Looking for ideas to announce pregnancy at WDW

Family ahead of us at VISA character greet in August had Mickey ears on Mom, Dad & Sister. Grandma & Grandpa are taking pictures along with photopass photographer. Mom starts holding a set of ears over her belly & I comment to DH...oh she's pregnant....right away. She asked grandma at least 3 times "did you get all 4(heavy enphasis here) pairs of ears?" Grandma clicks away another 5 pics before getting the message! LOL....she was sooo engrossed in getting the perfect shot!

OP, congratulations to you & your family!! Have fun with whatever you decide to do!

Thanks everyone for the congrats & ideas! I'm still shocked yet thankful at the timing of this! I took another test a bit ago just to make sure and there is no denying that line! :lmao:

I have till Monday (our birthdays/anniversary) to pull this off and hope they don't figure it out in the mean time. :)

And that shirt with the baby Mickey parts is adorable!!!

Thanks everyone for the congrats & ideas! I'm still shocked yet thankful at the timing of this! I took another test a bit ago just to make sure and there is no denying that line! :lmao:

I have till Monday (our birthdays/anniversary) to pull this off and hope they don't figure it out in the mean time. :)

And that shirt with the baby Mickey parts is adorable!!!

I am right there with you on the shock ;) It's funny because a few months ago I was really wanting to get pregnant, was sure I was a few times even before I was late, cried for days over not being.... And this time I was 10 days late before I even realized anything was going on :rotfl:

Have fun announcing! I ended up telling my hubby yesterday. I made a collage with a picture of each of our children, and then a picture of my belly, put a verse about children being a blessing, and then on the bottom wrote, "May 2013." He just stared at it and then said, "Reaallly???" in a slightly horrified voice :confused3 :rotfl2: It always takes him awhile to warm up to the idea. Probably just as well I didn't try to spring it on him at Disney, because he would have been all horrified, and I would have been expecting pixiedust: and would have probably burst into tears :lmao:

I still haven't decided when we will tell the kids. We are surprising them with the trip to Disney, so it seems a bit much to surprise them with Disney and then surprise them with a baby! But I want to take a picture at Disney to use to announce to friends, family, etc, and if we tell the kids to early they will spill the beans! So I may tell them on the drive to Florida, since we will be there for a week before we go to Disney for a conference ;)

I am right there with you on the shock ;) It's funny because a few months ago I was really wanting to get pregnant, was sure I was a few times even before I was late, cried for days over not being.... And this time I was 10 days late before I even realized anything was going on :rotfl:

Have fun announcing! I ended up telling my hubby yesterday. I made a collage with a picture of each of our children, and then a picture of my belly, put a verse about children being a blessing, and then on the bottom wrote, "May 2013." He just stared at it and then said, "Reaallly???" in a slightly horrified voice :confused3 :rotfl2: It always takes him awhile to warm up to the idea. Probably just as well I didn't try to spring it on him at Disney, because he would have been all horrified, and I would have been expecting pixiedust: and would have probably burst into tears :lmao:

I still haven't decided when we will tell the kids. We are surprising them with the trip to Disney, so it seems a bit much to surprise them with Disney and then surprise them with a baby! But I want to take a picture at Disney to use to announce to friends, family, etc, and if we tell the kids to early they will spill the beans! So I may tell them on the drive to Florida, since we will be there for a week before we go to Disney for a conference ;)

Congrats! And too funny on your DH reaction. We actually surprised the kids with this trip to Disney. They didn't find out till they were at the airport yesterday so finding out about this baby will be the icing on the cake as they've been praying for another sibling. (We lost a son 2 years ago so they have a deeper appreciation for their siblings).

Getting the Mickey parts shirt Sometimes it's great being a blogger who can do reviews Woot, woot!

That's great! I too am also a blogger & do reviews in addition to my postings about life. In fact, while here, I am reviewing a stroller from Orlando Rentals, love it!!

Congrats! And too funny on your DH reaction. We actually surprised the kids with this trip to Disney. They didn't find out till they were at the airport yesterday so finding out about this baby will be the icing on the cake as they've been praying for another sibling. (We lost a son 2 years ago so they have a deeper appreciation for their siblings).

That's great! I too am also a blogger & do reviews in addition to my postings about life. In fact, while here, I am reviewing a stroller from Orlando Rentals, love it!!

I'm sorry for the loss of your son. What a wonderful blessing for them to find out about on this trip!

Yay for bloggers! What stroller are you reviewing? Hoping to rent a double while we are there, since I will have my just turned four year old and 21 month old.

I was prenant on our last trip and didn't realize it. Never had a moments morning sickness or any other symptom and I've always been irregular so I wasn't worrying about being late. I just couldn't figure out why I didn't feel good on Exedition Everest and Rockin rollercoaster. I was terrified I was outgrowing the ability to ride. It wasn't until I got home and started counting that I figured out what the issue was. My husband jokes that our son is going to hate roller coasters because I traumatized him.

I'm sorry for the loss of your son. What a wonderful blessing for them to find out about on this trip!

Yay for bloggers! What stroller are you reviewing? Hoping to rent a double while we are there, since I will have my just turned four year old and 21 month old.

Thank you. The last 2 years have been a rollercoaster but we are blessed & our son taught us a lot (and continues to). His little sister was even born on his 1st birthday in the same room he was, can't help but see the miracle in that!

I am reviewing the City Single Stroller and so far love it! It's a simple one handed fold, pushes with ease and I love the huge sun shade on it. I've never seen a stroller with that much coverage.

My husband jokes that our son is going to hate roller coasters because I traumatized him.
LOL that's too funny!! We've got another week here so I'm praying my morning sickness stays away until we get home.

The photo below is not how I told DH or DD, but how we announced it to our family and friends. Everyone loved it!!

ry%3D400

I just went back and read the rest of your thread. I am sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage between DD and DS, but I can't imagine what you went through. :hug:

ADAMANDLISA said:
I found out that I was pregnant with our last the day we were leaving for WDW. When we got to Magic Kingdom, I sent him off with the other two to grab something and quickly located a CM and told them my news and that I really wanted to surprise my husband. They were so excited and said to meet them at a special meet n greet with Cindy at Town Hall at a certain time.

While we were getting our pics taken with our the royal couple, Mickey Mouse busts into the room with a giant box that says "From Mickey" on the top. My husband opens the box, and inside was a sweet yellow onesie, baby's first ears and tons of Mickey confetti. On the inside lid, he wrote "Gosh, Congratulations on your new baby! Ha-ha! Your Pal, Mickey Mouse".

The look on his face was priceless.....3 minutes later when he finally figured it out! :rotfl:

Peter Panic Attack said:
as an idea for a special spot, you could find an attraction sign that discourages expectant mothers....point to the statement and say "I guess I'll have to sit this one out".....reveal the shirt....release the pigeons...strike up the band...you get the picture.

dsneprincess said:
Family ahead of us at VISA character greet in August had Mickey ears on Mom, Dad & Sister. Grandma & Grandpa are taking pictures along with photopass photographer. Mom starts holding a set of ears over her belly & I comment to DH...oh she's pregnant....right away. She asked grandma at least 3 times "did you get all 4(heavy enphasis here) pairs of ears?" Grandma clicks away another 5 pics before getting the message! LOL....she was sooo engrossed in getting the perfect shot!

OP, congratulations to you & your family!! Have fun with whatever you decide to do!

Binkrin said:
The photo below is not how I told DH or DD, but how we announced it to our family and friends. Everyone loved it!!

Love love love all of these!!!! Hopefully one day DH and I will get too:)

Wow, you guys are very creative. I just waved the damn stick in front of my hubby. The look in his face was totally priceless!!

Dh was determined that we were going to keep this to ourselves for a bit, so I've already started planning the perfect WDW shot to use as our announcement. And then tonight at a family dinner he kept suggesting we announce it. No, darn it! Now I want my magic pregnancy announcement shot :lmao:

We told my daughter we were pregnant with her baby brother when we checked in at AKL by getting her a "Celebration" pin and writing in "being a big sister". You can get the blank ones where you write in what you're celebrating. Then while on our trip we went to the Design-A-Tee shop at DD and had one made that said "Surprise! I'm going to be a big sister! Coming Fall 2011" she wore the shirt home so when we visited my parents & siblings that night they saw her "new" shirt and found out that way. It went over great!

I love reading all your ideas here!

I just saw my very first extra pink line yesterday. I'm so happy but also scared since this is my first one. I was also wondering if there's a board on the DIS that is meant for expectant mothers?

Congrats everyone!

I love reading all your ideas here!

I just saw my very first extra pink line yesterday. I'm so happy but also scared since this is my first one. I was also wondering if there's a board on the DIS that is meant for expectant mothers?

Congrats everyone!

Woohoo! Congratulations! I think no matter what number it is, it's exciting and scary all at the same time :) I'm not aware of an expectant moms board on here. Babycenter.com has really active "birth boards" that group you with other moms due during the same month.,

Just wondering how it went!!

How about getting the "I'm Celebrating" button and writing "I'm Pregnant" at the bottom.

My wife was pregnant on our first trip. It was the two of us, plus her brother, his wife and their two kids. The two kids were being surprised about both the trip and soon-to-be cousin. They thought they were accompanying us to the airport to send us off (which they POed about, because we were leaving on something like a 4am flight). Then my wife got to surprise them that they were coming with us (she had been teasing them for months about how she'd say hi to Mickey for them, etc.). After that excitement wore down, she surprised them with the fact that they were also going to be having a little cousin coming soon (the adults all knew, but we didn't make it really public until after we got back from the trip).

On the trip itself, we took pictures of her holding Mickey ears up to her belly, mainly because we figured we might not ever come back (or at least not for a long time), and we wanted to have that pic for when our daughter tried to say, "you've never taken me to Disney!" :rotfl2: As it turns out, Disney is WAY more affordable than we thought, so now we think it'll be something we do with the kids fairly regularly (actually, I'm trying to convince my wife to buy into the DVC, but that's another story).

The one thing I wish we did, and this could be fun for anyone else looking to "announce," is that I wish we asked for an extra "1st Time" pin and put it on her belly. I think that would have been fun :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter