looking for photopass pose ideas

wlake

DIS Veteran
Hello! I'm not sure this question is in the correct location, but if it is:

What sorts of poses do you have your family do in your photopass pictures? We got tons of good ones last year, but they're all in the same mom and dad in back, boys in front style. I'd like to change it up a bit this time and am looking for ideas! Thanks!

Have the PhotoPass photographer pose you. Also, be sure to ask them about any magical enhancements they can do.

Have the PhotoPass photographer pose you. Also, be sure to ask them about any magical enhancements they can do.

We did let them pose us, and that's how we ended up with the same photo almost every time. That being said, one photographer posed us that way and then (unknown to us) zoomed in on the boys' faces and got two of my favorite pictures of the boys ever.

We did get the balloon shots and loved them! I wish we were going to DHS to get the Mickey pictures, but it seems like a little much to go there just for a photo! :)

We have one I really like from a few Christmases ago - suggested by the PP photographer. He lined us up one in front of the other.

My DH is very tall, I am very short, and the kids are still shorter than me. So he just lined us up, DH in the back, then me, then my DS, then my DD and she was kind of bent over. It turned out really cute.

I've gotten a lot of complements on the one in my signature.

I love your picture & always forget to say so when I see you around the boards !

To OP have photopass take just the adults then just the kids, there are so many options..I have gotten the best shots when I ask a PP to use their own imagination & go crazy. It works great when there is no line. During a show for example a PP will usually just be standing around waiting & they do a great job.

and Welcome to the Dis !

They posed my family for this adorable shot in AK last year. (I am not in the shot as I was grounded with the infamous WDW stomach bug). Photopass added Simba, we added the frame afterwards.

ry%3D480

Sorry I don't know how to make it smaller!

Here's some ideas I've seen in other threads (sorry I can't remember who the credit goes to...):

-- Waving "hello" to the castle (or hat or tree, etc.), taken from the front
-- Waving "goodbye" on your last day, taken from the back
-- Kids or parents and kids walking down Main Street hand in hand taken from the front and the back
-- Ask the photopass person to turn around and take the photo from the other angle (i.e. with the train station behind you instead of the castle)
-- Sit on the bench (or curb, or stand next to the lightpost, whatever) next to the photopass person, they will take it from that angle
-- Jump for joy
-- Ask the balloon seller to let you (or your older child) hold the balloon strings (they will still hold on too) and have them take that photo. It can turn out really cool
-- Take a before shot on your first day all excited and happy, then an after shot on your last day, exhausted or "crying"
-- Always ask for the magic shot they have available
-- Tell them you have preordered the CD and tell them to snap away
-- Tell them you really enjoy candid shots as well as posed shots

That's all I can remember right now. I'm sure the other threads are out there. Maybe someone can link to them.

Hello! I'm not sure this question is in the correct location, but if it is:

What sorts of poses do you have your family do in your photopass pictures? We got tons of good ones last year, but they're all in the same mom and dad in back, boys in front style. I'd like to change it up a bit this time and am looking for ideas! Thanks!

One of my all time favs is the 4 of us putting our faces close together and he took a close-up. Only 1 photographer has done this and the shot turned out great.

The PhotoPass photographer called this one the Pirate & Princess pose:

image0183c.jpg

Here are a few we've had. Our favorite Photopass photographer is "Michelle" from MI who works at MK. We haven't seen her lately--but she always had great ideas!

This is one of our faves....
Image202.jpg

Heading toward the castle....
Image207.jpg

Not one of my faves (too cheesy) but something different.
Image155.jpg

Now, this one was a TOTAL stroke of luck--a rainbow appeared over the castle after a rainstorm and the photographer had my DD hold her arms up like she was holding the rainbow. Kind of neat!
Image058.jpg

Whamma - Your pics had me in tears! PP - I LOVE your sig pic... You know who you are !

My fav weird "pose" pics were when photog had us look "Scared" in front of ToT... at DHS...

I replicated that via request (photog in 2010 didn't think of it... I did) and I saw a few folks do the same thing after us.... Let's see if I can find and upload it....

I DID have a creative photog in 2010 at MK that had the "balloons" shot.... they were cute....

Hugs,
Mary

Photo0050.jpg

These are such great ideas. I am going to be there next week with my family and I really hope to get some new cute poses. The photopass people have never had us do anything interesting before but this will be the year.

That pic with the rainbow is incredible. And everyone had rainbow tie dye shirts on too. :thumbsup2

Wow! Great suggestions and amazing pictures! :disrocks:
The only other thing that comes to mind is to remember that Test Track pictures are included (no extra charge) on PhotoPass, so if you get a chance to ride more than once, have fun posing for the pictures. You do know when they take it, right?

Also, if you have a Disney Visa, the Epcot character meet perk that you get, can be added onto your PhotoPass. If you have the card and haven't done it, it's well worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter