Looking for new ideas to save

I am a pretty organized person (good with numbers, too!), and I have never been able to use coupons effectively. They are never for the things I buy, and even if I get a couple of good ones, the savings are so small, they are not worth the time to fuss around it. DH does keep them (never-ever uses them - ha!) around, I HATE THEM because they are just clutter that needs to be managed. We did throw out a pair of hockey tickets ones because DH put everything in one pile. Since that day I think coupons are a menace. :worried:

What I find most effective is simply not buying things we don't need. Sounds easy, but it's not. There is a lot of "you never know" situation. Some things work out, some don't, and turn into clutter :furious: For example, I only buy clothes and shoes online now - big UPROMISE fan here! :surfweb: It's easier for me to decide what to keep and what to not at home. For some reason, things look too good at the store, plus you always get distracted and buy things you don't need. I also have to force DH to eat what we have in the fridge. He usually shops for groceries and cooks, and he would buy vegetables and then let them sit in the fridge and blame me when they go bad! :scared1:

Another big article is mani-pedi and haircuts. I did my own mani-pedi and grew longish hair while we were saving money, but when I went back to having them, it's so damn expensive! :eek:

We are not planning to buy DVC - we are just starting on WDW, but it looks like we will be there a lot in the next few years - but I like the idea because you can get larger accommodations at a lower price. We like not to be on top of one another on vacation, so we rented DVC points for our first trip to cover 1br. Even with renting it was a good deal. However, it would be foolish to buy DVC and then offer accommodations to family or friends for free.

I've found that a great way to see where you can save money is to take a look at what you're throwing away. Paper plates, plastic utensils, ziplocs, paper towels, dryer sheets, small bottles of shampoo when larger bottles could be bought for less, store bought cleaners, etc.

I've found that a great way to see where you can save money is to take a look at what you're throwing away. Paper plates, plastic utensils, ziplocs, paper towels, dryer sheets, small bottles of shampoo when larger bottles could be bought for less, store bought cleaners, etc.
True. Add - what you end up donating to charity to that. I don't mind donating things that I got some good use out of, but when you donate something virtually new, there is some wasted money involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter