Looking for opinion's on Narcoossee's

Stitch_Is_King

Mouseketeer
Ok so DW and I are trying to figure out which Signature restaurant to do on our upcoming trip. We had decided on Narcoossee's but after reading some other threads I have seen people rank it at the bottom of all the signature locations. Should we avoid it and try a different location? Why all the low rankings for this place?

We have already done the California Grill and loved it as well as the Brown Derby and Le Cellier, so we would like to try one we have not tried before.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

We really enjoyed our meal at Narcoosee's. We are going back on our October trip! We had wonderful food, good service, and a great view of the MK fireworks. We also enjoyed the Brown Derby and the California Grill.

We try to do a new signature every trip and we have just about worked our way through them. My 20 year old has a goal of eating in every restaurant at WDW! So we have promised to save Citricos for when she is with us. Hopefully this January. So we haven't done them all. We also haven't done Victoria and Albert's.

Narcoosee's is very near the top of the list as our favorite so far! I think the Flying Fish still has a small edge though.

We are also planning on making this our anniv place to dine on this trip and really looking forward to it.

I love dining there. The interior has a nautical theme with lots of wood work. I love the calamari, lobster, but the star of the meal for me there is the almond cheesecake. It is to die for :) With the back drop of the castle and if you dine late enough for wishes what more could one ask for.

I've been to every "signature" restaurant except Yachtsman (and Shula's, and not counting CRT as it isn't signature because of the food) and Narcoosee's is the one that impressed me the least. I don't remember that it was bad, it was just not very interesting. Enough that I never went back. But I literally have not been there in at least five years. Maybe six.

We also enjoyed Narcoossee's. I have read horrible reviews of the surf and turf and whole lobster entrees but that is what DH and I ordered respectively and both were fabulous! Both were cooked to perfection, had great flavor and we paired with delicious sides. We also did not feel as if the restaurant was overly noisy or loud and we had good service which seems to be two other frequent complaints.

I personally think that it is a great choice and worth a try!

I don't think the food is as bad as many people say, it's just simpler than the other signatures. But our service there was absolutely horrible. I'd recommend another sig, like Artist Point, Citricos, Yachtsman, Jiko, or Flying Fish.

We had done almost every signature this past May except for Artist point and one other that I canèt remember the name right now. I have to say that Narcossees was the worse. The lobster was very chewy, the filet wasn't all that great either. Dh and I were disappointed however I will be going back next week as I believe in giving a second chance. I just can"t imagine a restaurant being so bad and think it must have been a bad day or something. All the other signature were good... very good.

Thank you everyone for your input. We are still trying to decide on it but feel free to keep the comments coming.

I happen to love Narcoosee's. I had a bad experience at Citrico's this year but other rank it very highly. The filet is amazing as well as the Almond Cheesecake.

Try not to get too hung up on other people's reviews.....in the end, they are all opinions. Go and have a great time and enjoy the view.

Jill in CO

We have also been to most of the signature resturants in WDW. I feel that Cali Grill is the best for atmosphere and have always had a great meal. Jikos also is great pending on the seating. I think that Flying Fish has the best overall food and service they are just lacking the wow factor of CG or Narcoosee's. That would be the only good thing to say about Narcoosee's the food was bland and service awful.

We ate there last Sunday and really enjoyed our meal. The food was delicious, service good and we had a good view of the fireworks and also the floating light parade that comes past. The only negative was that we had to wait quite a while to be seated but that was probably because we requested a window table.

we ate there there this past Sept and LOVED it ! We were celebrating my birthday and our anniversary and the people couldn't have been nicer. they made it SO much fun....they gave us champagne and a birthday cupcake and a menu w/ our names and the date. :love:

We were on the deluxe plan and I got the whole Maine lobster and my DH got the lobster tail w/ filet. Both were outstanding. It was funny, after we got back I kept reading some negative things, but we didn't have a bad experience at all. I would go again in a heartbeat. :thumbsup2

We ate at Narcoossee's this past March, my family LOVED it. To DH and I it was ok. We were expecting more being a Sig. restaurant. Don't get me wrong it was good, but not as great as other Sig. we have tried. We had the Surf and Turf as our main entree and it is was so bland. The Lobster was ordinary and the steak had good flavor, but we ordered it well done and they burnt it. We were disappointed. However the appetizers were really good. The crab cakes were a favorite with our party, the caesar salad and the mussels (DH loved them) and the portion was huge! No one had desserts because we had a dessert party at epcot to go to. We would go back, were just not sure if we would order the same entree.

We've done every signature except Citricos which we will be trying this trip and Narcoosees is in the top 2 for signatures for us. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful and the food was awesome. I say give it a try! We would rank it up there with Cali Grill and above Le Cellier and Brown derby.

We liked our appies and desserts but not the entrees..had to wait past our dinner reservation even though we showed up 20 minutes before the reservation, was worth it for the window seat with a gorgeous view of the castle decked out for Xmas. The service was amazing.

We ate at Narcoossee's during our trip last year. Thought the food was good. The view was good. We "accidentally" had our ADR when Wishes was happening. We didn't even look at the firework/parade schedule before making our reservations. Everyone stops and goes out on the deck to watch them. Our biggest negative was the service. It was slow and the waiter seemed to not care about giving us good service. I wouldn't say that ruined the experience but it definitely hurt the experience.

We have dined several times at all the signature restaurants and I have to say that Narcoosees is definately one of our favourites. Perhaps we have been lucky but we have never had one bad meal and have always enjoyed the whole experience. The food and atmosphere is lovely it has a real buzz about it and if you time your meal to coincide with the fireworks at MK it is lovely to watch from inside the restaurant or step outside by the jetty and watch the show.

We have dined at all of Disney's signatures, the upscale restaurants at Swan/Dolphin, Bistro, Wolfgang Upstairs, V&A, many times.

Narcoosees is our least favorite. 10+ years ago, we enjoyed Narcoosees, especially since I'd rather eat fish over meat any day. However, our last 2 dinners here have been mediocre. Once it became the dining plan darling of fireworks viewing, the atmosphere here has went downhill. The place is now a casual and noisy family restaurant with average food. It didn't help that our last visit had us eating rubbery lobster seated at a table next to a crying child who was not removed but was allowed to repeatedly throw silverware onto the floor.

We are adults only, we prefer a quieter upscale atmosphere so we go to bluezoo. Food, service, atmosphere is much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter