• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for Like Minded Friends

GinaLuvsWDW

Earning My Ears
Hello Disney Fans! I just rejoined Disboards after forgetting how to sign in after not using for so long. I haven’t used because I pretty much always knew what I needed to do to plan a a trip to the World.
I used to have coworkers that were Disney fans that I could chat with but they’ve all been transferred to other departments etc and I miss talking Disney.
So I landed back here. I’d love to find fellow Disney fans, also people that love all travel! I’d love to have a dialogue about such things with anyone who’d like to participate. I don’t want to to discuss politics, controversy or conspiracy theories. I just want to talk Disney, travel and positive subjects.
Thanks for the add and hope to hear from someone soon.

Does anyone have ant trips, including non disney, planned? I just registered for a work conference in Vegas, August 1st through the 6th. It will be my first flight since March 2020

Hello Disney Fans! I just rejoined Disboards after forgetting how to sign in after not using for so long. I haven’t used because I pretty much always knew what I needed to do to plan a a trip to the World.
I used to have coworkers that were Disney fans that I could chat with but they’ve all been transferred to other departments etc and I miss talking Disney.
So I landed back here. I’d love to find fellow Disney fans, also people that love all travel! I’d love to have a dialogue about such things with anyone who’d like to participate. I don’t want to to discuss politics, controversy or conspiracy theories. I just want to talk Disney, travel and positive subjects.
Thanks for the add and hope to hear from someone soon.
Welcome back. That is why I came back here too. It’s a friendly oasis. The moderators do a great job at making this a safe place. It is my therapy, my escape. My recommendation is just find different threads to contribute to and watch the happiness flow serendipitously knowing you are in like minded company. We are in this together. 🙂

Does anyone have ant trips, including non disney, planned? I just registered for a work conference in Vegas, August 1st through the 6th. It will be my first flight since March 2020
we have trip booked for September but it doesnt look good at this point may rebook for 2022, doubtfull this covid will be ended by September just starting to think on cruise as well for next year.

the positive thing at this point in time is we have alot of time to consider all the options for next year, and to pay it off over the next months and months

Just a trip planned to Disney in September, I’m hoping more things are opened up by then. I got my first vaccine, another one in 3 weeks.
Much as I love Disney I also love traveling the world. Don’t see much of that happening anytime soon. My plan was to travel the world over the next few years, into retirement. Then when I’m older to see more of this beautiful country. My thoughts were that as I age it might be better to be in the USA. But thanks to the pandemic I guess my plans are switched. Next year I hope to visit some national parks and or the west coast. I’ve been twice but there’s still so much I haven’t seen.
As for Disney, I’ve been making playlists of park and resorts music. I listen when I’m at work and I need an escape. I’d like to know what anyone else does when the can’t be at Disney...

we have trip booked for September but it doesnt look good at this point may rebook for 2022, doubtfull this covid will be ended by September just starting to think on cruise as well for next year.
I think Sept should be better. A lot of people will be vaccinated and more things will open up. Where I live cases causing deaths dropped drastically over summer. I think, for me I will be ok with getting on a plane and doing most things outdoors when I arrive in Sept. I’m hoping there will be more dining opened up but if not I’ll eat and the Food and Wine Festival if it’s open.

Just a trip planned to Disney in September, I’m hoping more things are opened up by then. I got my first vaccine, another one in 3 weeks.
Much as I love Disney I also love traveling the world. Don’t see much of that happening anytime soon. My plan was to travel the world over the next few years, into retirement. Then when I’m older to see more of this beautiful country. My thoughts were that as I age it might be better to be in the USA. But thanks to the pandemic I guess my plans are switched. Next year I hope to visit some national parks and or the west coast. I’ve been twice but there’s still so much I haven’t seen.
As for Disney, I’ve been making playlists of park and resorts music. I listen when I’m at work and I need an escape. I’d like to know what anyone else does when the can’t be at Disney...
That's a great plan! Hopefully traveling the world will be an option again soon. Travel is my most favorite thing to do for fun - including planning our future travel. I often enjoy the planning as much as the travel itself.
As for what people do when they can't be at Disney, I also love listening to park music. Podcasts are another fun way to get a good Disney fix.

That's a great plan! Hopefully traveling the world will be an option again soon. Travel is my most favorite thing to do for fun - including planning our future travel. I often enjoy the planning as much as the travel itself.
As for what people do when they can't be at Disney, I also love listening to park music. Podcasts are another fun way to get a good Disney fix.
I listen to podcasts too but sometimes I can’t focus on my work when I listen to them lol. I love the parks music because in my head I can see myself walking through Epcot or Animal Kingdom etc.

I am hoping world travel opens up soon. I had a flight to Portugal booked March 13. That’s the day the USA shut down international travel. Needless to say that trip never happened. So there’s always Epcot. Won’t be quite the same without foreign interns, I’ve always loved speaking with them. But it will still be wonderful.

My association's annual convention was to be held in Orlando at the end of June. They just announced it would be going virtual, so unfortunately my trip to Disney this summer will be cancelled. Otherwise, no travel planned here for the foreseeable future. I'll continue to live vicariously through everyone else's Disney vacations :)

Welcome Gina! I too recently joined. I've lurked on the boards for quite some time, but look forward to discussing all things Disney and fun!

Welcome back, Gina. I love to talk Disney too! I haven't had a trip planned for some time, but hopefully things can get back open. I had planned to go to Disneyland Paris last year - fortunately I never actually booked anything. Every day I consider going to WDW, but I think I'd rather get my shots first!

Welcome back, Gina. I love to talk Disney too! I haven't had a trip planned for some time, but hopefully things can get back open. I had planned to go to Disneyland Paris last year - fortunately I never actually booked anything. Every day I consider going to WDW, but I think I'd rather get my shots first!
I’m essential worker so I have received my first shot and should receive my second in March. I feel that is enough for me to be able to plan a trip for September. Hopefully these shots are up and running for the majority of people by late spring so things can open back up.
I’ve been watching video of Disneyland Paris. My brother lives in Belgium and vacations in France. I’m hoping to meet him there in the future and spend at least a day at DP, it looks beautiful too!

I’m essential worker so I have received my first shot and should receive my second in March. I feel that is enough for me to be able to plan a trip for September. Hopefully these shots are up and running for the majority of people by late spring so things can open back up.
I’ve been watching video of Disneyland Paris. My brother lives in Belgium and vacations in France. I’m hoping to meet him there in the future and spend at least a day at DP, it looks beautiful too!

It was going to be a big trip. Paris & London, with 2 days at DLP! It just wasn't to be. I did just renew my passport though and when everything's clear I'm going to use it!

I do feel like I'd feel prety safe at Disney World, but the flying/airports an dother transportation bothers me. I think I'd want a car. It's bee too long! I really wanted to get out to Disneyland to see the new parade, but I think that may be even longer.

It was going to be a big trip. Paris & London, with 2 days at DLP! It just wasn't to be. I did just renew my passport though and when everything's clear I'm going to use it!

I do feel like I'd feel prety safe at Disney World, but the flying/airports an dother transportation bothers me. I think I'd want a car. It's bee too long! I really wanted to get out to Disneyland to see the new parade, but I think that may be even longer.
So sorry you had to pass on that. I have yet to get to London.

It's so frustrating having to cancel travel. I hope you get to go at a later date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter