• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for Mary Poppins

GRAYWIFE

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
My DD6 is looking forward to meeting Mary Poppins on our next trip in 3 1/2 weeks. Any ideas where we might find her? :umbrella:

Thanks for any suggestions!!! :D

we found sweet Mary in the UK at Epcot World Showcase. She was in a store I believe.

We have seen her in Epcot in the United Kingdom area. Steve Soares Live Entertainment guide shows the following times this week.

Characters from "Mary Poppins" appear intermittently.
Daily 1:40-2:10pm, 2:30-3:10pm, 3:25-3:55pm, 4:10-4:55pm & 5:20-5:50pm

I think there is also a Character Breakfast at the Grand Floridian with Mary Poppins.

We have seen hear at breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. I have seen her at Epcot UK section and in parades.

GRAYWIFE said:
My DD6 is looking forward to meeting Mary Poppins on our next trip in 3 1/2 weeks. Any ideas where we might find her? :umbrella:

Thanks for any suggestions!!! :D

She is in the greating area for the 1900 Park Fare character breakfast they have at the GF.

We have seen Mary at UK in the back of the toy store. At MGM right by the entrance at various times of the day, she was on the right as you walk in by the ladies room LOL. We have also seen her at MK in the back with Burt by the carosel.

At each park they should have information at guest relations as to what characters will be where and the times. I have good luck tracking down characters in MK by checking at town hall on the left as you walk in and at MGM at guest relations sharp left as you walk in.

Good Luck.
TJ

Wow!!! I went downstairs for 15 minutes and when I came back I found all these great replies!!!! Thank you everyone! I am going to book the breakfast at the GF tomorrow to surprise her!!

Thanks again!!! :cheer2:

That would be the way to go as we were lucky to see her once in all of our trips outside the UK toy store. Wow, what fun you will have surprising your daughter! You'll have to post some pics!

We seen Mary Poppins in many places! On our November trip, we saw her by the entrance to Pinocchio Haus restaurant in Fantasyland. We also saw her inside the Toy Store in England at Epcot, as well as on the main sidewalk. At MGM we saw her by the entrance with a penguin (characters there seem to make appearances every half hour between starting roughly around 11:00/11:30 until 2:00/2:30ish, or close to that!). On other trips, we seen her in front of Exposition Hall right after you enter Magic Kingdom. :)

Mary Poppins is pretty easy to find if you know where to look! :teeth:

We (my DD8 and I) share your daughter's love of Mary Poppins so appreciate the question. Just be sure if you go to Park Faire (which is great) that you realize that MP does not come into the dining area. She stays out in the lobby. So if she's not there when you arrive (as was the case with us), go out during your breakfast to see her. She will be dressed in her nanny costume.

We saw her on our last trip on the back side of the castle (guess you would say near the carousel) in her Park outfit (the white one with the big hat). Beautiful! Hoping to catch her again when we go this week. Will definitely check with guest services to find out.

In December she was the first character I saw when entering Magic Kingdom. She was in front of the pin trading store. She is also my favorite character! I wish they sold more stuff at disney with Mary Poppins on it. I could not even find a pin.

Wow - we were just there last month and saw Mary Poppins all over the place...I think it has something to do with the release of the movie....
but she, Bert and a penguin were outside the town hall at MK in the evening before the fireworks....we went over and took lots of pics with them - no line at all. When the fireworks started and had music they started dancing in front of the big xmas tree.
They were many places in the park that week....hopefully you'll get to see her.

In August I got a Mary Poppins pin at the Poly...

and she is my favorite too! When I ran into her in the meet and greet store in Epcot I almost burst into tears!! Those CM's are just great, so kind and understanding of our loves, childhood memories!! I do believe if you make sure to let them know, at guest services, the cm's will give you the information!!

My first trip to WDW was in 1977 and I have a beautiful porcelin Mary Poppins with her unbrella/nanny outfit.. my grandma found the same one, but in the Chimney uniform, I so hoped to add to my collection, but no, I did however get the DVD for Christmas!!

princess:

I have a picture with Mary Poppins in from of the Great Movie Ride at MGM!

We saw her last week behind the Carousel in MK.

I think we're going to have to look for Mary Poppins, too -- here's the conversation with my 21 month old dd this AM:

dd: Mommy, Poppeeens ddd?
Me: You want to watch the Mary Poppins dvd?
dd: Yeahhhh! Poppeeens! (running to the cabinet to pull it out)

Good to know there are places to check for her, and we'll also consider the GF character meal.

there is also a part near where the kidcot staion is (unless they moved it) where there are two parts winnie the pooh and mary poppins and you can find things in the mary poppins part like the blocks spelling her name and her bag with the lamp coming out
i dont think anyone has seen this because when we went we were in the part for 10 mins and hardly anyone came

I saw Mary Poppins at Epcot. She was with the Characters on Holiday bus that travels around Epcot.

34285%3C2%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3A%3A9%3D589%3DXROQDF%3E2323647%3A25557ot1lsi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter