Looking for Marriott advice

Daisy Dog

Mouseketeer
Hi! Trying to decide between Marriotts Grande Vista and Marriotts Royal Palms for a stay in Oct. We will be doing Disney so wondering where they are location wise. Also would prefer an off site hotel that has a decent restaurant. We were also considering the Down town Disney double tree, but could use time share points at a Marriott. Is one more kid friendly, with a better pool area? Also do they take room requests for location and floor level. That is important to us, my mom has trouble walking long distances.
Any advice appreciated! :thanks:

Haven't stayed at Grande Vista but I know it is toward sea world and not as close to Disney. Royal Palms was very recently renovated and has a great location near Disney. It is in the Marriott World Center complex so you would have access to restaurants there. The exteriors of the buildings are a bit dated but I would recommend this resort overall.

The timeshare pool is nice but nothing special for the kids. The hotel pool has a slide - but I think there is a fee and you would need to take a shuttle to get there.

Not sure how they are with requests but all the buildings have elevators.

Last edited:
Gaylord is also a Marriott resort they have an awesome pool area and great restaurants. A smaller more boutique chose would be the Bohemian Hotel in Celebration, it is a Marriott hotel and is awesome! A small pool, but we have some of the best restaurants in central florida downtown Celebration, and is 8 minutes to the MK parking lot.

We loved Grande Vista last year but it is much closer to Sea World than Disney (I didn't think travel time was bad but I don't stress about stuff like that :)) Yes you can do building/location requests. The Main pool at GV was awesome but I dont remember there being a restaurant (more of a snack bar type place). Royal Palms is closer to Disney and have access to WC amenities (believe the pool for World Center use is $10/per villa?). We are actually in Sabal Palms this trip (after onsite WDW part).

Have stayed in many Marriott properties over the years, may have to check the Celebration one out!

Hi! Trying to decide between Marriotts Grande Vista and Marriotts Royal Palms for a stay in Oct. We will be doing Disney so wondering where they are location wise. Also would prefer an off site hotel that has a decent restaurant. We were also considering the Down town Disney double tree, but could use time share points at a Marriott. Is one more kid friendly, with a better pool area? Also do they take room requests for location and floor level. That is important to us, my mom has trouble walking long distances.
Any advice appreciated! :thanks:

Grande Vista is right near Seaworld. Still easy enough to get to Disney. It has an onsite restaurant which is good and lots of quick-service options. The pools are ok, no slides, there are splash areas for little kids. The unit was very nice.

Royal Palms might be a good fit. Close to Disney. There are restaurants at the Marriott World Center but it is not walking distance from RP (Sabal Palms is). The pool at World Center is nice but again, not walkable. They do have shuttles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter