looking for info on vero...

ornurse

Earning My Ears
Hi fellow DVCers.. looking for a little info on vero beach. Like nearest airport do i need to rent a car, any cool activites... anything would be great....

Well, the nearest airport is actually in Vero Beach, however I don't think there is scheduled airline servive there. Either Orlando or West Palm Beach would likely be your best bet. I don't know about Daytona, but if there is service I think it would be more dollars than MCO or PBI. I would choose Orlando if you are combining a VB visit with WDW.

Our favorite things to do at VB, is just relax. We love our 3 or 4 days of relaxing by the pool or on the beach without having to be on a set schedule. We take a drive, and next trip we will head up to the Space Center.

Have fun at VB..... :cool:

As Maistre Gracey has stated above I would reccomend Orlando airport (MCO). It is about 96 miles from MCO to the VB resort, or about an hour and 45 minute drive.You will find the better rates from Orlando.
If you are a baseball fan and go in the summer the L.A. Dogers minor league team (VB Dodgers) play there. If you go during spring training(Feb,March) the L.A. Dodgers themselves play there.

Here is a link of VB and activities on site for you below.;)

http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue_holland/vbr_activities.htm

Orlando and West Palm are your best airport choices. Melbourne is the closest airport but you will probably pay more and/or not get a direct flight. Vero has an airport for private planes, so if you fly your own, you're all set. ;)

I would recommend a rental car. It's the best way from the airport and gives you freedom to explore the Vero area. There are several fairly recent threads with ideas of things to do in Vero and restaurants to try.

Here's a recent trip report that gives you a "flavor"

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=359687

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter