Looking for my bio father

Was your birthday the 1st or the 2nd? Mine is the 1st! :bday:

Give him time to get used to the idea. Just like you need time to digest it all. Right now the emotions are raw (betrayal, disappointment, excitement, nervousness...). I think considering how quickly everything has happened you're dealing with it remarkably well. Look for and find the support you need right now and deal with everyone else later. I'll keep you in my prayers. And feel free to PM me if you need to chat. :flower3:

OMG mine was the 1st too. awesome!:cake::bday: happy bday to you too.
I got the info at about 11pm on the first. I called him on the 2nd.

I was contacted by the ISRR less than 2 weeks after I signed up.
But your contact time was super quick!

I will tell you that my (adoptive) mom was part of a club when I was little. (There are still 5 moms left who meet once a month). Out of about 35 kids in the club who were adopted, I am the only one who found bio parents. Some moms were HORRIFIED (threatened?), some moms were happy for me and my adoptive mom, some were on the fence.
It can be an emotional struggle for all involved. Sending a :hug: and hoping he will be receptive to at least meeting you.
If you need a sympathectic ear, please feel free to PM me!

I was contacted by the ISRR less than 2 weeks after I signed up.
But your contact time was super quick!

I will tell you that my (adoptive) mom was part of a club when I was little. (There are still 5 moms left who meet once a month). Out of about 35 kids in the club who were adopted, I am the only one who found bio parents. Some moms were HORRIFIED (threatened?), some moms were happy for me and my adoptive mom, some were on the fence.
It can be an emotional struggle for all involved. Sending a :hug: and hoping he will be receptive to at least meeting you.
If you need asympathectic ear, please feel free to PM me!
THANK YOU very much. My dh was adopted and he did know his bio mom up to about 4 0r 5. he did go to her funeral when she died. He has a brother and has good contact with him. His mom wasnt threatened by him seeking out any family members and she is a great person. I dont know what dh would have been like without her. she was the one that fought for him and his sister even married his dad to protect them. as their bio mom was really messed up.

Anyway my dh has been my rock through this, he understands what it is like.

My dad did call me today and said he is not hurt that i wanted to find my bio and we made plans to go out. He said he just wants me happy. THAT is why he is my dad.

THANK YOU very much. My dh was adopted and he did know his bio mom up to about 4 0r 5. he did go to her funeral when she died. He has a brother and has good contact with him. His mom wasnt threatened by him seeking out any family members and she is a great person. I dont know what dh would have been like without her. she was the one that fought for him and his sister even married his dad to protect them. as their bio mom was really messed up.

My dad did call me today and said he is not hurt that i wanted to find my bio and we made plans to go out. He said he just wants me happy. THAT is why he is my dad.

So funny that we have the same birthday.

And your last post brought me to tears. So glad he reached out to you to express his support but it was your last line that made me cry.

So funny that we have the same birthday.

And your last post brought me to tears. So glad he reached out to you to express his support but it was your last line that made me cry.

I know It brought tears to my eyes when I hung up with him. :goodvibes

Wow - that is so amazing that you found him! I hope everything works out for you both! :goodvibes

I know It brought tears to my eyes when I hung up with him. :goodvibes

Congrats on finding your father and most likely he will come around and want to see you.

I think you are an amazing person to forgive your family for not telling you. I have a hard time forgiving and I would not be talking to any of my brothers, sisters or parents that knew. I would be extremely pissed off still!

Congrats on finding your father and most likely he will come around and want to see you.

I think you are an amazing person to forgive your family for not telling you. I have a hard time forgiving and I would not be talking to any of my brothers, sisters or parents that knew. I would be extremely pissed off still!

Oh dont get me wrong I am still pissed and they know that. But we have a great family that no one lets you out. lol However I cant cut them out of my life either. Life goes on weather he wants to get to know me or not.

If mom had told him when she found out it might be different but since its been almost 40 years well it could go either way.

ke.

What an incredible man. :goodvibes So lovely to hear.

AND YOUR NEWS! :thumbsup2 Very happy that you've made contact and can now follow it through to wherever it takes you both. :goodvibes

I'm very happy for you, cheermom.

And came back to add happy that you have such a supportive husband that understands.

But we have a great family that no one lets you out. lol However I cant cut them out of my life either.

Good for you on this. I'm hearing way too many stories about people cutting this person and that family member out of their lives. It saddens me. None of us is perfect. And people make mistakes -sometimes massive ones.

Anyway, good for you for working through your feelings, which of course are valid, around it all.

I'm glad you have your dh who totally understands.
I hope things work out for you.
(I didn't find my bio dad till I was 38!)

Ok I just talked to bio dad and he wants to meet. He said he went back and did some thinking and calucations and I'm right.

He wanted to know why mom never told him. He asked if I had a dad growing up and if I had kids and where i live, He could stop asking my questions. lol

He said he told his kids already and thye are all prepared to meet me. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

thanks everyone I cant tell you how great this is . :goodvibes

Ok I just talked to bio dad and he wants to meet. He said he went back and did some thinking and calucations and I'm right.

He wanted to know why mom never told him. He asked if I had a dad growing up and if I had kids and where i live, He could stop asking my questions. lol

He said he told his kids already and thye are all prepared to meet me. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

That's fantastic news!!!! :banana::cool1: I'm so happy for you! What started out as the worst birthday may actually turn out to be the best birthday!

I'm thrilled you guys are going to meet. I hope your relationship with him grows and that he doesn't have to miss anymore important times in your life. Good luck!

Wonderful news, cheermom!

All the best to you both - well to everyone involved. :goodvibes

That's wonderful news. I hope things go okay.
My dd had a daughter and the bio father knew. He gave up all rights to her at 3 but didn't see her since before her 1st birthday. Her stepdad adopted her. She found out when her bio uncle died. I had kept in touch with the bio's Mum and sister and my daughter had liked the sister and uncle. It was quite a night when my daughter told my granddaughter. Unfortunatly the family when really funny at the viewing and that ended all contact. My granddaughter knows that she can contact her bio family if she wants but so far hasn't wanted to. She is 19 now.
tigercat

I am so very happy for you. I am still in shock that you found him so quickly, that's amazing!!!

I am so very happy for you. I am still in shock that you found him so quickly, that's amazing!!!

I am too actually. I'm reeling from all of this . I really thought it would take longer. But the people on peoplefinders were amazing. They found him like 7 hours. They want a pic of us so they can put it up on their site. So if u go there after next sun. U might see it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter