noise level). I was seated off to the side of the main room and it was loud...I'd hate to see what the main room was like. In terms of service, this could have been on "one of" type thing. At Captain's Grille, our server was not very good. It was hard to get her attention and not seemed more focused on pleasing the table next to us (it had friend's of the chef, which meant she mostly ignored us). If that was the only issue, I'd be willing to give Captain's Grille a second chance, but coupled with the food and atmosphere, I hesitant to go back and potentially waste another meal. So, i would absolutely go to Raglan Road on every trip to WDW. I'd only go to Captain's Grille if I had lots of extra nights and had eaten at all of the places I know I like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter