Looking for my bio father

cheermom1

<font color=teal>He NEVER EVER takes them out in p
Hi everyone it's been a long time since I have been here.

I have been through a lot this past year. I found out my dad is not my dad. After almost 40 years. anyway the details dont really matter. I am posting here b/c of how many people come to this board.

I am looking for a Robert (Bob) Goss. He was an xray tech at washington regional hospital in fayetteville ar. in the last 70's. I know he was to be transferred to little rock ar in the late 70's. So that would make him in his late 50's or early 60s. I also know he had a son about the same age as I am late 30's. I also know that he has no idea I exist.

If anyone thinks they might have anything please let me know. Please and thank you very much. This is very important to me.

I know you probably have done this, but have you googled? You can find so much......

You know, it doesn't cost a lot of money for a quick check. If you have a family member who is an attorney, they can check too. My husband can get addresses and any criminal records just sitting behind his desk. {My son's soon to be step mother: Two DUIs? Six names? 17 addresses? Lost custody of your 10 yr old daughter? YIKES :eek: and 10 of those addresses were motels}

Google is your best friend. It will lead you to sites that will list family members and you just dig away. You wouldn't believe what I can find when I dig....{she lost custody of 10 yr old daughter and then left her 18 yr old daughter ~ I found that from her daughter's post on Facebook ~ of course, her daughters all have different last names} Okay, DISers...I'm not THAT psychotic. :hug: Maybe a lil. :surfweb:

I'd start with the hospital or pay $75 for a first background check if it's important to you. I doubt anyone here is going to know anything. Good luck to you!

I would like to say, although your dad is not your bio dad, he was your dad.

:hug:

I have been googling since friday night when I finally got his name. Thank you for replying.

I just thought I'd but it out here too. the one person that matches who I'm looking for (might not be him but still the best match) doesn't have a # on all the sites I have been on. I have paid a few sites already.

If I can't get any progress on my own by next week i've been thinking about hiring someone to help me. Again thank you.

'I would like to say, although your dad is not your bio dad, he was your dad.' This I know it is unspoken however what happened and the reason I was never told was just to save face nothing more. Mom said this guy was a great guy but she was just embarrassed. Ok I can get that but why not tell me when I was 18, 20, 21 or even 30??? she still didnt want to tell me now. even my brothers knew but not me. I am a little hurt upset and angry right now that my feelings wasn't taken in to count so forgive me if I feel like not hearing my dad is my dad crap right now.

Thank you for your help though

Hi everyone it's been a long time since I have been here.

I have been through a lot this past year. I found out my dad is not my dad. After almost 40 years. anyway the details dont really matter. I am posting here b/c of how many people come to this board.

I am looking for a Robert (Bob) Goss. He was an xray tech at washington regional hospital in fayetteville ar. in the last 70's. I know he was to be transferred to little rock ar in the late 70's. So that would make him in his late 50's or early 60s. I also know he had a son about the same age as I am late 30's. I also know that he has no idea I exist.

If anyone thinks they might have anything please let me know. Please and thank you very much. This is very important to me.

Just a thought. If you know he's an X-ray tech and you know the city he moved to perhaps you could go down the list of hospitals and medical clinics in the area, phoning to see if he works/worked there.

Also I've seen people post ads like this on Craig's list and Kijiji in the city the person is supposed to be in. Maybe someone who knows him will see it.

I know in my field (medical) and hold a license in FL, anyone can look up my name and see if I am in good standing.
You could try the states that require a license, looking up his name.

Good luck OP. You are in a difficult situation.
I'm not sure if finding your (for lack of better term) real dad is the answer, but I hope you can find some resolve.

Are you on Facebook? If so, search for the page People Seeking People. They have excellent resources available to them and have located so many people very quickly! I recommend heading over there! Let them help with the leg work.

HelenePA said:
are you on facebook? if not get one and please post on this site! they are amazing and solve missing people cases all the time for FREE!! https://www.facebook.com/people.seeking.people

Good Luck!

Looks like we were thinking the same thing!

Seriously, those people are amazing! They helped a girl locate her father last night. Within 30 minutes of her asking for help, they had given her names, addresses, phone numbers, pictures, etc.

Looks like we were thinking the same thing!

Seriously, those people are amazing! They helped a girl locate her father last night. Within 30 minutes of her asking for help, they had given her names, addresses, phone numbers, pictures, etc.

I saw that! :thumbsup2 I"m also glad they were able to locate that old man who was missing for over 7 years! They really are amazing!

OP please check out this group! They really are some amazing people!

Thank you for that link I had no idea. You ladies are grear:goodvibes

I know in my field (medical) and hold a license in FL, anyone can look up my name and see if I am in good standing.
You could try the states that require a license, looking up his name.

Good luck OP. You are in a difficult situation.
I'm not sure if finding your (for lack of better term) real dad is the answer, but I hope you can find some resolve.

I would call him the biological father. Since he doesn't know the OP exists I hope he is willing to meet her.

OP, best wishes in your search. When my adopted DD was 20 she sought out her birth mom, using a confidential intermediary from the adoption agency. The birth mom flatly refused any contact from DD. DD didn't want anything from her, other than to meet her and let her know that she (DD) had turned out all right but it was a rather painful rejection.

Please don't go into this looking for a fairy-tale ending. Perhaps it will turn out even better than in the movies, but don't get your hopes so high that even prince charming couldn't measure up.

I would call him the biological father. Since he doesn't know the OP exists I hope he is willing to meet her.

OP, best wishes in your search. When my adopted DD was 20 she sought out her birth mom, using a confidential intermediary from the adoption agency. The birth mom flatly refused any contact from DD. DD didn't want anything from her, other than to meet her and let her know that she (DD) had turned out all right but it was a rather painful rejection.

Please don't go into this looking for a fairy-tale ending. Perhaps it will turn out even better than in the movies, but don't get your hopes so high that even prince charming couldn't measure up.

Thank you I am not going into this thinking that it will be a fairy tail. I know it is a 50-50 chance. I have to at least let know I exist.

My father was not in my life by his choice, but I started looking for him after my mother passed away, because I felt like I was missing a part of my life, I also have 4 half siblings that I wondered about. Well, finally, in June, I was nosing around Facebook and found someone with his name and after snooping, found some other info that matched things I knew, so I messaged my half sister and half brother (not knowing they were really) and about a month later got a message back that they were who I was looking for. I am going to meet my brother on Sunday, he hasn't seen me since I was 9 months old and I'm now 40. He has talked to our father, but I don't know if he will come or not or if I will have a relationship with him or not, but my brother is definitely interested in staying in touch. We have been talking quite a bit since July.

Princessuzanne that is awesome I love hearing that. I did just post on that facebook link and that was awesome so thank you very much for that. Oh and today is my bday it would be great if I heard something today. lol I'm not counting on it though. :goodvibes

As adoptive parents of our two here, wishing you the best in your search, cheermom. :hug:'s And Happy Birthday also.

And good wishes for you also, Suzanne.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter