Looking for kid leashes / harnesses advices

Safety temp tattoos are great. They will have your contact info on them and you can get them customized to say anything you want. Best part is since they stick to the skin your kids can't remove them or lose them.

Try harnesses by Elaine, they are a Canadian company. They make harnesses that will fit up to adults. We just recently ordered one for our daughter for the trip to Disney. She is 4 but has autism so we need something to keep her near us.

Hello there !
Our journey will begin tommorow morning for a whole month long, i'm more excited than ever (so are the kids and hubby) !!!!
I'll let you know how things are going :)

Cheers,
Fanny

I am really beginning to believe this is just a troll looking for entertainment. I just don't see how anyone in their right mind could seriously consider leashing a normal 10 year old a viable option, and what kind of 10 year old cannot manage their own breakfast? My 11 year old has been fixing waffles, pop tarts, cereal, ect for herself for years. Something just isn't adding up.
this whole thread....:rotfl2::rotfl::bitelip: :rolleyes1 very entertaining!!!

Thank you to those who suggested the temp tattoos. I just ordered some for our trip in Jan/Feb. My older son has some special needs and speech delays (is sometimes hard to understand if you don't know him especially when he is excited). These will be great for both him and his 2 year old brother who is, well, two.

I can't even with this thread. I just read the whole thing and almost wish I was at Disney to see the looks this family will get (if this is indeed true). Personally I think it's a trolling troll. I can't believe anyone would think that leashing a 10 year old that is neuro typical is a good idea. At best maybe they will get some side eye, at worst people are actually going to make comments. Even worse? Kids pointing and laughing or asking very loudly "Mommy why are those big kids wearing leashes?"
If someone is that concerned about losing their child or their child is that incapable of following directions then maybe they shouldn't be traveling to a foreign country.
I have no opinions on the harnesses because I wouldn't put any of those on my 11 year old. The last time she wore any kind of harness was DL and SHE WAS 2!
I'm actually really offended that OP thinks that it is a "cultural" thing to leash our kids in the US, like the more I think about it the more angry I get. People get really sideways when a toddler has a leash on and I can't imagine the reaction these people will get to a 10 year old.
BTW went to Disney in September...not one family from a foreign country had a harness on their child.

I would suggest writing down, in English, your name and cell number and giving each kid a card to keep in their pocket to show someone if they get separated from you. Also, there are a LOT of languages spoken at WDW besides English- I wouldn't be surprised if some kind passerby, hearing your child speaking French, stopped to help. I think the cast members at WDW are very used to helping people who don't speak English.

Hello all !
We're back and the trip was AMAZING :)
We've visited Disneyland, Legoland, Hollywood, Las Vegas ans Los Angeles.
The kids have been as good as angels and we're all safe home ;)
The harnesses have been used a lot, in airports, theme parks and crowded places in the cities.
Finally we had absolutely NO strange look and we've even been asked many times (mainly in disneyland and in the airports) where we had found the "disney harnesses".
In the end i'm really glad to have bring them with us as i know that i would have been way too much worried to let the kids roam free in the crowd.
We've made them some ID cards that they wore in their pockets but never needed them (thanks god !).

Have a very nice day,
Fanny

I might be a little paranoid bit I'll never post pics of my family on a public forum. Hope you understand :)
From the back, they would not be identifiable, or place an emoji over the faces. Lots of ways to post a pic without exposing your kids.

Sorry, had not time taking pics this weekend. As soon as i have afew minutes, i'll show you how it works.

Sorry, had not time taking pics this weekend. As soon as i have afew minutes, i'll show you how it works.
I don't think its going to do us any good unless you are in the right setting. We are looking to see how multiple leashes work in the massive crowd situation that is Disney. You didn't take a single picture of your kids on the trip? If they were leashed up the whole time there must be at least one of them with them on.

You didn't take a single picture of your kids on the trip? If they were leashed up the whole time there must be at least one of them with them on.
When i was taking pics of the kids, they were not connected to me or their father. I have a lot of pics of them but none showing how the harness were used in crowd situation. They did not spent their whole vacation leashed to us, even in the parks, they were maily free to roam but when we felt like they might become separated from us, then the leashes were clipped on. The harnesses, on the other side, were worn all day long, so we only had to clip or unclip the leashes when needed.

When i was taking pics of the kids, they were not connected to me or their father. I have a lot of pics of them but none showing how the harness were used in crowd situation. They did not spent their whole vacation leashed to us, even in the parks, they were maily free to roam but when we felt like they might become separated from us, then the leashes were clipped on. The harnesses, on the other side, were worn all day long, so we only had to clip or unclip the leashes when needed.

I know you are trying to explain, but I have to tell you, it only makes it sound worse and worse. The more you explain the more it sounds as if your kids are animals, with wearing harnesses all day, and clipping and unclipping them. It is not typical to harness and leash 8 and 10 year olds. Please, just ask for this thread to be

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter