Looking for non-park recommendations for two foodie diners.

First I'd sub out Boma for either Jiko or Sanna. Then I'd suggest california grill for your second option. Not only is the food incredible, but you can time it with wishes and get to experience the fireworks without having to be in a park. If that doesn't appeal to you we also love flying fish.

Thanks again, still reading and absorbing all the responses. :)

As far as the Cuban options mentioned, while I grew up eating Cuban food and miss it terribly (let's just say I live in BBQ country now), the significant other isn't as big a fan.

As for the suggestions to drop Boma, I understand the reasoning and I'll definitely give it some thought. It was kind of a 'first night, don't want to get dressed up or have to think hard' buffet solution, but that doesn't have to be the final word.

For those suggesting Sanaa, when I look at the menu it looks like standard Indian food fare that I can get at home. Does it elevate beyond your typical Indian sit-down meal in some way? For example, I go to a local place pretty often with killer butter chicken and naan.

If you are used to killer butter chicken and Naan, then you can rule out Sanaa. It is very good but is toned down for the palates of guests who may have never had Indian food before.

At Jiko, you'll find guests in all types of attire: casual, park, and dressy. You shouldn't worry about having to dress up because Signatures have a very relaxed dress code now.

V&As is our favorite place, but Jiko is second on the list! Love it! The wild boar has been fantastic every time! They have a great wine list too. Never had a bad meal there and love the atmosphere!

Bull and Bear

Eddie V's

Prato in Winter Park

Luma on Park

Ravenous Pig

Cask and Larder

Chef's Table at the Edgewater

I just thought of another one, and it is AMAZING! Old Hickory at the Gaylord Palms...my very favorite adult only restaurant:)

Foodie here as well... I hate that word, but it fits. Also work in fine dining restaurants for a living. Just had dinner at Boma last trip, was lured by people's "great experiences" it was fine. Really not my thing. Food was pretty good. Service (yes there is service at a buffet) was great. I have eaten at Jiko and would definitely recommend it although it has been quite a few years. I'd switch out Boma for Jiko if I were you. I'd add California Grill to the list, it has also been a few years for me there but it was my best Disney Dining experience next to V&A's. (If $ is a concern though that may leave California Grill out as well) Kona Cafe for Breakfast may have been my best dining experience on the last trip I had. I know. I know. But service was awesome and the Tonga toast is ridiculously good. Haven't tried Blue Zoo yet, but have heard mixed reviews. Excited for Morimoto's to open this summer. Stay away from Ohana (in my opinion). And I'll leave out any recommendations in parks since you said you're not going to be in the parks. I probably didn't help much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter